..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-07-2014, 10:41 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Can you prove to me you can do UAC with DS4 Mapper without something like vmulti and without something like the far-more-heavy-handed uiAccess="true" setting? I don't see what is with the aversion to using a module EXACTLY like ScpVbus, to handle the normal HID side of things.

The biggest issue is that it's unsigned driver, with all things that come out of it. To install it you have to disable signature checking in your windows which is hassle for generic user
I can't check right now but i also believe that if run in admin mode SendInput works with UAC
(02-07-2014, 10:46 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest issue is that it's unsigned driver, with all things that come out of it. To install it you have to disable signature checking in your windows which is hassle for generic user
I can't check right now but i also believe that if run in admin mode SendInput works with UAC

No, it doesn't. Even trying as SYSTEM, it does not work. It may work disabling UIUP but that's just as bad an idea as running as SYSTEM.
(02-07-2014, 11:41 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]No, it doesn't. Even trying as SYSTEM, it does not work. It may work disabling UIUP but that's just as bad an idea as running as SYSTEM.

Anyways in cases where person has a password it still be useless would have to use real keyboard anyways to type the password in. Also i think if it was run as service it would bypass uac
(02-07-2014, 11:44 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways in cases where person has a password it still be useless would have to use real keyboard anyways to type the password in. Also i think if it was run as service it would bypass uac

No, there's an on-screen keyboard built-in as part of Windows' accessibility features. You can also use a PIN with a pad versus a full password. How do we make it run as a service? I can try that, but the only thing that's special about a service running AFAIK is that it runs as SYSTEM, so I would still once again expect it to fail.

Besides, the common case is that people do NOT configure UAC to prompt for passwords each time.
(02-07-2014, 11:48 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]No, there's an on-screen keyboard built-in as part of Windows' accessibility features. You can also use a PIN with a pad versus a full password. How do we make it run as a service? I can try that, but the only thing that's special about a service running AFAIK is that it runs as SYSTEM, so I would still once again expect it to fail.

Besides, the common case is that people do NOT configure UAC to prompt for passwords each time.

In 2.0 we will build 2 exe versions service and GUI. Also that's why ScpMonitor exists, it talks to service and servers as config utility
(02-08-2014, 12:32 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]In 2.0 we will build 2 exe versions service and GUI. Also that's why ScpMonitor exists, it talks to service and servers as config utility

When you and I talked, every time you indicated you want them to communicate XML configuration files, not a network protocol.... Neither is really any better or worse.
(02-08-2014, 12:36 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]When you and I talked, every time you indicated you want them to communicate XML configuration files, not a network protocol.... Neither is really any better or worse.

When run as a service we need to know the status (controllers connected, info about controllers, etc) its better to use local socket connection for that. There is a difference between GUI for configuration (Full blown app that you run periodically) and small tray status app for service status that can be always on and take little resources
(02-08-2014, 12:40 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]When run as a service we need to know the status (controllers connected, info about controllers, etc) its better to use local socket connection for that. There is a difference between GUI for configuration (Full blown app that you run periodically) and small tray status app for service status that can be always on and take little resources

Now I understand, I like that just fine. We output telemetry to status application over a socket, only going one direction, and take in configuration via XML.
Playing Dark Souls PC:

With "Hide DS4 Controller" unchecked I only get the Guide button to work (Brings up the GFWL menu).

With "Hide DS4 Controller" checked I get the dpad to work and the buttons work but the are weirdly mapped: square is correct, Triangle and X are swapped, O is correct. R1/R2/L1/L2 are correct. movement using L-Stick is correct, but the camera is stuck rotating clockwise.

Any thoughts?
(02-08-2014, 03:34 AM)MyxeQ Wrote: [ -> ]Playing Dark Souls PC:

With "Hide DS4 Controller" unchecked I only get the Guide button to work (Brings up the GFWL menu).

With "Hide DS4 Controller" checked I get the dpad to work and the buttons work but the are weirdly mapped: square is correct, Triangle and X are swapped, O is correct. R1/R2/L1/L2 are correct. movement using L-Stick is correct, but the camera is stuck rotating clockwise.

Any thoughts?
Post the details of the Bluetooth adapter, its drivers, and the version of Windows you are using, please.