..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey HecticSeptic and electrobrains i will soon send you a version to test out through PM.
I did rewrite touchpad to be event based. So if you are happy with results we can keep it, if not then i will have an older version for this release.
I have pretty much most changes except i tried to use my jitter removal method
If you ok with it then i will add custom mapping support for it, and we should be good to do final 1.2.1 testing
(02-24-2014, 11:24 PM)Grosky Wrote: [ -> ]I still have those fps issues (but not only in Skyrim)

Can't say I've noticed any changes in FPS at all, Skyrim or otherwise.
(02-25-2014, 01:19 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Hey HecticSeptic and electrobrains i will soon send you a version to test out through PM.
I did rewrite touchpad to be event based. So if you are happy with results we can keep it, if not then i will have an older version for this release.
I have pretty much most changes except i tried to use my jitter removal method
If you ok with it then i will add custom mapping support for it, and we should be good to do final 1.2.1 testing

Awesome, I'm really looking forward! Then we can together put up a Wiki page somewhere documenting the most important stuff, and just referring people to that in the thread's OP. Google Code gives us free wiki hosting, right? I will resolve to test it before looking at the code so I am not unduly influencing my evaluation of the jitter removal techniques you've developed. Perhaps I can actually build in a metrics tool for this release, something which will let peoole click a button and start capturing valuable sensor survey data for them to share here. I think that will help us develop even better algorithms for the touchpad in the future.
I committed all the changes into the repo. electrobrains and HecticSeptic please test that version. If everything seems fine i will release it tonight
I think there is issue with touchpad mapping when multi and touch button trigger at the same time (both will be entered) (fixed now)
Hello, first off just let me say thank you guys for all the work thats been put into this project, you've done an awesome job!

I hate to bring it up but I'm having trouble getting the controller to work in Dark Souls. No matter what I do I cant get it to work in game. The only thing I can make it do is navigate the GFWL menu, nothing in the actual game works.

I've looked at evey post about Dark Souls on these forums but no matter what I do I cant get it to work. I do make sure that the "hide DS4 controller" box is marked and I close out of Teamspeak and Steam.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Hey, guys 1.2.1 is live on first page
Really enjoying testing out 1.2.1, the jitter compensation feels really good at first blush!
(02-25-2014, 04:48 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, guys 1.2.1 is live on first page

I just tested it, and the controller appears to be working well (USB). What I have noticed though is that Tap to Click seems to be enabled even when set to off, and when you click with the Touchpad it will hold the left mouse button until you hit it again. Is this the intended behaviour? It seems like it was different before.
(02-25-2014, 05:13 AM)Killadelphia Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested it, and the controller appears to be working well (USB). What I have noticed though is that Tap to Click seems to be enabled even when set to off, and when you click with the Touchpad it will hold the left mouse button until you hit it again. Is this the intended behaviour? It seems like it was different before.

Thanks for noticing, Reposting a fixed version. Please re-download.
Testing out 1.2.1 and the touchpad works surprisingly well. Great job guys.

One little thing I'd really love to see is a 'prevent guide button from ever acting like an Xbox guide button' checkbox. I have the guide button remapped to a keypress but when holding it down to turn off the controller it still launches sodding Steam Big Picture.

Wouldn't be a problem if Valve let you disable it but they don't. Vowed never to use the stupid thing again after it crashed and I lost progress in whatever game it was I was playing.