..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-13-2014, 12:14 AM)Gajuno Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I did the uninstall of the Bluetooth and let Windows reboot and update. But I'm still having the same issue. Should I resort to purchasing an up to date Bluetooth Dongle?

Got me, don't know. See if someone with your OS (Win 7 64?) will post which dongle/chip is working for them and you could try grabbing that. Maybe double-check all the obvious steps to make sure you aren't missing anything.
Hi.

Today i have buy asus bt 2.1 mini for playing in bluetooth installing the asus driver and pair the controller it seems to lost pairing after 5/10second i try with windows drivers same result i have read for cirago but dont know which driver use. Some tips ? Wink thanks

Windows 7sp1 64bit
Bt
Hello,

I searched for a while but couldn't find what I need help with. I followed all of the directions up until I got to the point where I have to click on "scpserver" and nothing happens. I tried several different versions of the download (1.1 beta1 / 1.1 beta 2 / 1.2 etc) and nothing seems to work. I opened task manager to see if scpserver was attempting to launch, and it does, but then disappears from services tab under task manager. The program itself never opens. I am running Win7 64bit. Any help would be great. I have seen throughout the forum where ppl have stated that "it doesn't work for me" or "program won't launch" but I don't see solutions to the issue. TIA for your time...

***Edit could the scpserver app be conflicting with something else I may have running on my PC? Anyone have any ideas?
New version looks great heptic. One request: can you make an option so that a button can be paired to both an xinput call and a keyboard key, but the xinput call takes priority so that we don't get double inputs?

Also, I can see that it now senses the motion from the sixaxis, but I was wondering if anybody knew exactly how to try that out. I don't know of many PC games that use that technology.
Hey all,

I was wondering two things:

1) Is it possible to have two DS4s connected to the same computer using Bluetooth? If so, how?

2) I have a PS4 now, and how can I make my DS4 connect wireless to my PC first, and not the PS4?
@Hectic

I love what you've done with your branch. The only problem ("problem?") I see is that the Hotkeys instruct you to push the TOP-right of the pad to right-click, when I find that it's actually the BOTTOM-right, i.e., the corner near the right stick, that activates a right click.
(02-13-2014, 07:43 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]@Hectic

I love what you've done with your branch. The only problem ("problem?") I see is that the Hotkeys instruct you to push the TOP-right of the pad to right-click, when I find that it's actually the BOTTOM-right, i.e., the corner near the right stick, that activates a right click.

Goodness, yes that'd be my bad. It should just read 'right' as it did before I modified it, assuming it to be the top right from something else I'd read. Have added it to my to do list, thanks.
(02-13-2014, 04:58 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]New version looks great heptic. One request: can you make an option so that a button can be paired to both an xinput call and a keyboard key, but the xinput call takes priority so that we don't get double inputs?

Also, I can see that it now senses the motion from the sixaxis, but I was wondering if anybody knew exactly how to try that out. I don't know of many PC games that use that technology.

Currently it explicitly overrides the XInput, but it is 'possible' to just do both. The issue would be how to know when XInput isn't doing anything helpful. There isn't any feedback I know of that would indicate that the XInput isn't doing anything for the user.

I think what might make more sense is a profile-sort of utility which says 'in windows desktop etc do this', 'but in this game use this mapping'. I have seen process detection done before (I worked with Danny Hasley on the Cyborg Auto Profiler for a time) so it is doable, but I would like to get everything else working nicely first.

Edit: This could also provide LED color per application as requested a few pages back.
(02-13-2014, 01:45 AM)arckosfr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

Today i have buy asus bt 2.1 mini for playing in bluetooth installing the asus driver and pair the controller it seems to lost pairing after 5/10second i try with windows drivers same result i have read for cirago but dont know which driver use. Some tips ? Wink thanks

Windows 7sp1 64bit
Bt

i have tested cirago 3210 and 6210 the both don't want to install cause don't reconyze my asus bt dongle
(02-12-2014, 10:32 AM)Catfish999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi InhexSter. Thanks for the tool! worked great for a while with Dark souls, but I started having issues when I updated to 1.2
Wired USB
Windows 7 Home
DS4 tool 1.1 Beta 2 Update 1, DS4Tool 1.2
Hide DS4 box unchecked

I've only ever been able to get Version 1.1 Beta 2 update 1 to work with Dark souls. Any version afterword can be downloaded, and will work with other games, but will not respond for Dark souls. I Downloaded version 1.2, ran it, but it did not work. Having the “hide DS4 Controller” box did not seem to affect much. The camera would spin endlessly, and all of the buttons and stick had been rearranged (x is now back, O is now A, etc.) The real problem is that now when I run the older version (beta 2 update 1) the controller is no longer recognized. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and updating the Xbox controller driver, but nothing worked.
Is Dark souls super picky or am I missing something?
Thanks

When I initially installed this program (1.2) I did not encounter this issue, my Dark souls was receiving no dual input at all, even the controller was still being recognised, despite selecting the 'hide DS4 controller'. It wasn't until I installed the driver for my Dualshock 3 did I start possessing the issues you have brought to life.

I have managed to fix it however, or at the very least, it is how I managed to overcome my adversity.

Disclaimer: This is how I managed to fix it on my computer, your computer may be different, as a result I'm refusing to take any responsibility for what you do with your computer.

First thing, you need to connect your Dualshock 3 to your PC (preferably with a wire) it has to be connected because you are only presented with the option to uninstall it when it is connected.

Secondly (this only covers Win 7), click on the start button > Control panel > Hardware and sound > Device manager

Click on 'Human interface devices'. Now uninstall all 'USB input devices'. Don't worry, we're going to be re-installing the program and the DS4, but first we need to get rid of the DS3 driver.

Once uninstalled disconnect the DS3 from your computer, you won't be needing it again.

Now run the SCPdriver again, and uninstall it. Then proceed to install it again. With the driver installed run the SCP server and connect your controller.

Wait for the drivers to install, the program should have recognised your DS4 controller, but if it hasn't, click on 'stop' and 'start' it again.

It should work, but to see if it has worked, tick 'Hide DS4 controller' and see if the controller is still recognised on the program.

However it seems to me, that the developer's intention was for the 'hide DS4' option was so that the program was meant to not recognise the controller at all. So I assume it is working as intended.

But, I implore the developer to add an option which hides the DS4 and makes the PC recognise it only as a X360 controller.

Because at the moment, my PC recognises it as a wired controller and a 360 controller, this is what causes the dual-input problem in Dark souls.

But when I decided to hide my controller (before I made my fix) Dark souls would only recognise it as a controller without xinput.

Overall this is a fantastic piece of software, it merely requires the odd-improvement so that I can put away my 360 pad for good.

Edit: After completing DS and quitting the SCP app, when I decided to return, the controller was no longer recognised in hidden form, meaning I'm back to trying to fix it.
Seems like it was merely a temporary fix.

Edit 2: Got it working again, and this time I've presented an image:

[img][Image: How_it_should_look.jpg]

Notice how the controller is recognised despite being hidden? I think in it's current form it is a good mistake (if my assumptions about the developers intentions are right) but it needs to be an actual option. Because typically hiding the controller will result in the DS4 not being recognised.

Here's how I got it working again:

With the dualshock 4 connected and the program running, I uninstalled everything, this time, after uninstalling one specific USB port the computer told me, I would have to restart the computer. After my restart, I went to SCPdriver and uninstalled it, only to reinstall it again.

Then I connected the DS4 and waited for it to install its drivers.

And it worked, as the image shows. As I have said previously, you'll know if it hasn't worked because you will not see 'controller 1' when the hide box is ticked.