..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New version of DS4Tool!
Still no tray icon, sorry guys, i hope to have it for the weekend or even tomorrow if i'm lucky.

Anyway i did some underground work, mostly the communication layer client/service: now it accept a DataContract as a parameter, so we can serialize the entire state of the controller from service to client.
I'm not entire satisfied with that but it's a step in the right direction.

I've also changed the notification of USB/Bluetooth connection, now i'm using an image (kindly provided by Jays2Kings).

Now i need to extend the DataContract to accept more parameters like battery status or led color and finally dealing with the dreaded icon.

As always this application is just for UI testing behaviour.
Any suggestion / bug / error is appreciated.
(03-04-2014, 09:56 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Did it work before? Try removing device (unpair) and repair again, i've seen similar issue on Windows 7, but after complete removal it worked again

Yep, it seems to be a syncing problem. I don't know why it wont sync correctly. If I click on the home key it will turn on and I'm able to move for a second but then it stops working.
[Image: 4ljejo.png]
(03-04-2014, 10:58 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]New version of DS4Tool!
Any suggestion / bug / error is appreciated.

Would C++ or Java be able to communicate with that service? If not then we can't use that approach. As i stated earlier we are aiming at multilanguage support in our libraries . I am hopping to allow use of DS4Library not just in C#. If someone would want to write their own client / tray icon tool in language other than C#, but keep the service they have to be able to use existing communications. Thats why i was suggesting sockets as it multilanguage. So far i am liking GUI, but service part just crashes too often. Maybe it would be better idea to focus on GUI. As anyways service is a thing that requires knowledge of DS4 libraries and its better if one of people who worked with the ScpControl.dll closely will make it.
As as Software Designer I can't say how important is to have proper architecture, and since we haven't discussed that yet its pointless to try make anything else other then reusable prototype.
i
(03-04-2014, 10:58 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: [ -> ]New version of DS4Tool!

I know you always make it clear, but you might want to change DS4Tool.zip to DS4ToolMockup.zip or something and maybe put the disclaimer at the top. Because, you know, people are people.
(03-04-2014, 11:08 PM)Thrice Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, it seems to be a syncing problem. I don't know why it wont sync correctly. If I click on the home key it will turn on and I'm able to move for a second but then it stops working.

Try using version 1.2.1. If that one works but buttons behave incorrectly then you are using non MS BT Stack. We only support it atm.
Does controller work fine without the tool running?
@InhexSTER Maybe it would help to put something like

Read this post and search before asking. Scroll down, bottom right. It's like Google

At the top of the OP?
First off - great product!

As of today, I tried this with wired - worked. I then tried with wireless and the pc sees the controller (properties allows me to press buttons) but as soon as I start this program, the light on the ps4 goes dark blue and the pc no longer accepts the controller inputs. Essentially the controller is dead and I need to remove it from bluetooth and add it back for it to function again. The DS4 program does see the bluetooth controller (it starts as normal) but no inputs are permitted.

Any idea? I'm on win 7 x64 btw
We really need to create a wiki, I just tied up with full-time job and DS4 development. Maybe any volunteers? We can open one up on Google code
I am also up for getting this tool its own website, with its own forum. So each issue can be discussed. separately.
@delt31
Sounds like maybe non MS Bluetooth stack as well, usually it shows wrong battery charge, touchpad doesn't work and so on. Or you just checking Wireless Controller where it should be X360 Controller
(03-04-2014, 11:10 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Would C++ or Java be able to communicate with that service? If not then we can't use that approach. As i stated earlier we are aiming at multilanguage support in our libraries . I am hopping to allow use of DS4Library not just in C#. If someone would want to write their own client / tray icon tool in language other than C#, but keep the service they have to be able to use existing communications. Thats why i was suggesting sockets as it multilanguage

I'm using a NamedPipe to communicate and yes, it's usable also in C++/Java.
The only downside is that i'm using a built in system called WCF that handle security, instantiation and such, and it shouldn't be available to other platform.

Reverting it to a barebone namedpipe socket it's an easy task that could be done later.
InhexSTER 1.3
Windows 7 x64
Hide controller is enabled
BT/USB

Bug report: Whenever I press L2 + Touch Pad Button to disable the touch pad, both the left and right mouse buttons appear to get stuck. If I move the mouse around in my internet browser after turning the touch pad off it will highlight the text (similar to holding the left mouse button down), and if I'm at the desktop then I see the blue box that Windows 7 has when you drag the mouse around with the right mouse button down. The problem goes away if I press any mouse button.

Edit: Great job on the software, everyone. I'm enjoying it quite much.