..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-21-2014, 11:45 PM)Orpheusftw Wrote: [ -> ]I've been plagued by the same issues. For me, it started when I first needed to charge the battery, and thus go from BT to USB. (Is that not recommended? It appear to consider it two different controllers, rather than the same controller simply being charged)

I don't know of an easy way to straighten it out, but I restarted my pc, then reconnected the controller and it is working now.

My 1.2.1 and InhexSTER's only differ in terms of Custom Mapping. They use the same hot plug logic. The XInput not starting sounds as though it was not properly stopped and so when started again it appears already started, and thus does not try to start. Since the XInput driver's state is maintained after closing the app (InhexSTER can provide more insight into this probably) it requires more than restarting the app. A reboot should work.
(02-21-2014, 03:06 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]https://code.google.com/r/brianfundakows...ource/list

As promised I've started merging features over to a less-stale branch. I've gotten light bar flash patterns indicating all battery states now, so you can get a feel for how low you are. Open to ideas on tuning the exact patterns but I think it is pretty intuitive what it will do now... I've added support for toggling on and off the HID flushing because that is potentially going to make us miss important reports and should only be a compatibility feature for very old and slow systems AFAIK. There's no GUI toggle for it as of this current commit, and it's turned off, and you can change that in the config file.

If I knew how to compile code myself, I swear I would do it right now. I'm in love with the mouse modes you implemented, and I can't wait to use them again in your next version.
You don't need to do a full reboot, in the case where tool running fine but X360 controller not showing go to device manager Go to System/Scp Virtual Bus and do Disable/Enable with right click. It fixed issues for me without a reboot
(02-22-2014, 12:15 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to do a full reboot, in the case where tool running fine but X360 controller not showing go to device manager Go to System/Scp Virtual Bus and do Disable/Enable with right click. It fixed issues for me without a reboot

Good to know, thanks.
Can I ask again if anyone has any info regarding the battery life of the DS4? Does the controller stay on, constantly draining the battery while in BT mode, even while you're not using it? Or is there any built in sleep/conserve mode I don't know about?

What's the best/easiest way to "turn it off" while its in BT mode?
@HepticSeptic, i did commit the newest version of my code that refactors the mappings and fixes some issues. Yours from Repo doesn't actually work for axis remapping they come all messed up.
also i noticed some values are not saved into XML, seems like specific choices in specific boxes not saved (maybe the event is not triggered?)
(02-22-2014, 12:40 AM)Orpheusftw Wrote: [ -> ]What's the best/easiest way to "turn it off" while its in BT mode?

Just hold the ps button for about 10 seconds and it should switch off. Make sure you close scpserver first though or else youll get steam big picture mode coming up.
Hi I need help.
I manage to install the ps4 controller and drivers 1.2. The pc work alright.
However in game like lego movie pc game, it doesnt work.
Anyone encounter the same issue?
(02-22-2014, 05:58 AM)justxsongs Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I need help.
I manage to install the ps4 controller and drivers 1.2. The pc work alright.
However in game like lego movie pc game, it doesnt work.
Anyone encounter the same issue?

Open up your controller setup, and see what's listed. If it doesn't list a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, you're probably using it in default DirectInput, and your game might only support Xinput. Ensure you have the official Xbox360 drivers.

If you see more than one controller listed, (such as Xbox and Wireless controller) try checking the "hide DS4" box from the ds4 tool window.

Aside from that... I'm not familiar with the game you mentioned, so hopefully you're sure it even has controller support? Try other games, with a usb connection
(02-22-2014, 06:56 AM)Orpheusftw Wrote: [ -> ]Open up your controller setup, and see what's listed. If it doesn't list a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller, you're probably using it in default DirectInput, and your game might only support Xinput. Ensure you have the official Xbox360 drivers.

If you see more than one controller listed, (such as Xbox and Wireless controller) try checking the "hide DS4" box from the ds4 tool window.

Aside from that... I'm not familiar with the game you mentioned, so hopefully you're sure it even has controller support? Try other games, with a usb connection

It did list the microsoft xbox360
The game do recognize the controller of ps4. but I just cant set the buttons accordingly to the game.
(02-21-2014, 11:46 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I've attached a Custom Mapping xml for you. Load it at the Custom Mapping screen and then close and restart the program. To turn it off either delete or rename the file.

The image is shown from behind so that all the buttons are visible - its not the usual 'face up' way of doing it, but I wanted to be unique. The dir pad is then on the left if you're using the current version. I flipped it so that mapping is still left buttons on the left, right buttons on the right. Of course we could use a non-original 'face up' that hides the LED and L2/R2 buttons, but I'm not sure how acceptable that is from a copyright point of view.

I had trouble getting the controller to connect sometimes, but that may be my BT device at fault. Once connected I haven't had it drop though. It may be that your BT device is dropping, how far away are you from the receiver? If its your USB which loses connection that's a bit more serious.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! YMMD!!!!!!!

I used your HecticSeptic Custom 1.2.1 and SCP Custom Mapping.xml and I can control using the DPAD!!!!!!!!!! Now I can play old school games with DS4!!!!! personally, I can control more precisely with Dpad than analog on most games.....

previously I was using InhexSTER's DS4Tool 1.2, that's why it didn't work. silly me.Blush

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering though if you could somehow add this as hotkey? if not, I'm completely ok as it is...

now, only if turning off DS4 through software were possible.... Biggrin