..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-14-2014, 05:17 PM)holydhaliwal Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, I'm aware of how to run the program at startup. What I'm wondering though, is if when the program starts you need to click anything to get things going with the DS4...or is simply having the program running enough to turn on the DS4 and have it connect, in which case I guess this would work fine. However adding the option to have the program start in the system tray would be the best if possible. That way for the user it can be as such: Boot computer, program runs automatically in the background, turn on DS4 and it connects. All without having to interface with the app itself. Possible? Thanks!

With the recent 'hot plugging' added to my latest custom branch there isn't any need to interact with the application after it starts. And just enable the Start Minimized check box to start in the system tray.

With the shortcut in Startup it would then turn on (and enable) any already plugged in controllers at boot, and any newly plugged in ones will automatically get enabled as well.

I have not yet tried this with Bluetooth, but in theory it should also work after connecting.
Edit: Bluetooth can hot plug, but the unplug is not detected - if you turn off the BT DS4, then turn it on again, you will need to Stop and Start the server like previously for it to enable.
(02-14-2014, 05:33 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]With the recent 'hot plugging' added to my latest custom branch there isn't any need to interact with the application after it starts. And just enable the Start Minimized check box to start in the system tray.

With the shortcut in Startup it would then turn on (and enable) any already plugged in controllers at boot, and any newly plugged in ones will automatically get enabled as well.

I have not yet tried this with Bluetooth, but in theory it should also work after connecting.
Edit: Bluetooth can hot plug, but the unplug is not detected - if you turn off the BT DS4, then turn it on again, you will need to Stop and Start the server like previously for it to enable.

yeah the thing i like about having it run as a service is there is no gui at all, no program in the tray. If you need to configure, there is an exe(scpmonitor) that connects to the service so you can change options, but it doesnt need to run in your tray for the ds4 to connect.
Dark Souls fix Synopsis:

After skulking around this thread for months and having trite success with getting the DS4 to behave with Dark Souls I have gotten it working and am sharing my process and thanks to those who debugged before me.

- Make sure your DS3 drivers are uninstalled by plugging in your DS3, going to "Device Manager", click on "Human interface devices". Now uninstall all 'USB input devices'.
(Not needed if you never used a DS3 on your system before)
- Make sure "xinput*.dll" is not present in your Dark Souls game folder
(Only necessary if you had X360ce on your system before)
- Uninstall DS4Tool via the "ScpDriver.exe"

- To be safe I uninstalled the DS4 via the "Device Manager" (Uninstalling the device required a system reboot)

- Upon Reboot make sure that Steam is completely closed (Confirm via Task Manager) to remove sharing access conflicts.

- Install HecticSeptic's Custom DS4Tool 1.2 http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=48985

- Run aforementioned Program

- Plug in DS4 and wait for it to install drivers, then check the box marked "Hide DS4 Controller".

- Confirmation that everything is running correctly:
* "Hide DS4 Controller" is checked
* "Controller 1" is still shown as connected
* Both "Wireless Controller" and "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" are still present in the "Device Manager"

Normal Procedure for Playing Dark Souls:
- Make sure Steam is completely closed
- Run DS4Tool
- Plug in DS4
- Make sure "Hide DS4 Controller" is checked
- Open Steam
- Run Dark Souls
- Praise the Sun
I tested both 1.2, and 1.2 Custom with Dark Souls and it works flawlessly if you follow the steps many people including me spend many pages of this thread reposting instructions and steps how to play. I hope the topic of Dark Souls is closed.
(02-14-2014, 12:28 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Could you be more specific about how the key presses do not work in Skyrim? There are many aspects which could be the issue; for one the key press might be too fast, or it might not accept key presses from virtual keyboards at all. Does it never work, or is the issue with holding keys in rather than just pressing them once?

The Options window used to not close in a previous version (due to waiting for a thread to finish after the thread had already finished). Personally it hasn't happened on my side since then (it checks if its already finished). Does it never close?

Skyrim
It never works so could be that it does not accept virtual keyboard input. There is a toggle for gamepad/keyboard input in Skyrim but this does not prevent proper keyboard input from being recognised. (I can still pull up the console and type.) Switched to keyboard input and the remapped virtual keypresses on the DS4 still don't register. I also tried mapping the PS button to run (which is held) and it did not register at all. Any other information I can give you?

Options
No, it never closes and I have to end task. It saves settings correctly though so it isn't a critical issue.
To anyone who wants to experiment with Bluetooth Hot-plugging I have managed to get the application to 'gracefully' handle loss of connectivity to the Controller when the BT is turned off, and accept it again when turned on. This goes as far as still recognising the controller if you plug it in while connected through BT, however two controllers will be shown until you turn off BT (hold the PS button in for a while). Windows itself does not handle this all too well (it places several Wireless Controllers there), but a toggle of Hide DS4 will remove the extras.

Please note that this is not a proper release, so only use it if you would like to try out BT Hot-plugging at the potential expense of stability.

(02-15-2014, 12:06 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Skyrim
It never works so could be that it does not accept virtual keyboard input. There is a toggle for gamepad/keyboard input in Skyrim but this does not prevent proper keyboard input from being recognised. (I can still pull up the console and type.) Switched to keyboard input and the remapped virtual keypresses on the DS4 still don't register. I also tried mapping the PS button to run (which is held) and it did not register at all. Any other information I can give you?

Options
No, it never closes and I have to end task. It saves settings correctly though so it isn't a critical issue.

I will see about trying key strokes in games such as Skyrim in the coming days to see if I can find a solution, but if nothing at all is captured it either filters virtual input or expects slower input (which isn't really something we want considering responsiveness requirements).

Also, still have not seen the fail to close issue reappear, but have added it to my list of things to do.

Not sure if anyone has posted this but I seem to have found a solution to the issues with Teamspeak. Goto Options, Hotkeys and in the bottom right is a drop down menu. Select 'Keyboard and Mouse only'. So far that seems to have solved the lock up issue I was having. Can anyone confirm this is working for them as well?
(01-25-2014, 06:54 PM)anatomyhorror Wrote: [ -> ]Was just wanting to report a small bug.

If you have ScpServer open and you're watching something on VLC, the mouse cursor will not disappear. Every other video player seems fine. Just seems to be VLC.

Since my mention of VLC was laughed at, I'll mention another media player it does this with.

TotalMedia Theatre 6. I use it to watch Blu-Rays. Mouse won't disappear if scpserver is running.

Also, I encountered quite a few bugs using the DS4 during the Castlevania LoS2 demo. Mainly the controller not responding. Could be because it was a demo though.
(02-15-2014, 04:16 AM)anatomyhorror Wrote: [ -> ]Since my mention of VLC was laughed at, I'll mention another media player it does this with.

TotalMedia Theatre 6. I use it to watch Blu-Rays. Mouse won't disappear if scpserver is running.

Also, I encountered quite a few bugs using the DS4 during the Castlevania LoS2 demo. Mainly the controller not responding. Could be because it was a demo though.

I actually had no problem at all playing that demo with the DS4. It should be noted that I've been using electrobrains's version almost exclusively, though; I love the touchpad features too much to switch.

Also, I love VLC. Tongue
Love the software. Got some recommended features to consider adding in the future.

-System tray icon to have a number that shows battery percentage.
-Add a button to the program that launches the windows setup game controller window since I'm always checking this to make sure everything is working as intended.
-Add a simple video overlay similar to how fraps showing the framerate, that shows your battery level. Create a shortcut similar to how we enable and disable the touchpad to enable/disable the overlay.