..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-06-2014, 03:18 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]4.0 version of this dongle works very well for me.
At this moment dongle should support working with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack to be able to work with DS4Tool

Make sure you have latest X360 drivers

@Zezti Yes you have to repair with PS4

Where would I get those? I've tried so many downloads of 360 controller drivers.
Downloaded v1.2 last night when I bought my DS4 controller. Overall, it works great via USB. Love all of the options to adjust sensitivity and color. I'm really looking forward to new version to see what else you come up with!

One thing that I would like to see in future releases, if possible (and this may have been brought up already), would be an option to disable tap to click on the touchpad. I would rather be forced to actually click the touchpad in order to perform a click in Windows, if you get what I'm saying. I kept getting accidental tap clicks when just trying to navigate the mouse around. In a game I figure this won't be used much, but just navigating around a web browser proved to be difficult because of this. I'm running Windows 8.1 on a desktop, for what that's worth.

Thanks, keep up the great work!
Yeah I definitely have to second that need for an option regarding the tap to click. It's a little too sensitive and makes moving the mouse around difficult without accidentally clicking things. I really like the fine control with L1/R1 left/right clicking.

Also a question about the touchpad itself. I see if you click it in the right corner, it acts as a right click. How does this work mechanically? Is there a distinction like under the pad for different "buttons" clicking? Or is it all one big button and you intelligently used capacitive touch location while clicking to calculate it's a right corner click?
If Darkl3ad3r seconds his opinion about tap to click, then I... third...it? But, yeah, definitely allow the ability to turn it off and just use push to click.

My next thing, definitely a big thing though, that I really want is some kind of a built-in keyboard mapping feature for certain games, but with Xinput calls overriding it so there's no double input. I think this is already planned, but I haven't gone all the way back through the thread and checked.
I'm working on a version which already has the 'disable tap to click' option (lets you set sensitivity of touch, tap and scroll independently) where setting it to 0 shows as 'Off'. Have also just gotten color chooser able to set the controller color as you change it in the dialog - since there's also the option to set your low light color its taking a bit more testing to get it fit for use Smile

Edit: by low light color I mean the color the lightbar would be at almost 0% battery, instead of from green to red it can be white to black for example.
Greetings,

I have been experiencing an issue where (while plugged through USB) I get random disconnects and then the game is stuck with the last input when the disconnect happen.

I know that some experienced this problem and while looking and searching around, I was not able to find a solution (sorry if I missed a post regarding this but this thread is several pages long).

I am currently using version 1.2 (latest release).

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro

My Xbox 360 controller drivers are up to date.

I made sure it was not the USB port while trying another one, even changing the USB HUB.

When the disconnect occurs, I need to close and open the software (version 1.2) for it work. I also noticed that when using start and stop two or three times, the controller starts to work again.

The software is really nice, only this bug is currently driving me crazy.

I am using it for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn only at the moment, and it is always funny to see the controller disconnect while you were moving and falling down the Titan's (Extreme Mode) platform since it get stuck with the last input (I am playing the tank).

If there is any way to fix this USB disconnect problem, please let me know, from my observations, it seems that the LED on the controller triggers the battery low event when that happens, even if it's always plugged in. I could be wrong though.

This is the only problem I got with the DS4, fixing that would make it golden for me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help.
If my ds4 doesn't Pair can be due to the bt dongle? I've this One http://www.amazon.it/Inateck-Bluetooth-s...=Bt+dongle and can't pair my ds4.

It works perfectly With a Ds3
hello,

I'm having a problem using my WiFi connection while using DS4 Tool on BT connection.. the download speed goes down from about 1700 KB/s to 20 KB/s or less.
The moment I close DS4 Tool the speed is back to normal again.
On USB everything is OK.

Connection type: BT
Windows Version : Windows 7 64 bit
DS4 Tool Version : 1.2
Shared mode

Thank you very much for your support..
(02-06-2014, 04:07 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I definitely have to second that need for an option regarding the tap to click. It's a little too sensitive and makes moving the mouse around difficult without accidentally clicking things. I really like the fine control with L1/R1 left/right clicking.

Also a question about the touchpad itself. I see if you click it in the right corner, it acts as a right click. How does this work mechanically? Is there a distinction like under the pad for different "buttons" clicking? Or is it all one big button and you intelligently used capacitive touch location while clicking to calculate it's a right corner click?

Don't worry, I will be making fine-tuning to these things for 1.3.

(02-06-2014, 04:59 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I'm working on a version which already has the 'disable tap to click' option (lets you set sensitivity of touch, tap and scroll independently) where setting it to 0 shows as 'Off'. Have also just gotten color chooser able to set the controller color as you change it in the dialog - since there's also the option to set your low light color its taking a bit more testing to get it fit for use Smile

Edit: by low light color I mean the color the lightbar would be at almost 0% battery, instead of from green to red it can be white to black for example.

Please don't put too much work into this. Windows is going to handle the mouse clicking and tapping and dragging and zooming and everything soon, we'll just expose a native virtual touchpad device. For what would be useful in the time being:
* tap detection requires a "maximum tap duration" setting
* tap detection also requires a "maximum distance before a tap is interpreted as a slide" detection
* there is an interaction between tap detection and double-tap detection, double-slide detection, etc. (this is all super-complicated and we should let Windows handle it as much as possible)
(02-06-2014, 05:12 PM)Dyr Fenrir Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

I have been experiencing an issue where (while plugged through USB) I get random disconnects and then the game is stuck with the last input when the disconnect happen.

I know that some experienced this problem and while looking and searching around, I was not able to find a solution (sorry if I missed a post regarding this but this thread is several pages long).

I am currently using version 1.2 (latest release).

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro

My Xbox 360 controller drivers are up to date.

I made sure it was not the USB port while trying another one, even changing the USB HUB.

When the disconnect occurs, I need to close and open the software (version 1.2) for it work. I also noticed that when using start and stop two or three times, the controller starts to work again.

The software is really nice, only this bug is currently driving me crazy.

I am using it for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn only at the moment, and it is always funny to see the controller disconnect while you were moving and falling down the Titan's (Extreme Mode) platform since it get stuck with the last input (I am playing the tank).

If there is any way to fix this USB disconnect problem, please let me know, from my observations, it seems that the LED on the controller triggers the battery low event when that happens, even if it's always plugged in. I could be wrong though.

This is the only problem I got with the DS4, fixing that would make it golden for me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help.

Why are you using USB? The only "official" support the controller has is Bluetooth. There may be controller firmware bugs preventing USB from working properly, but I don't know. You didn't really post much information to go on with attempting to reproduce the problem...