..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-03-2014, 09:27 PM)wooden_shelf Wrote: [ -> ]So does this basically mean that the new revision will decrease instances of, and overall amount, of input lag? And wouldn't an input limit rate effect games where you need to rapidly press a certain button or a bunch of buttons at once? I am genuinely asking, not being a critic. Maybe you could implement some kind of "high performance mode" for those of us with the CPU headroom and proper hardware to run large amounts of input data.

Generally modern games are running at around 60 fps especially with Vsync on, if you have 120hz monitor maybe you could reach 120 fps with vsync on but you need extreme hardware for that. 60 fps a second is about 16.6ms/s so when controller updates at 1000hz that's way more then any game can handle. So that's why i am thinking there will be a control over how fast update happens, default will be as fast as possible.
When using 60hz update rate my CPU reports 0% for scpserver
Hi, are there any chances to implement something to let us decide if we can change the controller to player 1 or player 2 or player 3 etc..
I'm requesting this feature because of Left 4 Dead 2 when you have to be on controller 2 to play on splitscreen...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=1029890
hi how do you map the mouse movement to the right stick of the ds4?
Hi, InhexSTER I just registered today, I am loving your work and dedication to this amazing tool! I have an issue when I try to use the hide DS4 mode.

On my windows 8.1 machine enable the hide DS4 mode my PC is hiding the "xbox 360 controller" instead of the wireless controller. I think it is supposed to do the exact opposite.

I would really like to play "the game that shall not be mentioned" but I can't get exclusive mode to do much of anything with any game I want to play. You mention that you use you controllers in exclusive mode almost always because it simply works the best.

Does anyone have advice? Sorry if this is a rehash there is are a ton of posts to sift through.

Also I'm using the most recent version of the ds4 to xinput wrapper from the front page.
(03-03-2014, 09:42 PM)ponoveave Wrote: [ -> ]hi how do you map the mouse movement to the right stick of the ds4?

Most games that do not support controller are not meant to use it. Transferring analog movements of a stick into mouse requires extensive math calculations to make even work, and that would not make a mouse nearly as precise as it should be. They are 2 different input systems where controller is a constant analog reading of the position of the stick, where mouse is a "moved by so many dots per inch" scheme. I would say ds4 keymapping merely meant to allow you to bind it to some keys so that you can do some simple operations not enable full on gaming with emulating keyboard and mouse. So i personally have no intention adding this feature.

(03-03-2014, 09:51 PM)tizzle Wrote: [ -> ]On my windows 8.1 machine enable the hide DS4 mode my PC is hiding the "xbox 360 controller" instead of the wireless controller. I think it is supposed to do the exact opposite.
Also I'm using the most recent version of the ds4 to xinput wrapper from the front page.

Most likely it says can't open controller for exclusive access. If it CAN'T open DS4 controller that means why start X360 one?
(03-03-2014, 09:52 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Most games that do not support controller are not meant to use it. Transferring analog movements of a stick into mouse requires extensive math calculations to make even work, and that would not make a mouse nearly as precise as it should be. They are 2 different input systems where controller is a constant analog reading of the position of the stick, where mouse is a "moved by so many dots per inch" scheme. I would say ds4 keymapping merely meant to allow you to bind it to some keys so that you can do some simple operations not enable full on gaming with emulating keyboard and mouse. So i personally have no intention adding this feature.

On my windows 8.1 machine enable the hide DS4 mode my PC is hiding the "xbox 360 controller" instead of the wireless controller. I think it is supposed to do the exact opposite.

Most likely it says can't open controller for exclusive access. and tells you what to do.
[/quote]

thanks for the reply i guess the only way to controll the mouse then is using the touchpad which is not that bad to be hones
(03-03-2014, 09:52 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Most games that do not support controller are not meant to use it. Transferring analog movements of a stick into mouse requires extensive math calculations to make even work, and that would not make a mouse nearly as precise as it should be. They are 2 different input systems where controller is a constant analog reading of the position of the stick, where mouse is a "moved by so many dots per inch" scheme. I would say ds4 keymapping merely meant to allow you to bind it to some keys so that you can do some simple operations not enable full on gaming with emulating keyboard and mouse. So i personally have no intention adding this feature.

Most likely it says can't open controller for exclusive access. and tells you what to do.
[/quote]

great, thank you. I am a huge fan of your work!
Damn, I really gotta say, I'm not sure if 60hz polling rate would be acceptable on an input device.

Ancient mice from the 90s run at a minimum of 100hz and the difference of control between 100hz and 1000hz on my G500 is huge. Anyone with a modern CPU should be able to handle 1000hz polling rate on the DS4 without substantial performance loss.

I'm not saying having options is bad, I just feel being limited by unnecessary options is.
(03-03-2014, 10:00 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, I really gotta say, I'm not sure if 60hz polling rate would be acceptable on an input device.
It makes great difference for a mouse because its DPI reading so the faster you read is more accurate, But with controller its on/off or value reading like a stick at 255 (right) game running at 60 fps will only show result of a single (last) reading, it would not make sense if you could press/unpress a button few times within 1 frame (you won't see result anyways).

With the mouse its more important as you take samples of how many dots it is moved in a period of time.

I haven't tested myself but from links i posted above USB connection is 4ms (250 Hz) rate. Also if i remember correctly looking at DS3 Scp server limits it to 16ms

I am not saying its not good to have higher rate but something like 250hz will be more then enough. Just will be better to allow people lets say go down to 60hz if they have older dongle or laptop with older hardware. I so far am enjoying the tool and never had a performance problems with last few version.
I'd be worried about all the analog data, like the sticks and triggers. I love how fast they react in-game over Bluetooth right now.

I know for the average person 20ms doesn't mean much, but to me I feel it. I'm very sensitive to latency, it's why I refuse to use VSync for anything. So I would really like an option for 250hz or more preferably if you do go down that road eventually.