..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Dyr Fenrir
Using UBS never seen a programmatic disconnect (i leve the tool running for 8-10 hrs sometimes connected through USB). Are you talking about a physical one? accidentally pulling cable out? Then the answer is we are looking at hot plug support but so far looks like proper one might be only in 2.0

To Toshiba stack users. So far I found that the report sent by controller is different and only includes inputs (no info on battery, touchpad, etc)
So it might be an issue with Toshiba stack/drivers as it returns different report. As alternative Scarlet.Crush has custom driver, its not MS or Toshiba it's using low level Win_Usb API that's why it works for all dongles.

On MS Stack report sent is with ID 0x11 (17)
On Toshiba it's ID 0x1 (1)

I will be investigating further. But so far i can't retrieve correct input report on Toshiba stack.

Also I mentioned previously that DS4 has Qualcom Atheros chipset. Same ones used in both ASUS 2.1 and 4.0 dongles. I also have Qualcom chipset built in on my motherboard. All of them work very well.
(02-06-2014, 07:18 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Please don't put too much work into this. Windows is going to handle the mouse clicking and tapping and dragging and zooming and everything soon, we'll just expose a native virtual touchpad device. For what would be useful in the time being:
* tap detection requires a "maximum tap duration" setting
* tap detection also requires a "maximum distance before a tap is interpreted as a slide" detection
* there is an interaction between tap detection and double-tap detection, double-slide detection, etc. (this is all super-complicated and we should let Windows handle it as much as possible)

I'm surprised the Windows ones actually handle zooming/dragging etc. (anything more than tap to click really). Would have thought its about as much support as a laptop without the touchpad driver installed. I'm in any case enjoying it and too 'here and now' to wait, but will keep its potential uselessness in mind Smile
@InhexSTER:
@electrobrains:

Are you aware that introducing a virtual mouse/touchpad/keyboard driver, which allows bypassing of UAC / Ctrl+Alt+Del physical device presence via software, would severely compromise security?

--

IntPtr pDevicePathName = new IntPtr(IntPtr.Size == 4 ? detailDataBuffer.ToInt32() + 4: detailDataBuffer.ToInt64() + 4);

can be replaced with -

IntPtr pDevicePathName = detailDataBuffer + 4;
(02-06-2014, 05:12 PM)Dyr Fenrir Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

I have been experiencing an issue where (while plugged through USB) I get random disconnects and then the game is stuck with the last input when the disconnect happen.

I know that some experienced this problem and while looking and searching around, I was not able to find a solution (sorry if I missed a post regarding this but this thread is several pages long).

I am currently using version 1.2 (latest release).

I am using Windows 8.1 Pro

My Xbox 360 controller drivers are up to date.

I made sure it was not the USB port while trying another one, even changing the USB HUB.

When the disconnect occurs, I need to close and open the software (version 1.2) for it work. I also noticed that when using start and stop two or three times, the controller starts to work again.

The software is really nice, only this bug is currently driving me crazy.

I am using it for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn only at the moment, and it is always funny to see the controller disconnect while you were moving and falling down the Titan's (Extreme Mode) platform since it get stuck with the last input (I am playing the tank).

If there is any way to fix this USB disconnect problem, please let me know, from my observations, it seems that the LED on the controller triggers the battery low event when that happens, even if it's always plugged in. I could be wrong though.

This is the only problem I got with the DS4, fixing that would make it golden for me.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and help.

Where'd you get the Xbox 360 drivers?
Hi there,

Have added the settings for the previously mentioned values which I felt were 'nice to haves' on the settings page.

[Image: 14m8knn.png]

While I still believe I should test it more, changing color (by clicking the square above Full or Low, which opens a color picker) now is set on the controller in real time. You can effectively click and move the cursor around the 'colorwheel' (not a wheel) and the controller will use those values. These will be as is while the color picker is open, but after you cancel or select okay any modifications to the color (i.e. use LED as Battery Indicator) will take effect again.

I have not yet implemented the Real-time Changes checkbox (I'm wonder if it should not just be default behaviour) so Set will still need to be clicked to check other settings. I did squeeze in a logging window alternative if you resize the window as small as it goes (shown in image). The application now remembers the last window size since last close.

I've uploaded the new version, if any one wants to take a look. The differences between it and InhexSTER's are not massive.
(02-06-2014, 09:43 PM)Coffee Ray Gun Wrote: [ -> ]Where'd you get the Xbox 360 drivers?
i got them from a youtube video for the ds3 xinput wrap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSaOJJIun8

After installing them i tried to reinstall to make sure it stuck. the pc advises me i already have the drivers installed.

i can of course delete those and get another set. if you have a better set of drivers please let me know where to find them.

i could go to gamestop and buy a wired xboxn360 to plug it in but the usb port for the dvp8 seems to restrict alot of incoming info for some reason.
(02-06-2014, 09:50 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]MS Drivers.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/...ws#support

Thanks for the link for the drivers-- but, I'm running windows 8.1 (32) on the Dell Venue Pro 8.

The OS list only goes up to W7.

Should I just download the W7 32 bit?

Do you know if your Scp can connect the DS4 to the Dell Venue Pro 8? There is a pretty cool gaming community coming aboard to this baytrail tab, if you made a video you'd get even more love... perhaps jewels, furs and other fine things.
Win 8 comes with MS X360 drivers. The question is it running stripped down windows version?
Also need more details on whats going on with the tool
(02-06-2014, 10:48 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Win 8 comes with MS X360 drivers. The question is it running stripped down windows version?
Also need more details on whats going on with the tool

it don't believe the venue pro comes with the drivers but it is a full W 8.1. can i download the W7 32 bit or would you advise against it?

Ill send the scp info after work today... it recognizes a wireless controller. as per another form member ill delete the xinput1_3.

again, im connecting dongless via bluetooth; everything appears to work fine except the controller doesnt get recognized as a xbox 360 controller.

when i connect i make the ds4 discoverable, turn on bluetooth and pair it. i run your ds4 1.2 SCP and it reports the wireless controller as recognized.

i then check printers and devices and only wireless controller shows up and i try to use Project 64 and it knows i have a wireless controller but will not allow a configuration.

thanks for getting back to me. what details would you like? the box to hide DS4 is not checked.