..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today was a slow day at work, so i invested most of the time on DS4Tool.

So now we have the 0.1.0.0 version!

I did another overhaul of the underlining library, it's a huge change for the app but it's mostly invisible to the user. Now i'm almost satisfied with the result!
The about button is now working for it's original purpose, actually i didn't write anything in it, but is' working as intended. I love the animation in it, so i will probably change the expander in the near future with a similar animation (it's the one with the controller image in it). Laugh

Created also the first stub of Classic Window for everyone who doesn't like the metro style. Actually it didn't receive a lot of love and it's pretty butt-ugly, but at least is functional for now. Anyway it's important to mention that i will mostly focusing on the metro version.
In the option i added the checkbox to enable or disable the metro version (that require a restart, and incredible, don't exist a way to restart an application, so i simply close it and you should restart it by hand, sorry guys).
I added also a button to reset options to default.

Remember to delete DS4Tool directory under %APPDATA% before trying the new version.
(02-18-2014, 09:28 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]CancelIOEx is the one i am using except instead of timer i used built in DeviceMonitor (already exists), just to have to turn it on. And added logic for checking for timeOut inside isConnected. Its better if the device handles its own timeout, this way most of the logic is in ScpControl

That would be ideal, yes. Are you close to pushing the changes? If you have already incorporated my changes into the trunk then I may as well start a new branch off of it?
(02-18-2014, 10:05 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]That would be ideal, yes. Are you close to pushing the changes? If you have already incorporated my changes into the trunk then I may as well start a new branch off of it?

I need to test everything first, there is a lot of changes, and I will be able to do it only later tonight when I get home in about 2 hrs. I did get all of the stuff ported from your latest commit.
(02-18-2014, 10:03 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Today was a slow day at work, so i invested most of the time on DS4Tool.

So now we have the 0.1.0.0 version!

I did another overhaul of the underlining library, it's a huge change for the app but it's mostly invisible to the user. Now i'm almost satisfied with the result!
The about button is now working for it's original purpose, actually i didn't write anything in it, but is' working as intended. I love the animation in it, so i will probably change the expander in the near future with a similar animation (it's the one with the controller image in it). Laugh

Created also the first stub of Classic Window for everyone who doesn't like the metro style. Actually it didn't receive a lot of love and it's pretty butt-ugly, but at least is functional for now. Anyway it's important to mention that i will mostly focusing on the metro version.
In the option i added the checkbox to enable or disable the metro version (that require a restart, and incredible, don't exist a way to restart an application, so i simply close it and you should restart it by hand, sorry guys).
I added also a button to reset options to default.

Remember to delete DS4Tool directory under %APPDATA% before trying the new version.

Doesn't start for me. nothing happen.
Did you deleted DS4Tool under %APPDATA%?

Open a folder in explorer, in the path write %APPDATA% and it should open a directory with a lot of folders. Find DS4Tool and delete it.

In the next version should add some initial check with informative messages...
(02-18-2014, 10:36 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]Did you deleted DS4Tool under %APPDATA%?

Open a folder in explorer, in the path write %APPDATA% and it should open a directory with a lot of folders. Find DS4Tool and delete it.

In the next version should add some initial check with informative messages...

Ok Wink now it's good.
Ok doing final testing, seems BT hot plug is working with WndProc, will test Win 7 and 2 controllers but i have almost no delay, except for BT timeout i set it the event monitor to run every 500ms
(02-19-2014, 01:13 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Ok doing final testing, seems BT hot plug is working with WndProc, will test Win 7 and 2 controllers but i have almost no delay, except for BT timeout i set it the event monitor to run every 500ms

Okay, sounds good. Not able to do multiple controller testing really, unless we try to support the DS3/Move/Nav as well like Scarlet.Crush is doing. I notice he's using WinUsb_ReadPipe instead of ReadFile. Better performance maybe, or better compatibility?
(02-19-2014, 01:42 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, sounds good. Not able to do multiple controller testing really, unless we try to support the DS3/Move/Nav as well like Scarlet.Crush is doing. I notice he's using WinUsb_ReadPipe instead of ReadFile. Better performance maybe, or better compatibility?

It's only for custom WinUSB driver. I noticed that wndproc doesn't work well on windows 7. But timeout solution still works.
I'm excited to try out a new build!