..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I think I almost have it but its still reading wireless controller while also reading xbox 360 controller. I have it plugged in via usb. How do I make it stop showing the wireless one, because I see you have it clearly stated in dark souls that you must only have the 360 one showing. Thanks for your help.
(03-09-2014, 08:08 PM)lostdj Wrote: [ -> ]This tool is _very_ messy for me.

TLDR: It freezes (no BSoD) the system to a completely unresponsive state.

Details:
DxDiag64: https://gist.github.com/lostdj/3d47a007c0b25a7f99b6

Connection type: both.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
DS4 Tool Version: 1.2.2 and 1.3 RC1.
Are you using Exclusive vs Shared mode ( is Hide DS4 Controller checkbox enabled): sometimes I don't even get to the point of switching this.

I had MotioninJoy drivers installed before for DS3 and before buying DS4. Yes, they are uninstalled.

DS4 itself with std drivers works just fine.

And with the tool:
Random freezes. Most often than not when the tool is launched for the second time since system boot, or by not following this steps: turn on BT, connect DS, launch the tool. And sometimes it freezes instantly, first time launched, hasn't done anything else yet.

v1.2.2: frozen glitchy sound; mouse doesn't work; both displays (I have two of them) are blacken out; CPU cooler spins up like it's trying to fly away from this planet.
1.3 RC1: most of the time sound is ok. if not, it's fixable by muting and unmuting it; displays may or may not blacken out. if not, everything may or may not become unclickable. and sometimes primary laptop display is blackened, while the second one is not. but it doesn't matter, because after a minute the system goes silent not responsding to anything; CPU cooler is fine.

I may have forgot to mention something, but that sums it up: I'm tired of reboots. Sad

Sounds like your Bluetooth adapter is crashing the system. We don't do anything special with it, just normal Bluetooth stuff. Do other Bluetooth devices work? Does it work in any way shape or form without the DS4 Tool?
I do not understand why it keeps showing the wireless controller and xbox 360 controller in devices and printers. It is stated to specifically only have the xbox360 controller showing. How do I get the wireless one to turn off? I am on windows 7. I ve been at this for many hrs, I am stumped. Any help would be much appreciated,thank you.
(03-10-2014, 02:54 AM)conduitcore Wrote: [ -> ]I do not understand why it keeps showing the wireless controller and xbox 360 controller in devices and printers. It is stated to specifically only have the xbox360 controller showing. How do I get the wireless one to turn off? I am on windows 7. I ve been at this for many hrs, I am stumped. Any help would be much appreciated,thank you.

Don't suppose during your trials you came across the 'Hide DS4 Controller' checkbox in the wrapper? The same checkbox this thread has mentioned, oh, more than my total post count Smile

Edit: My apologies. Searched 'Hide DS4' in the bottom right and only 96 results were found Ohmy (so 3 less than my current total)
Did something change with the way the PS button is handled in 1.3 RC1? Having problems remapping it plain and with any combination of scan code or repeat.

When mapped to the 'x' key it produces this in this text window: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.

It's longer when scan code is enabled: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.

Didn't have any issue with 1.2.2.
(03-10-2014, 02:29 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]...

> Sounds like your Bluetooth adapter is crashing the system.
I don't think so. It kills the system in USB mode, too.
> Connection type: both.

> Do other Bluetooth devices work?
Yes.

> Does it work in any way shape or form without the DS4 Tool?
Yes.
> DS4 itself with std drivers works just fine.
Ok, got it working with Bully again. The option for it in-game got turned off somehow. Don't know how it happened, but whatever, that's not my problem now.

As I said in a previous post, whenever I clicked Stop on the DS4Tool GUI, it would stop emulating the 360 controller. However, that would also cause the controller itself to stop working. Even turning it off and on won't make it work again. The only way to get the system to recognize the controller is to turn the laptop itself off and back on.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling both the Bluetooth HID and the Scp Bus drivers under Device Management, but that didn't work either. I'm still using 1.2.2, and as I previously said, this didn't happen before.

Also, when I click on Hide DS4 Controller while it's emulating the 360 controller, it would just outright stop detecting any controllers. When I turn the Hide function off, it starts emulating the 360 controller again.
Okay, this is sounding more like there is an issue with using ScpVbus on these systems. The "Hide DS4 Controller" option is _not_ going to work while you have programs like Steam or Uplay or FFXIV running which automatically bind to every single controller in the system. Seems like there needs to be a debugging version that does nothing with X360 controller emulation that just attempts to prove that the issues with system lockups are not related to Bluetooth or USB or the DS4 Tool itself. I don't know if anyone is willing to try and run something like that just to see if the hangs disappear.
Last time I checked, selecting 'Hide DS4' option left both the Wireless Controller & XBOX 360 Controller in Devices window, and everything worked as expected - just like having only a wired 360 controller plugged in Smile.. Like Electrobrains said tho, it only works with programs like Steam closed. In my experience, if you check 'Hide DS4' option, and you still see both the controllers in Devices window, then it should be working. If you have any apps open that interfere, then the 360 controller is removed from Devices window (when selecting the 'Hide DS4' option), well that's what happens for me at least.
(03-10-2014, 10:20 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, this is sounding more like there is an issue with using ScpVbus on these systems. The "Hide DS4 Controller" option is _not_ going to work while you have programs like Steam or Uplay or FFXIV running which automatically bind to every single controller in the system. Seems like there needs to be a debugging version that does nothing with X360 controller emulation that just attempts to prove that the issues with system lockups are not related to Bluetooth or USB or the DS4 Tool itself. I don't know if anyone is willing to try and run something like that just to see if the hangs disappear.

I agree with the need for this. A barebones sort of setup or one with less efficient but very detailed logging which saves to a file they can send us. Especially with external (Native Methods & ScpVBus) calls.