..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version 1.2.2 is live:
Press PS+Options to disconnect controller from BT
Minor fixes for custom mappings, enabled Upperpad functionality.
Found a way to get Rumble with Directinput. I used to use this with an actual wired Xbox 360 Controller:

Here you go:
http://stoic.jp/nds/driver/xi/index.html

Works with DS4Tool as I just tested it with Project64 and N-Rage's controller plugin running in DirectInput mode just to be sure. Enjoy!
(02-27-2014, 02:45 AM)djnforce9 Wrote: [ -> ]Old post.

Response to old edited post. Ignore. Nice find though.
(02-27-2014, 02:51 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Response to old edited post. Ignore. Nice find though.

Sorry about that. I posted before finding that site (again) and seeing that there was a much newer version that DOES work with DS4Tool without any changes whatsoever. Just use the Windows 7 English version and you're all set (or XP if that's what you have of course Tongue).
(02-27-2014, 02:11 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Version 1.2.2 is live:
Press PS+Options to disconnect controller from BT
Minor fixes for custom mappings, enabled Upperpad functionality.

That controller disconnect function is working beautifully for me Laugh massive QoL improvement over sitting there holding the PS button for 10 seconds haha.

Only remaining thing at that point would be to get hotplugging working perfectly with Bluetooth. Right now if I leave the server running through the PS+Options disconnect, then it sees the controller disappear and even shows it coming back when I power the controller back on. But it doesn't hook properly and for instance battery life remains at 0% and the lightbar doesn't change color, nor do any controls map to xinput. I have to restart the server for it to reconnect.

But still this is a MASSIVE boost into this tool becoming a complete package. Awesome job guys!

Oh and upperpad function working 100% now. You guys are wizards.
Another fantastic version.

I'm having a weird issue: Sometimes, when I turn the controller off and back on while DS4tool is running, the control panel isn't showing anything connected when I click "Controllers." It doesn't always do that, though. Anything I can do to fix that? It's not a big deal at all, it's more of a curiosity thing than anything. (I have "Hide PS4 Controller" checked.)
(02-27-2014, 03:26 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Only remaining thing at that point would be to get hotplugging working perfectly with Bluetooth. Right now if I leave the server running through the PS+Options disconnect, then it sees the controller disappear and even shows it coming back when I power the controller back on. But it doesn't hook properly and for instance battery life remains at 0% and the lightbar doesn't change color, nor do any controls map to xinput. I have to restart the server for it to reconnect.

Works for me. Maybe try completely removing the files and start fresh, or reinstall SCP.
Hello there,

I installed your tool and did everything step by step the way it was supposed to be installed, and it looks like it is working, I have my controller connected through a USB cable, the light bar is on and I can change the color and everything.

However, my controller is not showing up as an Xbox 360 controller in my device list, it is just listed as a generic wireless controller. So I was wondering if this will still work, or if I did something wrong that can be fixed.

I downloaded and installed the newest version of your tool (1.2.2), as well as the latest drivers for everything that you have listed.

Thank you.
-Ag3ntWaffl3
(02-27-2014, 04:01 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me. Maybe try completely removing the files and start fresh, or reinstall SCP.

I always uninstall the drivers then completely wipe the DS4 Tool folder I keep, inbetween each update.

Two things coming to mind:

1. Are you using Windows 8? I'm on 7 x64, and it's semi-known that anything before 8 doesn't play well with the BT connection.

2. What Bluetooth stack/adapter are you using? Perhaps some adapters take the hotplugging better than others. I am using a Broadcom 2046 2.1+EDR adapter.

Really do wonder why it works for you and not me. Hope I don't have to "upgrade" to 8 anytime soon :/
(02-27-2014, 04:29 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]1. Are you using Windows 8? I'm on 7 x64, and it's semi-known that anything before 8 doesn't play well with the BT connection.

2. What Bluetooth stack/adapter are you using? Perhaps some adapters take the hotplugging better than others. I am using a Broadcom 2046 2.1+EDR adapter.

1. Yup. Win 8.1 x64.
2. MS default stack. Also Broadcom but BT 4.0.

Off topic:
I actually really like Windows 8.1 and think it's much better than 7. I only use the new 'Start' metro rubbish for launching desktop apps and it works great, much better than the old Windows Start popup nonsense.

Pity MS seem to have no idea what they're doing right now. Hopefully when they rush out 9 they'll actually tailor their desktop OS for desktop users with desktop input devices like mice.