..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-17-2014, 06:52 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, if you're experiencing that wired then I really have no idea what's wrong with your setup amigo. Sorry.

Well, hopefully InHEXster can step in and shed some light on the problem. No big hurry. He seems to keep up with the thread pretty regularly.
(02-17-2014, 07:48 PM)Balian Wrote: [ -> ]Well, hopefully InHEXster can step in and shed some light on the problem. No big hurry. He seems to keep up with the thread pretty regularly.

To my knowledge Source engine games support DS4 controller DirectInput with remappings.
Things to try:
Compare how it plays with Hide DS4 Contoller checkbox unchecked/checked
Not sure if the game let's you have a choice over controller being used.

I have 360 controller chosen in steam big picture and I've been playing some Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Haven't noticed any issues I am using v1.2.
About steam big picture opening when you holding PS button to turn off the controller, it will not happen if you have X360 Controller chosen and stop ScpServer before turn off.
Hey, love the tool! I bought my DS4 because I hoped something like this would be released, and damn was it Worth it.
I have a few features which I think would be cool to have, but you don't need to preorotize any of this as I know you have more important Things to do. Remember that some of these Things have been recomended before, and I know some of them are on Your to do list. Some of the requests which have been mentioned before, i have purposly added here so that you could have a list of the featuers that People want Smile Remember I have included EVERY THING THAT I CAME UP WITH, even really minor stuff. (Much of this I don't even know if is possible) Sorry if I mentioned some Things that are already in Your tool.

- The ability to do have a button do different Things, depending on how long we hold it Down. For example, if you hold Down the PS button for one second and release it will open steam, two Seconds it will open firefox, Three Seconds it will open skyrim and so forth. And something that would help you is if you could add a colour for how long the button is held Down. For example if you hold it Down one second the led will turn red, two Seconds green, Three Seconds Purple. So if you hold Down the button for one second it will turn red and if you release it will open steam, if you don't release it will turn green and if you release then you will open firefox (I don't even know if any of this is possible). The buttons you have to press, you can deside your self.
- Have the led on the Controller change colour depending on Your characters Health in game.
- The ability to change profiles on the Controller and each time you change profile the led will change colour for 1-2 Seconds to help you remember which profile it is before it changes back to the colour you originaly had chosen. The buttons you have to press, you can deside your self.
- The ability to change rumble, led and all that stuff on the Controller. The buttons you have to press, you can deside your self. Something that would be cool is if you could be able to change that stuff using the touchpad. For exampleL1+R1+ swipe up on touchpad makes the LED more red.
- A mode which is not for gaming at all, but is just for sitting on the couch With the Controller instead of Your keyboard, so that the analog sticks is the mouse (with the ability to change the sensitivity of the sticks) and left click and right click are L1 and R1 (for example).
- If you don't want to use the touchpad as a mouse you can for example map it to do ALT+TAB if you swipe With two finger up, or toggle caps Lock if you swipe With one finger Down and so forth. Or if you're in game, you could be able to throw a granade by swiping up, and melee someone by swiping Down.
- support for headphones.
- Full button mapping
- Hot plugging for Usb and BT
- Have the tool start when you connect the Controller and Close when you disconect it. Either have a Windows pop up or have it start in system tray.
- A good UI (Know some of you guys are working on it)
- Ability to change the UI style if you made different styles
- Have the tool recognize "my Controller" or "friends Controller"
- Real time colour changing
- Ability to deside the sensitivity of everything
- Touchpad zoom
- Allow more than one Controller to use the touchpad.
- Have a button combination which opens up on screen keyboard
- Make the Controller og into sleep mode after a certan amount of time without Activity.
- Don't have to hold PS button for 10 sec to turn it of.
- If the Controller is on Bluetooth and you plug in USB, it disconects from Bluetooth, and if you pull out the USB it reconects to Bluetooth again.
- Button that activates push to speak if you use a headset
- Have the LED to start blinking fastera and faster when the battery goes Down from x% (you can deside the prosent Your self).
- In the UI, a list of known bugs, supported bluetooth dongles, help for more complicated features and stuff like that.
- Auto update
- LED brightnes adjustment
- tap detection requires a "maximum tap duration" setting
- tap detection also requires a "maximum distance before a tap is interpreted as a slide" detection
- there is an interaction between tap detection and double-tap detection, double-slide detection, etc
- If you tap on the right half of the touchpad it will do one thing, but if you tap on the left half it will do something else (if it's possible)
- Checkbox for disable LED
- A checkbox for everything I have mentioned that needs a checkbox

I saw this Picture on facebook of ds4 Controllers that had the led resemble symbols and logos and stuff like that like the batman logo, and helo kitty and stuff like that.Im curious if this is possible? I also Wonder if it's possible to have half of the LED be green and the other half red? I have the Picture, but i don't know how to show it here. If someone can tell me I can upload it.

