..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-04-2014, 12:15 AM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]1- already in todo list. Not a priority at the moment, i want to complete all the code first

2- magnetic border: hadn't thought about that, i will investigate in the future.

2 bis- systray already planned, probably i will do it after the translation manager will be completed.

Glad you like it Laugh

And maybe change name of LED for "Light Bar" because it's the official name of DS4 Led.

http://us.playstation.com/ps4/features/t...-dualshock

Thanks Wink
Just registered cause wanted to let you know you're doing heros work here. (And got few questions Laugh )
I don't have PS4 yet I want to play PS2 games with Dualshock 4, how is the current compatibility with PCSX2?
What kind of bluetooth dongles do you recommend, which one do you use yourself?
Also, when using the controller is there a way to turn it off after turning it on? Does it turn off if you press Sony button for long time or something? I remember Dualshock 3 doesn't do that as you have to turn it off manually on PS3 or shut down the console and it turns off too.
Thanks and keep up the great work!
Hi there!. Love the tool.
However thusfar. Only USB works. Which is very irritating as my usb cord is only 1m long. I have a Bluetooth 2.1 +edr dongle. Running windows 7 64bit.
Clicking devices and printers then add a device and having the ds4 in discovery and still nothing. But if i use the bluetooth software that came with my dongle [BlueManagerSuite] it finds the controller straight away as a Wireless controller. And connects. The controller stays connected and is displayed as a HID-compliant game controller in devices and printers. When clicking on it its title is Bluetooth HID Host Device. I can play around with all the buttons and axis. So its deffinately connected and working via bluetooth. I install the scp drivers. And run scpserver. and sadly it doesnt show. Tried several different tactics.

First removed all traces of the software that came with my dongle. Aswel as all traces of ds4tool. Tried again with just plugging my dongle in. letting windows install default drivers. I click add device. It says searching make sure your devices are in discovery or whatever. But still wont find the controller..

I reinstalled BluetoothManagerSuite and again it found and connected to the ds4 easily. Ran the ds4tool again but again it didnt find it. .. If i have the DS4 bluetoothed to the dongles software. and have the Ds4 plugged in via usb. Ds4tool sees the controller and works fine infact brilliantly. Bar the fact it says next to it [usb] instead of bluetooth. and unplugging the usb the program freezes. i restart it and yeah without usb it just will not show up in ds4tool ... I wish i knew why as because of where my PC is having it plugged in via usb would make it more than impossible to even see the screen while holding the ds4 haha..

all help will be greatly greatly appreciated =D

Good work and keep it up Laugh
Oh, I just realized why we should still send the output report periodically even if nothing "changes": if we fail to transmit the output report packet, won't it simply never arrive, as long as we're not sending an output report every time? I wonder if there's a counter in the HID data that increments when the DS4 receives a new output report packet...
Hey Dude,
Thanks Dude, but we need BT Dude
If you want us to guaranteed support your Bluetooth adapters, you need to send us one IRL for us to test with. My requests for hardware donations are falling on deaf ears... Guess you guys really don't want your particular hardware supported all that intently.

(02-04-2014, 01:17 AM)munapersepillu Wrote: [ -> ]Just registered cause wanted to let you know you're doing heros work here. (And got few questions Laugh )
I don't have PS4 yet I want to play PS2 games with Dualshock 4, how is the current compatibility with PCSX2?
What kind of bluetooth dongles do you recommend, which one do you use yourself?
Also, when using the controller is there a way to turn it off after turning it on? Does it turn off if you press Sony button for long time or something? I remember Dualshock 3 doesn't do that as you have to turn it off manually on PS3 or shut down the console and it turns off too.
Thanks and keep up the great work!
Works fine with PCSX2, once I set up all the binds manually.

Anything 2.1+EDR or later should work, but I use a 2.0 one which works fine, too. Look for Broadcom chipset if you want the greatest compatibility. Currently people are having trouble sometimes with Toshiba ones. Search the thread and you will find adapter recommendations.
Holding the PS button turns it off, yes, this is a feature of the DS4 itself and not DS4 Tool.
First of all, thanks! I'm so glad to be rid of the damn 360 controller. The DS4 is so much more comfortable.

Got a problem though:
I'm using it via USB and the 1.1 final version of the software. With Hide DS4 enabled, touchpad disabled.
I'm trying to play dark souls with it and everything works apart from R2.
When I exit a menu it triggers the R2 move and the R2 button itself doesn't do anything.
No MotionInJoy installed, just this and the Xbox 360 Controller Accessories thing from the MS website.

Seeing as the R2 button is the heavy attack, it is somewhat necessary.

Brilliant work with the touchpad, I was surprised how precise it is! Looking forward to next version.
Been playing some more Dark Souls and noticed the R2 move is also triggered after certain animations (back-stab, if you're familiar with the game).
Also I don't know what happened, but somehow the R1 got completely disabled as well. I was holding L1 to block and then O to roll away and after that, the R1 was completely dead like the R2.

Its weird because every other button works great, including the sticks and even the PS button brings up the GFWL menu like the 360 button did. PS button also triggers Steam's weird mode aswell when on desktop.
(02-04-2014, 04:03 PM)Zezti Wrote: [ -> ]Been playing some more Dark Souls and noticed the R2 move is also triggered after certain animations (back-stab, if you're familiar with the game).
Also I don't know what happened, but somehow the R1 got completely disabled as well. I was holding L1 to block and then O to roll away and after that, the R1 was completely dead like the R2.

Its weird because every other button works great, including the sticks and even the PS button brings up the GFWL menu like the 360 button did. PS button also triggers Steam's weird mode aswell when on desktop.

Use the "USB Game Controllers" control panel or the Xinput test tool and see what the controller is doing... I'll bet your controller needs to be returned to Sony for repair.
(02-04-2014, 04:18 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Use the "USB Game Controllers" control panel or the Xinput test tool and see what the controller is doing... I'll bet your controller needs to be returned to Sony for repair.

I have used it with the PS4 since the release date - no problems at all on there.

Checked it using the Game Controllers properties panel.
10 buttons detected, XO[]triangle L1 R1 share options L3 R3
in that order, they all worked fine.
Sticks and D-pad fine too.
The L2/R2 triggers instead of showing up as buttons, showed a change in Z-axis. L2 increased the bar to the right, R2 decreased it to the left.
I suppose that makes sense because those are sensitive to how much they're depressed (for acceleration in racing games, e.g).
So controller itself seems fine. Works fine with the PS4 as well.

I have a spare, 2 controllers came with my PS4 bundle. I'll try the other one in a sec.

EDIT:
Just tried the game without your program running and found the same thing happened (amongst other unplayable things which occur without it running), the R2 got triggered when leaving a menu.
Never happened with the 360 controller and the game itself is running fine. So its definitely either the how the game sees the controller or something the mapping missed, I think. I don't really know what I'm talking about here Tongue

And just tried with my other controller, no problems. R2 works normally and not activating upon exiting menus. I don't know why or whats different. No problems with either before this.

Anyway problem solved I guess.