..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody!
So I've used both 1.1 final and 1.2 with my DS4 plugged into USB and it's worked great. I just got a bluetooth USB adapter earlier this week, and I've connected the DS4 to my computer (I've played games using the DS4 mappings), but the tools aren't correctly mapping the controller to Xinput. It's strange because the actual program recognizes it, can tell that it's connected to bluetooth, and says that it's mapping input, but it's not working. Can't figure out why. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit (saw some people have been having trouble as well). I'm using this bluetooth dongle with a Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver.
(02-14-2014, 01:27 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Happy Valentine's Day!

Hot Plug functionality added Smile You can unplug or plugin controllers while the application is running.

Enjoy testing?

Hot Plug works great and keyboard remapping seems improved. Not working in Skyrim, though: no longer spams screenshot function and works in the Steam overlay web browser, but not in game where regular keyboard presses work fine.

Also can't close the options window on DS4 Tool for some reason.
(02-14-2014, 01:27 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Happy Valentine's Day!

Hot Plug functionality added Smile You can unplug or plugin controllers while the application is running.

Enjoy testing?

Is it possible then to have the program start at boot and have the controller connect by turning it on without having to interact with the app then? I'm waiting for this type of functionality before I pick up a DS4 as I plan to use it as a media centre remote
Hi everyone. First thing first, awesome wrapper. Use it for all of my games.
Now, the problem.

When I try to use the controller via Bluetooth, any game I try only runs at half FPS (which is usually 30). While using it with USB makes everything run at 60. Anyone have any solutions?

Connection type: BT
Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
DS4 Tool Version: 1.2 Final
Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled) No
(02-14-2014, 02:44 AM)ttay24 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit (saw some people have been having trouble as well). I'm using this bluetooth dongle with a Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver.
Last thing I remember seeing in this thread about Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver was that it didn't work properly for this (unless someone fixed that recently and I didn't notice)

Out of curiosity why did you use that driver anyway? I use that same adapter and it just worked without needing to go install an extra driver.
(02-14-2014, 07:09 AM)BravoGangUS Wrote: [ -> ]Last thing I remember seeing in this thread about Toshiba Bluetooth Stack driver was that it didn't work properly for this (unless someone fixed that recently and I didn't notice)

Out of curiosity why did you use that driver anyway? I use that same adapter and it just worked without needing to go install an extra driver.
I specifically installed it so that I could connect a Wiimote with "motionplus" built into the remote. It was recommended to use that driver because the other ones didn't work. I use the Wiimote to play Wii games on the Dolphin emulator. I use the DS4 for everything else (Steam, PS2 emu, etc.)

How plausible is it/is it possible to run two stacks, the windows stack and toshiba stack?
(02-14-2014, 04:59 AM)holydhaliwal Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible then to have the program start at boot and have the controller connect by turning it on without having to interact with the app then? I'm waiting for this type of functionality before I pick up a DS4 as I plan to use it as a media centre remote

THIS right here. i know scarlets program does this by having it run as a service. right now i can wake my pc from sleep and have the ds4 connect by pressing the ps button. it works flawlessly, but i like the features of this program.
(02-14-2014, 04:59 AM)holydhaliwal Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible then to have the program start at boot and have the controller connect by turning it on without having to interact with the app then? I'm waiting for this type of functionality before I pick up a DS4 as I plan to use it as a media centre remote
(02-14-2014, 09:39 AM)eats7 Wrote: [ -> ]THIS right here. i know scarlets program does this by having it run as a service. right now i can wake my pc from sleep and have the ds4 connect by pressing the ps button. it works flawlessly, but i like the features of this program.

Hi there,

We could add this as a check box in future, but you can achieve this now already. Type this in your explorer bar:
%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can then create a shortcut to the ScpServer.exe in that folder and Windows will run it at start up.

According to this, using the Startup folder is the preferred method. We would simply place it there through the program in future.
(02-14-2014, 03:13 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Hot Plug works great and keyboard remapping seems improved. Not working in Skyrim, though: no longer spams screenshot function and works in the Steam overlay web browser, but not in game where regular keyboard presses work fine.

Also can't close the options window on DS4 Tool for some reason.

Could you be more specific about how the key presses do not work in Skyrim? There are many aspects which could be the issue; for one the key press might be too fast, or it might not accept key presses from virtual keyboards at all. Does it never work, or is the issue with holding keys in rather than just pressing them once?

The Options window used to not close in a previous version (due to waiting for a thread to finish after the thread had already finished). Personally it hasn't happened on my side since then (it checks if its already finished). Does it never close?
(02-14-2014, 11:49 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

We could add this as a check box in future, but you can achieve this now already. Type this in your explorer bar:
%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can then create a shortcut to the ScpServer.exe in that folder and Windows will run it at start up.

According to this, using the Startup folder is the preferred method. We would simply place it there through the program in future.

Ah yes, I'm aware of how to run the program at startup. What I'm wondering though, is if when the program starts you need to click anything to get things going with the DS4...or is simply having the program running enough to turn on the DS4 and have it connect, in which case I guess this would work fine. However adding the option to have the program start in the system tray would be the best if possible. That way for the user it can be as such: Boot computer, program runs automatically in the background, turn on DS4 and it connects. All without having to interface with the app itself. Possible? Thanks!