..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help me please? I have Windows 8.1 and have verified I have the .net, DX, and all other things needed. When I run the server it stops at
UDP_Worker_Thread Starting

I never finds the controller. I have looked around on this forum to see if I could find the answer but have not. Anyone else have this and fix it? It is probably simple, but I cannot get it. I am using BT and the controller is connected.

Thanks Everyone
(02-19-2014, 02:07 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes I suppose the sixaxis sliders would struggle with multiple controllers - I actually never intended on keeping them there after adding them to the custom mapping. I am starting to think that the Options not closing is a Windows 8 issue, or somehow environment related as I have not encountered it for a long time personally.

Its a pity that the improvements Windows 8 offers come at the cost of consistent user interface. As I'm sure a lot of people won't be upgrading I think we unfortunately need to use the method that both 7 and 8 can use. Unless the OS version is checked programmatically.

I do think that isConnected can be removed if the events (or timeouts) are working consistently and efficiently.

Should I still be working on my branch or should I wait to create a new one from your next push?

Edit: I committed/pushed the GetSerialNumberString method to my branch. If you can verify that it returns different values for different controllers then we'll be able to use it for physical controller specific settings.

IsConnected should be called (as it works very well for USB) but in my case its called every 500ms which reduces CPU usage. It does re-enumerate all devices every time is called so i used combination of both isConnected and isTimedOut. For usb timeout is instanteneus, but for BT is ~3 sec. It should allow for possible short time drop outs
I pushed all the changes so you can see how my timeout works. There is some experimental code with using WMI to detect plugin event's but at the moment BT has issue where after windows has it as connected no more plugin events are triggered, its also should be good thing to add per controller custom mappings.

(02-19-2014, 04:27 PM)cbusbear54 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me please? I have Windows 8.1 and have verified I have the .net, DX, and all other things needed. When I run the server it stops at
UDP_Worker_Thread Starting

I never finds the controller. I have looked around on this forum to see if I could find the answer but have not. Anyone else have this and fix it? It is probably simple, but I cannot get it. I am using BT and the controller is connected.

Thanks Everyone
You are using not the latest version

@[email protected] Asus bt-211 dongle works pretty well, at least on win 8
(02-19-2014, 04:49 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]IsConnected should be called (as it works very well for USB) but in my case its called every 500ms which reduces CPU usage. It does re-enumerate all devices every time is called so i used combination of both isConnected and isTimedOut. For usb timeout is instanteneus, but for BT is ~3 sec. It should allow for possible short time drop outs
I pushed all the changes so you can see how my timeout works. There is some experimental code with using WMI to detect plugin event's but at the moment BT has issue where after windows has it as connected no more plugin events are triggered, its also should be good thing to add per controller custom mappings.

Have you determined whether the Serial returned is unique per controller? (since I only have one I cannot test this).

I've since made my version a lot more efficient and kept all logic within ScpControl as suggested. I am also only checking once every 500ms (for new connections), and for disconnects if ReadFile does not return in 500ms I cancel it internally within HidDevice. This works consistently with exception to one flaw:
- When the DS4 disconnects via power off the Device enumeration first removes it (as expected), but then adds it again (which throws off the hot plug logic), then removes it properly. Have you experienced anything similar?
(02-19-2014, 05:26 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Have you determined whether the Serial returned is unique per controller? (since I only have one I cannot test this).

I've since made my version a lot more efficient and kept all logic within ScpControl as suggested. I am also only checking once every 500ms (for new connections), and for disconnects if ReadFile does not return in 500ms I cancel it internally within HidDevice. This works consistently with exception to one flaw:
- When the DS4 disconnects via power off the Device enumeration first removes it (as expected), but then adds it again (which throws off the hot plug logic), then removes it properly. Have you experienced anything similar?

Yes, i've seen that. It's because for some reason its not marked disconnected when turn of received. I had it show up like that even without hotplug. When controller disconnected and then program is restarted you will see a controller with 0% battery. And then stop/start fixes it. I can't test 2 contoller id's at the moment, but i am pretty sure that over USB we can get MAC, and on BT i've seen MAC encoded in the device path.

Update: Over USB i get null string for serial for mine
All this inconsistency over BT hot plug made me think it might be one of limitations of using a native Bluetooth stack
Just to quickly ask, has someone already reported the high CPU usage in 1.2? After a while, it gets locked at a constant 25% CPU usage (one core).
(02-19-2014, 05:38 PM)InnocentSam Wrote: [ -> ]Just to quickly ask, has someone already reported the high CPU usage in 1.2? After a while, it gets locked at a constant 25% CPU usage (one core).

Are you using my version or Custom for HecticSeptic
Hey guys, I had a question maybe someone on here can answer. So after my bluetooth kept disconnecting, I tried using the xbox360ce app as posted here(http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/commen...ark_souls/) to get games to notice my DS4 controller.

Now I play it plugged in. I just wanted to ask if there is any advantage or disadvantage to using the xbox360ce vs using this wrapper on this thread. Thanks!
(02-19-2014, 07:58 PM)maguss Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I had a question maybe someone on here can answer. So after my bluetooth kept disconnecting, I tried using the xbox360ce app as posted here(http://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/commen...ark_souls/) to get games to notice my DS4 controller.

Now I play it plugged in. I just wanted to ask if there is any advantage or disadvantage to using the xbox360ce vs using this wrapper on this thread. Thanks!

X360ce needs to be installed into every game and it doesn't support rumble, lightbar and touchpad
Hi, I have a suggestion (don't know if it was already posted)
To be able to edit the hotkeys. (left and right click, led, rumble etc..)
Thanks!
With 1.2 does not work in dark souls,please do something