I Wonder if it's possible to have a checkbox or something that will allow you to have Directinput instead of xinput, for games like assassins Creed 4 mulitplayer that support DirectInput, but still have the LED, touchpad and rumble support and all that.

Is there NO WAY to display ds4 icons (X, O, triangle, square) instead of Xbox icons (A, B, X, Y)?

In games With dialogue options like the skyrim, can you use the Controller to choose an option? I haven't tried it yet.

Would it be possible to have the Controller work before you log into an account on you pc? So when you turn on Your pc, you can open the on screen keyboard and log into Your account, all With Your Controller.

Whats the EXT port on the Controller used for?

I wish I could help, but I know NOTHING about programing.

Thats everything that has come to my mind and god thats a long list.
Wonder how the tool would be with all these features when it's already so great Smile

Thanks to inhexSTER, electrobrains, Hecticseptic, Donbabbeo and everyone else working on this tool!!! Smile

Wow I'm bored Wink
Will take up the mammoth task of replying to this, but will omit some text and instead reply within the quote for easier reading...
(02-17-2014, 09:58 PM)roli Wrote: [ -> ]- The ability to do have a button do different Things, depending on how long we hold it Down...
Doable, but likely to interfere with normal usage. If this sort of thing is done I wouldn't imagine it doing anything by default and it would most likely just happen with the PS button.
- Have the led on the Controller change colour depending on Your characters Health in game.
Not possible, would need to be coded per game, and getting the value of health in any case from memory is not really good application behaviour.
- The ability to change profiles on the Controller and each time you...
This is doable, and can be customised, but it isn't an easy feature to implement - I wouldn't even see it in 2.0. Perhaps not long after.
- The ability to change rumble, led and all that stuff on the Controller...
Special button combinations as mentioned before tend to make normal usage a pain - you might really need to use the combination of button presses for what they really are. In the case of clicking this may be worth the risk, but I personally do not see need for on the fly rumble adjustment for e.g.
- A mode which is not for gaming at all...
Custom mapping addresses this, we could eventually take it further with the aim to be able to easily use the system without normal peripherals, but few would really use the DS4 for typing.
- If you don't want to use the touchpad as a mouse you can for example map it to do ALT+TAB if you swipe With two finger up, or toggle caps Lock if you swipe With one finger Down and so forth. Or if you're in game, you could be able to throw a granade by swiping up, and melee someone by swiping Down.
Swipe up/left/right/down are theoretically something we can add to the customisations as an instead for mouse movement. It would be slightly more difficult to implement though than other customisations. Also, currently more than one key mapped to a button is not supported (Alt+Tab for e.g.)
- support for headphones.
Audio is not transmitted through the USB cable, and is communicated as entirely separate Bluetooth entities which do not make themselves visible to non-PS4 devices for pairing. We would have to try to pair with them pretending to be a PS4, and even then the data is far too complex to guess.
- Full button mapping
Right and middle click are in the works (as their virtual keyboard counterparts are not sufficient), however I do not believe any further keys as such need mapping. Mapping the touchpad click (with coordinates) and swipes is quite a bit more complex.
- Hot plugging for Usb and BT
Working on BT still (not yet consistent enough), USB works from what I've seen.
- Have the tool start when you connect the Controller and Close when you disconect it. Either have a Windows pop up or have it start in system tray.
Start in tray is already available, you could also start on boot as described a few posts back. However starting an application when you plug in the DS4 would require a service or a different application.
- A good UI (Know some of you guys are working on it)...change the UI style if you made different styles
Glad we have Don for this...
- Have the tool recognize "my Controller" or "friends Controller"
Plan to work on saving settings per physical controller. Issue is only USB gets MAC addresses. Will need an alternative.
- Real time colour changing
Happily, mine has this.
- Ability to deside the sensitivity of everything
Mine has a couple, any missing?
- Touchpad zoom
Less priority, will see how electro's approach changes the whole Touchpad landscape.
- Allow more than one Controller to use the touchpad.
Yes I mentioned this. But a cursor battle seems pointless. Will see.
- Have a button combination which opens up on screen keyboard
Might add this along with right and middle click as it does seem helpful from a media centre perspective.
- Make the Controller go into sleep mode after a certan amount of time without Activity. Don't have to hold PS button for 10 sec to turn it off.
Interestingly there is always activity (sixaxis). I'm not a fan of timers, but I suppose it is doable once we have the ability to turn off the controller reliably.
- If the Controller is on Bluetooth and you plug in USB, it disconects from Bluetooth, and if you pull out the USB it reconnects to Bluetooth again.
Would need to be able to identify the physical controller for this.
- Button that activates push to speak if you use a headset
Custom Mapping.
- Have the LED to start blinking faster and faster when the battery goes Down from x% (you can deside the prosent Your self).
I think electro is working on this.
- In the UI, a list of known bugs, supported bluetooth dongles, help for more complicated features and stuff like that.
Less fun, but doable I suppose.
- Auto update
Perhaps once we integrate into one solution.
- LED brightness adjustment
This is already configurable. You can even do it with just RGB values. Just lower all of them the same amount.
- tap detection requires a "maximum tap duration" setting
Already there.
- tap detection also requires a "maximum distance before a tap is interpreted as a slide" detection
Personally never had it mistake a tap for a slide. Perhaps electro's will provide more flexibility here
- there is an interaction between tap detection and double-tap detection, double-slide detection, etc
Sounds like something I said. Double-tap will always be double click to me, which works if a single tap is a click. I set my sensitivity quite low. Two finger slide is scroll. Sadly there is no globally recognised horizontal scroll.
- If you tap on the right half of the touchpad it will do one thing, but if you tap on the left half it will do something else (if it's possible)
Makes things complicated, but it isn't impossible.
- Checkbox for disable LED
Why, when you can set RGB to 0, 0, 0?
- A checkbox for everything I have mentioned that needs a checkbox
In general my controls will be 'off' if set to zero. Its simpler that way.

