..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-03-2014, 04:44 AM)Chaquator Wrote: [ -> ]So how, in any way, could I or someone interact with the DS4's sixaxis, or ,even, its lights, in my own application or something?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Install the Xbox 360 Controller's Drivers along with the Scp Vbus driver, if you haven't them already.

We'll build some kind of interface for light and rumble control -- I already have some ideas in mind. For sixaxis sensors, that can be exposed as a standard HID device, but we also need to make it so you can look up which HID device corresponds to the Xinput device if that's what you're already using. There is a question of security, though: the sixaxis sensors, especially if you do not pre-process them with differential math, contain potentially enough information that you could build a keylogger or a voice recorder out of them. It is just not safe to expose them by default, or expose them at all without filtering out that level of "background noise."

http://www.news.gatech.edu/2011/10/17/ge...e-spiphone
(03-03-2014, 04:44 AM)Chaquator Wrote: [ -> ]So how, in any way, could I or someone interact with the DS4's sixaxis, or ,even, its lights, in my own application or something?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Install the Xbox 360 Controller's Drivers along with the Scp Vbus driver, if you haven't them already.

Did both of those. The program works fine with the older versions, but not the new one for some reason.
Hi there everyone! Good job on the Wrapper! Enjoying it greatly so far.I have a bit of a problem in Source Engine games, though.

None of the games recognizes the controller "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" because the Engine selects the nearest controller it can find, in this case the "Wireless Controller," which is inactive. If there was a way to hide the latter controller so that there's only one controller to choose from at any given time, it would be great and it would solve most of the issues.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Attached is the image of what's going on and;
The controller menu creates two identical "Wireless Controller"'s because I am charging my DS4 while it's running on Bluetooth.
(03-03-2014, 06:40 AM)AssassinVenice Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there everyone! Good job on the Wrapper! Enjoying it greatly so far.I have a bit of a problem in Source Engine games, though.

None of the games recognizes the controller "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" because the Engine selects the nearest controller it can find, in this case the "Wireless Controller," which is inactive. If there was a way to hide the latter controller so that there's only one controller to choose from at any given time, it would be great and it would solve most of the issues.

I would highly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

Attached is the image of what's going on and;
The controller menu creates two identical "Wireless Controller"'s because I am charging my DS4 while it's running on Bluetooth.

Check this box.
(03-03-2014, 07:16 AM)TacticalBacon00 Wrote: [ -> ]Check this box.

I get this whenever I try to enable the check-box. Tried it a couple times before posting and it's still the same. :/

EDIT:
Never-mind. I changed the driver on my Bluetooth dongle to "Generic" from "CSR Radio" and it worked.

Thanks! Smile
Everything's working great, this is the best thing out there for using a DS4 with PC IMO, it's very functional. The only improvements I can think of are really just nitpicking and personal preferences, since everything works well.

In v 1.2.1, the top edge of the touchpad acted like a left click when pushed in, which I really liked, but appears to be stripped out of 1.2.2. Pressing the top edge in worked well for dragging things around IMO. In 1.2.2 you can hold in the touchpad, then press in the top edge to enable 'dragging mode' where you can drag things without having anything pressed in, but simply pressing in the top edge would be better I reckon.

The main issue I'm facing is the touchpad stops working when new windows open up or something - and I have to move the real mouse in order to get the touchpad working again. Also some windows don't seem to be dragable, well I've only had this problem with the Magnifier window.

EDIT: Also, when using PS+Options to turn the controller off, if it's left off for a while I have loads of issues getting it to connect up again. Anyone else having issues with this? I think it might just be that I have to close Steam and other controller-detecting apps, not sure, will try to test when I can.

Excellent tool though, makes using a DS4 really easy and viable with PC.
(03-03-2014, 01:50 PM)Ohmz Wrote: [ -> ]Everything's working great, this is the best thing out there for using a DS4 with PC IMO, it's very functional. The only improvements I can think of are really just nitpicking and personal preferences, since everything works well.

In v 1.2.1, the top edge of the touchpad acted like a left click when pushed in, which I really liked, but appears to be stripped out of 1.2.2. Pressing the top edge in worked well for dragging things around IMO. In 1.2.2 you can hold in the touchpad, then press in the top edge to enable 'dragging mode' where you can drag things without having anything pressed in, but simply pressing in the top edge would be better I reckon.

The main issue I'm facing is the touchpad stops working when new windows open up or something - and I have to move the real mouse in order to get the touchpad working again. Also some windows don't seem to be dragable, well I've only had this problem with the Magnifier window.

EDIT: Also, when using PS+Options to turn the controller off, if it's left off for a while I have loads of issues getting it to connect up again. Anyone else having issues with this? I think it might just be that I have to close Steam and other controller-detecting apps, not sure, will try to test when I can.

Excellent tool though, makes using a DS4 really easy and viable with PC.

Yes, here is your explanation on why the touchpad appears to stop working:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Interf..._Isolation

We need to implement a true virtual touchpad device, and secure it, if we want to get around that security limitation. I'm having problems making the vmulti driver into something that will do that. It also brings with it its own new security problems, attack vectors that don't exist unless we override the security measures inherent in Windows.

I seem to be seeing the problem you're seeing with PS+Options and I don't think it is a DS4-Tool bug. When this happens, restarting the program does not help at all. It appears to be a pure Bluetooth-level bug where connecting does not establish the HID device node at all, and thus there is nothing for the DS4 Tool to detect. It may be a controller bug and that we have to do something slightly different to power off the controller if we want it to never happen. I would appreciate any insight anyone else can provide.
Hi guys, I am wondering if electro's first 1.2.2 builds's use of vaiable touchpad modes are gone for good or if theres a chance they will be reintroduced later on? I have been using an old build for a while because the ability to cycle through variants of left and right click options were perfect, but it seems to have been dropped along the line. Or is there something i can do with the custom keymapping options now to replace that functionality? I use xpadder a lot and it was great to be able to assign normal in game controls to the d-pad, but when i held the touchpad it allowed me to use left and right click instead. Also, it is making using drag and drop functionality with the touchpad very difficult now that theres no separate button to keep hold of whatever im dragging - if that makes sense.

Additionally, a little bug reporting - when i click to hide the DS4 check box i get a box coming up as per the attached image.
[attachment=49343]
Just wanted to check if this is an error message or a normal notification msg when i turn on hide DS4 controller?
If it is an error report i can include the full text.

Once again, big thanks to you all for your hard work.
(03-03-2014, 04:38 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Additionally, a little bug reporting - when i click to hide the DS4 check box i get a box coming up as per the attached image.

Just wanted to check if this is an error message or a normal notification msg when i turn on hide DS4 controller?
If it is an error report i can include the full text.

Yeah, please post the full error message.
after pressing start-button nothing happens (log window was clear). also, when i opened ScpServer today it started without log window and pressing start button still don't give any result

any thoughts?

**first try to connect by cable**
http://s30.postimg.org/r7x454idt/DS4_1.png

now an aim to connect PC wth DS4 by cable (i'll try to solve the problem with BT later)