..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I got it to work Didn't realize I had to put in the file name into the GDB. The game shows XBOX buttons now however the Rumble isn't working. Is this suppose to be like that If thats so Then I guess Im still out of luck here. Need Inhexster to find a way for us to disable the 2nd input so the game only recognizes the virtual xbox controller device.

Edit:

So im not using the x360ce as that isn't what I want.
However, Sometimes Im able to get the game to recognize the 360 inputs instead of the directinput I just switched out the usb ports and now my games registering the 360 input . Don't know if its cause of the port switch or just luck.
No more bt connection problems with the new alpha, the x360 pad appears in the device list... everything seems to work fine now Wink
(12-02-2013, 11:52 AM)und3rd0g Wrote: [ -> ]No more bt connection problems with the new alpha, the x360 pad appears in the device list... everything seems to work fine now Wink

In regards to your connection problems on BT, I had issues with range(could barely play across from my TV), did 1.1 resolve that issue? Or were you having different problems?
(12-02-2013, 04:22 PM)MustardTiger Wrote: [ -> ]In regards to your connection problems on BT, I had issues with range(could barely play across from my TV), did 1.1 resolve that issue? Or were you having different problems?

No issues with range, maybe only compatibility problems with drivers i think (my OS is Windows 8.1 pro x64). With 1.1 no problems at all.
Darn, does anyone else have range issues with BT? I can barely play on my couch across from the TV and it even feels like I need to point the controller directly at the bluetooth adapter(ASUS USB-BT211). Using the same adapter with a DS3 and Scarlet.Crush's XInput wrapper I have absolutely no issues.
(12-02-2013, 06:25 PM)MustardTiger Wrote: [ -> ]Darn, does anyone else have range issues with BT? I can barely play on my couch across from the TV and it even feels like I need to point the controller directly at the bluetooth adapter(ASUS USB-BT211). Using the same adapter with a DS3 and Scarlet.Crush's XInput wrapper I have absolutely no issues.

It can be issues with your DS4 or some sort compatibility issue with your dongle. My tool uses default Microsoft Driver for BT as opposed to DS3 custom driver, so any communication over BT is handled by OS. Are you running Windows 7?
Yep, Windows 7. Do you think I should test out playing with a USB cable(the one I have is quite short, so I haven't played at all with it) to try and rule out issues with the DS4? I've only really heard of one other person(on NeoGaf forums) having similar issues to me. Would suck big time if I just got a defective controller.
Is there any plans to stop the program from crashing/have it run in the background when a controller is disconnected?
At times my controller gets unplugged and I have to stop what I'm playing and have to start the program back up.
(12-02-2013, 07:14 PM)MustardTiger Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, Windows 7. Do you think I should test out playing with a USB cable(the one I have is quite short, so I haven't played at all with it) to try and rule out issues with the DS4? I've only really heard of one other person(on NeoGaf forums) having similar issues to me. Would suck big time if I just got a defective controller.

PCGamer reported that they also had issues using Windows 7, maybe the driver included with it isn't very compatible with DS4. I personally use Win 8.1 and have no issues. Just to rule out my tool, you can check for inputs in Game Controller properties, so do not run my tool and then try using controller. Also, cable/bt communication is different so if it works through cable it doesn't mean that you don't have issues with DS4.

(12-02-2013, 07:19 PM)Grimnir Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any plans to stop the program from crashing/have it run in the background when a controller is disconnected?
At times my controller gets unplugged and I have to stop what I'm playing and have to start the program back up.

Yeah, i will try to minimize any crashes in upcoming updates. One thing that is bad it's that Windows doesn't update state of BT controller to disconnected if you hold PS button and shut it down. For USB disconnects i should be able to make it detect disconnects in the next version.
(12-02-2013, 07:21 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]PCGamer reported that they also had issues using Windows 7, maybe the driver included with it isn't very compatible with DS4. I personally use Win 8.1 and have no issues. Just to rule out my tool, you can check for inputs in Game Controller properties, so do not run my tool and then try using controller. Also, cable/bt communication is different so if it works through cable it doesn't mean that you don't have issues with DS4.

Thanks for the help InhexSTER, I will give that a shot later and report back. I may have a system to install Windows 8.1 on to test, but would rather hold off doing it on my main computer.