..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-04-2014, 12:30 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be worried about all the analog data, like the sticks and triggers. I love how fast they react in-game over Bluetooth right now.

I know for the average person 20ms doesn't mean much, but to me I feel it. I'm very sensitive to latency, it's why I refuse to use VSync for anything. So I would really like an option for 250hz or more preferably if you do go down that road eventually.
Don't worry, we will be giving the user as much control over DS4 operations as we are capable of reverse-engineering.
(03-03-2014, 04:38 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I am wondering if electro's first 1.2.2 builds's use of vaiable touchpad modes are gone for good or if theres a chance they will be reintroduced later on? I have been using an old build for a while because the ability to cycle through variants of left and right click options were perfect, but it seems to have been dropped along the line. Or is there something i can do with the custom keymapping options now to replace that functionality? I use xpadder a lot and it was great to be able to assign normal in game controls to the d-pad, but when i held the touchpad it allowed me to use left and right click instead. Also, it is making using drag and drop functionality with the touchpad very difficult now that theres no separate button to keep hold of whatever im dragging - if that makes sense.

Additionally, a little bug reporting - when i click to hide the DS4 check box i get a box coming up as per the attached image.

Just wanted to check if this is an error message or a normal notification msg when i turn on hide DS4 controller?
If it is an error report i can include the full text.

Once again, big thanks to you all for your hard work.

I can try to get back in multiple touchpad modes for 1.2.x or 1.3, but we left it out because 2.0 will be quite different; you will have profiles/banks of mode collections, and modes within those banks. The functionality will exist again but be fully-programmable. This includes doing different kinds of chording rather than just straight one-to-one mapping of individual sensors.
Here is RC1 for 1.3, this is for testing purposes and may contain new bugs. What I am most curious about is to find out is how performance changed, is hot plug working for you. Old config (ScpControl.xml and custom mappings) file should be ok. No need to reinstall Scp bus driver if you have it already. Gyro data is disabled in options.
(02-28-2014, 03:27 PM)Gabriel_lu Wrote: [ -> ]After restarting the wrapper. I didn't even start the game I just went into the configuration and moved the stick back and forth. I can do that without problem for like 5 seconds and then it lags for a short moment and then i can continue for like 10 seconds untill it lags again. When i do open the game this translates into having a character that sometimes continues to move after i've released the controller or having the character do an 180 or 360 spin. Well now I hav to go to work but I'll try downlading older updates when i get back.
Thanks again for the help!
Hi, It works now I discovered that there was an 360 recevier connected to the back of my computer that I had totally forgotten about. After unplugging it and reinstalling the program it works perfectly.
Thanks again
Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the controller a ton of times in the 1.3 RC, my biggest problem with the old version was that it would stop working after a while and I would need to reinstall SCPdriver. In this RC it works perfectly for me, all the time, and I tried reconnecting a lot of times, so that's definitely working great. No bugs yet, either. It's now my main version to use until I find a bug in it. My hype is building for 2.0.

UNRELATED: wish GIF files used as profile pics would animate, but they don't. Whatever.

EDIT: one feature request. I have "enable touchpad at startup" checked, and it works, but when disconnecting and reconnecting the controller, I need to enable it again. I would love for the touchpad to always enable itseif unless I disable it. But I'm just nitpicking there, great work!
Haven't tried 1.3 yet, but something I've noticed very rarely is that the tray icon for DS4 Tool will disappear completely even though the app is still running. It's not open as I am staring at my desktop and it's not there, yet it's in task manager. Strange.
Feature Request: Many of us would like custom mappings for the touchpad. Currently it is set to click, but I would prefer for it to be a normal button. This would be useful for FFXIV and help with making the DS4 function more like it does on the PS4 with FFXIV. In FFXIV on PS4 the touchpad button, helps with switching between ui elements, and ofcourse the touchpad ofcourse acts as a mouse. You can find more info in this reddit post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1...g_like_it/
(03-04-2014, 07:45 AM)Takenover83 Wrote: [ -> ]Feature Request: Many of us would like custom mappings for the touchpad.

You can remap the touchpad to a key. If you're asking for more controller inputs then that's not going to happen on XInput unless MS extends it with the Xbox One controller or something.
(03-02-2014, 11:43 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I can only assume you mean User Access Control (UAC) asking for Admin permissions. If you mean literally a different account, perhaps the settings do not have the mouse enabled? Have you tried ensuring that 'enable touchpad at startup' is on? How about pressing the button combination to toggle it?

Otherwise, we will need quite a bit more information to help you with your issue.
it's not this problem i have got.

DS4's functionnally is perfect.

Except a little problem when i launch a program with UAC, mouse of DS4 don't reply, it's freeze (at moment to select no or yes into windows) i must use my true mouse, and then, i can use again my mouse of DS4.

Is it possible to correct this ?
(03-04-2014, 10:31 AM)Aleksandr Wrote: [ -> ]You can remap the touchpad to a key. If you're asking for more controller inputs then that's not going to happen on XInput unless MS extends it with the Xbox One controller or something.
Hmm, maybe map it to a existing key, say the back button? Currently the share button is the back button. I tried manually, but it is just is not taking.

Edit: I have gotten keymapping to work with the touchpad button. And in game using mapping to get it do what I want Smile