..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-20-2014, 07:48 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about refactoring it into a helper class as well, similar to the Touchpad class. Presently I am also wanting to finish adding and perfecting the functionality as well, before tweaking it to optimal performance. Saving custom mapping settings by control name was purely convenience, and switching via strings is a lot more legible - at least for now. What alternative do you have in mind?

Edit: An enumeration maybe?

Yes, enums have number based comparison yet they have meaningful names
When loading/storing they can be converted into a string for xml config

Also imho separating axis into left/right maybe useful in some very rare cases but i think it introduces a chance of error because of so many constants you used.
Maybe the better approach is just to let the flip of all 4 axis, that's more common usage

Also whats purpose of repeat for keys is it to emulate holding a key?
Hi

Can anyone help me please. I've searched and scoured the web but I'm still struggling to fix the double input issue.

I'm using the DS4Tool 1.2

I have Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit and I'm trying to play Sleeping Dogs. I'm getting the double input issue.

Thanks for creating this great tool, If anyone could help me get it working properly I will be eternally grateful!! Laugh

I've got all the pre-reqs and have followed all the steps to the letter. I did get it working for a bit yesterday but now I can't seem to get it sorted.

EDIT: I've tried using the exclusive mode but I'm constantly on teamspeak with friends and need to have steam running to play the game :-/

Thanks
(02-20-2014, 11:22 PM)PandaUK86 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I've tried using the exclusive mode but I'm constantly on teamspeak with friends and need to have steam running to play the game :-/

Thanks

Hi there,

Have you tried opening DS4 tool before opening Steam and TeamSpeak?

There are also options inside both Steam and TeamSpeak to not try to take exclusive access on controllers. I don't have Steam, but for TeamSpeak it is set here:

[Image: 1f8fih.png]
(02-21-2014, 12:33 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

Have you tried opening DS4 tool before opening Steam and TeamSpeak?

There are also options inside both Steam and TeamSpeak to not try to take exclusive access on controllers. I don't have Steam, but for TeamSpeak it is set here:

[Image: 1f8fih.png]

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! You're a star!! Thanks a lot Laugh
(02-20-2014, 07:55 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, enums have number based comparison yet they have meaningful names
When loading/storing they can be converted into a string for xml config

Also imho separating axis into left/right maybe useful in some very rare cases but i think it introduces a chance of error because of so many constants you used.
Maybe the better approach is just to let the flip of all 4 axis, that's more common usage

Also whats purpose of repeat for keys is it to emulate holding a key?

Only noticed your edit now.

Some users have expressed interest in swapping Up/Down/Left/Right with the Left X and Y Axis, which is not always done, but I personally wanted to give it a go. Yes it makes the implementation more complex, but a similar implementation would be used for Sixaxis (except Sixaxis is offset at 255 instead of 127) so it is something that can be built on.

Repeat keys change the key press implementation and are intended for testing in games as an alternative to the default, which is more Windows friendly. Within the ~100ms it takes for the average user to press a key, the repeat keys would have pressed the key (kept it down) quite a few times. It could use some further testing, though. I haven't been playing many games lately.

(02-21-2014, 12:40 AM)PandaUK86 Wrote: [ -> ]YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! You're a star!! Thanks a lot Laugh
Pleasure. Smile
(02-20-2014, 05:36 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I'll include an explicit Unbound in the next release, possibly an option to determine whether custom mappings overwrite or keep XInput for custom keystrokes.

That would be awesome. Or Just a method to disable the PS button or an alternate method to turn off the controller. It's a bit of a pain having to stop SCPserver or close steam big picture everytime I turn the controller off.
(02-20-2014, 02:59 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried your version from the 1.2.1 RC1 commit on your repository. I see you've added a delay in case the disconnect is unintentional. USB works fine and BT disconnects are detected, but it seems in my environment the BT hot plug does not connect. It shows 'Controller 1 ready to use' but does not actually connect the controller. Maybe there's a middle ground between the two implementations that can work consistently.

Edit: Seems its not consistent. Sometimes it connects successfully. When it does not connect, if I turn it off and then restart, it then connects and disconnects (as we've seen previously).

Edit 2: I've merged InhexSTER's version of Hot Plugging into my custom version. I'm sure InhexSTER will soon add the Custom Mapping changes into his next release as well, but in the mean time they are here. Note that now the only difference between our versions are the extra Custom Mapping settings - all other code is now the same.

Edit 3: Changes have been pushed to http://code.google.com/r/nand-ds4tool-he...ource/list

Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and merge in the trigger center-point remapping to this branch, I guess. The only other features I care about are right now are letting the user set a blink pattern (we determined we can set both an on rate and off rate for the blink pattern) to indicate power level, and various touchpad modes. I don't want to maintain my branch anymore, I just want to figure out the crazy wild world of making a Windows kernel driver build properly. Guess I need to bite the bullet and use WinDbg.
For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. I think my bluetooth adapter might not be supported, but I'm not certain. I've uploaded what I think is the relevant information as attachments and if someone could tell me what's wrong, or how they've fixed it, I'd appreciate it.

Long story short, I plug in the controller and it works perfectly well. No problems to report. When I try to use bluetooth, the setup just doesn't work. Supposedly it recognizes the controller, but I get nothing from it. No responses from what I can tell, and it doesn't work like it should. I used to use the DS4 1.0 tool and it worked great with bluetooth, but now that just crashes when I try to open it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
(02-21-2014, 03:33 AM)RBELSTER Wrote: [ -> ]For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong. I think my bluetooth adapter might not be supported, but I'm not certain. I've uploaded what I think is the relevant information as attachments and if someone could tell me what's wrong, or how they've fixed it, I'd appreciate it.

Long story short, I plug in the controller and it works perfectly well. No problems to report. When I try to use bluetooth, the setup just doesn't work. Supposedly it recognizes the controller, but I get nothing from it. No responses from what I can tell, and it doesn't work like it should. I used to use the DS4 1.0 tool and it worked great with bluetooth, but now that just crashes when I try to open it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

When you paired the controller in windows is the LED a solid white? Make sure when you pair it you select to use a passcode and enter 0000.
(02-21-2014, 12:33 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have Steam

?!