..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-19-2014, 11:39 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm that's strange. Have you tried running the tool?
Also if go into hardware tab of that device or device manager and find that device, you should be able to locate Hardware ID. The usual one should contain VID=0x54C and PID=05C4

http://i.imgur.com/69w8sCT.png
This is a screenshot of when I click it on the device manager.
I think the problem is that it says that the drivers are not provided by sony, does anybody know how to fix this?
(02-19-2014, 11:42 PM)WilliaM122 Wrote: [ -> ]http://i.imgur.com/69w8sCT.png
This is a screenshot of when I click it on the device manager.
I think the problem is that it says that the drivers are not provided by sony, does anybody know how to fix this?

Oh i see, you have libusb driver installed for that device, go to update driver and pick one (Microsoft generic one, there is no sony driver) instead of automatic search
(02-20-2014, 12:07 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Oh i see, you have libusb driver installed for that device, go to update driver and pick one (Microsoft generic one, there is no sony driver) instead of automatic search
Thankyou so so much! I have been so annoyed at this controller for weeks so I thought I would make an account and ask thinking I probably wouldnt get a reply anyway. Thankyou!
Connection type: BT
Windows Version 7
DS4 Tool Version 1.2
Shared Mode

I don't know what happened but dstool4 used to detect my DS4 with steam opened, but now, I need to close steam before it detects the DS4. Can you guys help me out with this ?
(02-20-2014, 01:33 AM)thalespi Wrote: [ -> ]Connection type: BT
Windows Version 7
DS4 Tool Version 1.2
Shared Mode

I don't know what happened but dstool4 used to detect my DS4 with steam opened, but now, I need to close steam before it detects the DS4. Can you guys help me out with this ?

Make sure in steam big picture the default controller is 360 (xinput) I never have to quit steam that way. Quit Steam, Hide DS4 and than configure controller
@InhexSTER
Bro, if you're still around these forums I have a humble request that would simply make my decade if you could fulfill.

The recent Logitech Xinput controllers are mediocre in terms of build quality, but have a strong feature that makes them one of the best controllers I've ever used; The ability to swap functionality of the dpad and right stick at the press of a button. This is a big F-U to developers who make 2d platformers, but assume we're all less than 15 years old and want to use the analog stick for some stupid reason (without even giving us the option to rebind).

I know you integrated some rebinding options, but do you think you could put in a really simple, one-click or even hotkey method of swapping dpad & stick like the Logitech controllers? The DS4 has an amazing dpad (unusually rare these days) and I like to make the best of it.
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd release a new version while InhexSTER is still integrating the changes.

This version will hot plug for both BT and USB, but may show more messages than you might expect it to show. The Options windows issues should now be completely fixed. Instead of using call backs and invoke the sixaxis is created on another thread in the first place.

I have added some Custom Mapping changes:
- Right-click and Middle-click added
- Each thumb stick axis has been separated into up/down/left/right
- Thumb stick axes can now map to buttons logically (WASD for e.g.)
- Each button can now use repeat key presses instead of a key stroke

Still need to add the Sixaxis to this. Also would like to have 'click the button in the image to select the drop down'. Will soon add 'press the button on the controller to select the drop down'.

To turn on repeat for a button, either:
- press the key you want twice (instead of once),
- or click the Repeat check box after choosing the button's drop down list

Let me know if you encounter any issues Smile

As usual, just overwrite the older files with the ones in the ZIP. You can overwrite them again later with InhexSTER's next release.

Edit: Will push the changes to my branch after a good night's sleep Smile
(02-20-2014, 02:46 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Will push the changes to my branch after a good night's sleep Smile

BT hotplug still doesn't work fully. It showed up after reconnect but no 360 controller was plugged in, also can you please test the latest push i made it works very well with unplug/ turn off. Usb hotplug works very well. Bt still shaky. Somehow you got the BT to go not Connected in windows right away. I think i am just missing that part
Before testing uncomment line in WndProc for new controllers
Also usb hotplug also doesn't work as intended, seems like unplug not detected
Need some help here Sad..
The controller was working fine with my BT 2.1+EDR.
But since I tried to update the drivers the controller is always disconnecting on pairing.

I have 2 BT dongles on 2.1+EDR and a 4.0.
Both have the same issues.
The controller is detected but when pairing it always disconnects Sad.

Now even going back to the old drivers is not fixing the issue.
Please advise
Win7 x64.
Here is new version, this is for testing hotplug functionality and custom button mappings. Includes pretty much most changes from HepticSeptic custom version with better hot plug support and few bugs fixed. Better version coming soon, and i will post the actual final 1.2.1 on first post once this one is tested more thoroughly