I saw this Picture on facebook of ds4 Controllers that had the led resemble symbols and logos...
Even if the DS4 can somehow do this, it doesn't allow us to affect it in any way, since there are only very few specific inputs the controller will accept from us.

I Wonder if it's possible to have a checkbox or something that will allow you to have Directinput instead of xinput, for games like assassins Creed 4 mulitplayer that support DirectInput, but still have the LED, touchpad and rumble support and all that.
The PS4 controller uses direct input by default (with our application not running, or with Hide DS4 unchecked). The buttons might not be mapped so well though...

Is there NO WAY to display ds4 icons (X, O, triangle, square) instead of Xbox icons (A, B, X, Y)?
This is per game. I have only ever seen FFXIV do this (and will respect them forever for it). Each application has ABXY hard coded into it, so aside from resource hackers / editors etc. No, there isn't any way.

In games With dialogue options like the skyrim, can you use the Controller to choose an option? I haven't tried it yet.
Yes. Currently some games however seem to dislike virtual keyboard input. Am looking into it.

Would it be possible to have the Controller work before you log into an account on you pc? So when you turn on Your pc, you can open the on screen keyboard and log into Your account, all With Your Controller.
I believe aside from services, no. I suppose that is one very good reason to adopt Scarlet.Crush's approach if it does play a role.

Whats the EXT port on the Controller used for?
Likely additional motion detectors, wheels, keyboards, etc. We will likely not have access to these, but here's hoping right?

I wish I could help, but I know NOTHING about programing.
Testers are always welcome Smile

EDIT: Wow, that red hurt my eyes...
(02-14-2014, 01:50 AM)GazaIan Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, over bluetooth, there is short, frequent noticeable bursts of input lag.

I'm also having this problem. It makes the controller totally unusable.

I'm using a similar tool on linux (ds4drv) and I have no such issue.

Thanks to everyone who is working on this btw!
(02-17-2014, 09:58 PM)roli Wrote: [ -> ]I Wonder if it's possible to have a checkbox or something that will allow you to have Directinput instead of xinput, for games like assassins Creed 4 mulitplayer that support DirectInput, but still have the LED, touchpad and rumble support and all that.

+1

This function could be very interesting, many recent games do not support xinput. It could afford to have the advantages such as vibration and support pad while using the joystick DirectInput
hey guys the tool works perfectly for most games,but no matter what version i tried on saints row iv the analog stick keeps being inverted..input recognises my pad (true) ,i'm now using ds4 1.2 zip..
Help would be really appreciated
(02-17-2014, 09:58 PM)roli Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this Picture on facebook of ds4 Controllers that had the led resemble symbols and logos and stuff like that like the batman logo, and helo kitty and stuff like that.Im curious if this is possible?

This was probably just a stick on stencil.

[Image: ps4-controller-stickers.png]
Hey all!

I want to say thank you for this tool, I've been using it all the time.

However, I've been using it wired and that's kind of hard for me because I'm playing on my TV.

So I just bought a BT Adapter with BT 4.0 + EDR, and I can't get it to work.

I can pair the DS4 just fine with the dongle and it's registered as a wireless controller.

But once I start ScpServer it just says no controllers found.

I already deinstalled and reinstalled the Virtual Bus Driver but still nothing.

I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! Sad