..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-24-2014, 04:53 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]So tonight I will be releasing a final 1.2.1 with all changes from HecticSeptic, electrobrains and some of my new changes.
@HecticSeptic, @electrobrains, can you please hold off on adding any more new features as i want to merge all changes and test them thoroughly before final 1.2.1 version.
That version will be going to the first page.

Certainly, I will limit myself to only minor bug fixes and documentation updates until we have a cohesive 1.2.1 released. I'm excited to see all this work we've done coming together! Let me know if I can be of help learning the git operational procedures; git pull "other ds4-tool-repo-url" was all I needed but then I tried to merge everything manually.
(02-24-2014, 04:53 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]So tonight I will be releasing a final 1.2.1 with all changes from HecticSeptic, electrobrains and some of my new changes.
@HecticSeptic, @electrobrains, can you please hold off on adding any more new features as i want to merge all changes and test them thoroughly before final 1.2.1 version.
That version will be going to the first page.

Thanks I think that will help a lot as people get turned off to downloading something when they see 7 different versions on the main page and don't know which one to get.
@electrobrains i am thinking of a way to do trigger accessability mode just through math, without need for arrays.
why can't we just do lets say simple multiplication. Where 0-127 (all *2) is 0-255, 0-85*3 is 0-255, 0-63 *4 = 0-255 and so on?

Also i am not sure if you seen my solution to accidental tap when doing quick swipes in RC3, i had original X and original Y recorded when finger is put down and then just used last X,Y from lift up event to make sure finger didn't move much. Works quite well for me and is quite simpler solution. I would say works better than touchpad on my work laptop
Hmm I think the "light bar color indicates battery level" option isn't working. I have it set and the color has not changed at all from 100% charged to 70%.
(02-24-2014, 06:43 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]@electrobrains i am thinking of a way to do trigger accessability mode just through math, without need for arrays.
why can't we just do lets say simple multiplication. Where 0-127 (all *2) is 0-255, 0-85*3 is 0-255, 0-63 *4 = 0-255 and so on?

Also i am not sure if you seen my solution to accidental tap when doing quick swipes in RC3, i had original X and original Y recorded when finger is put down and then just used last X,Y from lift up event to make sure finger didn't move. Works quite well for me.
A direct table lookup is almost certainly going to be faster than any kind of arithmetic; ideally what I want is a spline curve mapping or something, and we definitely would not do that real-time.

I haven't seen the very latest changes made in the original ds4-tool branch because I failed to get "git pull" integrating them. There is a greater overall problem to solve with the touchpad, but I don't know if other people experience the same thing. Mine is too sensitive and detects fingers that are a millimeter above the surface. That's where most of my jitter comes from...

I basically want to start from scratch with the jitter compensation techniques by investigating the relationships between sixaxis readings and finger jitter. I'm going to spend a bunch more time thinking about the problem domain before I commit to making any changes. I'd like to build a survey program that takes clicks and taps and drags from people and records every sensor measurement, then I can try and classify the jitter better. Also it will depend on how each DualShock 4 is manufactured and/or calibrated. The most important thing is I don't want to add frames latency to processing just to correct for jitter.
(02-24-2014, 06:49 PM)LurkerLito Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I think the "light bar color indicates battery level" option isn't working. I have it set and the color has not changed at all from 100% charged to 70%.

You'll notice that if you set RGB values to something like (1, 0, 0), you will see a lot more colour on the controller than on the computer's representation of that colour. Mostly that's because the controller isn't showing any of the large amount of black that your screen will show.

The way that light bar battery level works is on a ratio. If the battery level is 70% and your two colours are green and black, it will still be very much green, even at 10% - just much more dim. If your second colour is red, then you will see 70% green and 30% red.
(02-24-2014, 07:36 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]The way that light bar battery level works is on a ratio. If the battery level is 70% and your two colours are green and black, it will still be very much green, even at 10% - just much more dim. If your second colour is red, then you will see 70% green and 30% red.
Ahh I see. I just set Full to a green of about 195 and then set low as Red at 90 and now I can see the difference easy just like the older version of DS4 Tool. Smile Thanks.

I originally set it for full green then off, so it looked like no change at all even from full to 60%.
I merged everything except for the touchpad now (refactored mapTriggers methods into mapping class with 2 dimensional map arrays for different devices). I will be testing the new changes thoroughly when i get home.

I am thinking creating events that will be triggered for touchpad:
when finger(s) is down it will be doing
touchesBegan, touchesUp passing in a touch with all info.
When finger(s) moves touchesMoved

that way we can have multiple classes responding to events, and not having a logic for clicks/presses inside part that should deal with hardware only.
I have a problem that Im playing Alien vs. Predator 2010 or I using Pinnacle game profiler for play steam games (amnesia game) with my dual shock 4 controller with ds4tool. I think some games like alien vs. predator 2010 use wireless controller instead of xbox 360 after open DS4 tool with my DS4 controller using bluetooth. but when I lunch the game and the controls are not functioning that I can't operate the menus or controls the chairactors. I think the game was using the wireless controller theme instead of xbox 360 controller theme. I use only one DS4 controller connected to my computer but I see two controller themes showed in game controller settings window, wireless controller and Xbox 360 controller for windows, the wireless controller has no controls properly, and Xbox 360 controller was functioning good so far after I lunch DS4 tool and connect my DS4 controller with bluetooth, but after I lunch aliens vs. predator 2010 and I try to push up and down of direction buttons for operate the menus but nothing happends, it did shows the xbox 360 buttons icon on the menu but no controls. Any ideas?
I have an issue : when I check Hide DS4 Controller, it's actually the xbox 360 controller who disappears (I have DS4 1.2.1 RC3) and then I'm left with only the "Wireless Controller";

EDIT : I checked with inhexSTER's 1.2 and it's the same