..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As promised, I finally got a physical-mouse-button mode into what is more-or-less the mainline. I like physical buttons for the mouse because it feels natural -- when I use a touchpad, I don't really do the "tap" thing. I have a touchpad/keyboard combo with a physical click much like the DS4's touchpad. This is largely the same as the 1.3RC1 InhexSTER posted but I have changed around how touchpad modes work, and removed a possible source of periodic latency from the fastpath for normal input (mouse input is not a fastpath, for what it's worth.)

By the way, I intend to add a mouse mode that uses motion controls, similar to how a WiiMote moves a cursor. I am thinking up something that combines those with touchpad controls for greater accuracy.

Log message

Add the promised touchpad-with-physical-buttons mode similar to what
was in the electrobrains 1.2 branch. While your finger is on the
touchpad, L1/R1 and Left/Square act as a left mouse button, Up/Down
and Triangle/Cross act as middle, and Right and Circle act as right.
Lifting your finger causes the button to lift if it is still held.
Mouse scrolling exists but there is no jitter compensation for this
touchpad mode right now.

Switch to the contributed DS4 icon, gotta search the thread to find
the author and give proper attribution.
Hi there,

Thanks for this amazing tool! The DS4 is such a great controller, I love being able to use it for my PC.

However I am having a big issue with any version after the first. If I use the original DS4Tool.zip it works prefectly, but all newer versions fail.

I believe 1.1 and 1.2 do actually connect but the controller is all messed up, like the right stick is constantly pushing up and to the left.

Here is what the properties window looks like when no buttons are being pressed -

[Image: DS4tool3.PNG]

Also changing any of the settings does not seem to do anything, light bar does not change and touchpad is unusable.

Now if I try 1.2.2 I get this error -

[Image: DS4tool2.PNG]

And a very similar but different message in 1.3 RC1 -

[Image: DS4tool1.PNG]

Please help. I am at a loss as to what I need to do to get the later versions working.

THANK YOU
(03-10-2014, 10:20 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, this is sounding more like there is an issue with using ScpVbus on these systems. The "Hide DS4 Controller" option is _not_ going to work while you have programs like Steam or Uplay or FFXIV running which automatically bind to every single controller in the system. Seems like there needs to be a debugging version that does nothing with X360 controller emulation that just attempts to prove that the issues with system lockups are not related to Bluetooth or USB or the DS4 Tool itself. I don't know if anyone is willing to try and run something like that just to see if the hangs disappear.

Just tried using the Hide Function while Steam, Origin and Firefox were closed. Still had the same result. Cancel that, it seems to be inconsistent. It wouldn't work at first, then I turn off the controller, turn it back on, run DS4Tool, try Hide mode, and it works. Turn off hide mode, controller still works fine. Turn Hide on again, and it stops working, but turn it off and it emulates the 360 pad again. Turn Hide on yet again, and it starts to work again. All while Steam and Origin are closed.
(03-10-2014, 05:16 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I intend to add a mouse mode that uses motion controls, similar to how a WiiMote moves a cursor. I am thinking up something that combines those with touchpad controls for greater accuracy.

Just a suggestion, but how about use sixaxis when the touchpad/click is pressed down, as in when your dragging something. Since The touchpad isn't infinite in length I tend to reach the end of pad before I finished moving the item.

You could also do that touchpads do when you double tap the touchpad to drag (when you reach the edge of the pad the mouse automatically moves in that direction).
Hey @electrobrian's since we are now working on one branch of code, we shouldn't be posting same releases twice. Is it latest build from or before my changes today?

To everyone once i get a chance to test out latest build in few hours i will be posting a new build of 1.3 RC2

Main fixes:
BT device now will time out if connection is lost ( 10 sec hold of PS button or too far from PC)
This will prevent freezing issues and some others with DS4Tool after device was disconnected
Hopefully some improvements with ScpVBus issues also related to issues fixed above.
Of course all touchpad modes from electrobrains.
(03-10-2014, 07:22 PM)parabolee Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
Please help. I am at a loss as to what I need to do to get the later versions working.
THANK YOU

You might be using non Microsoft BT dongle, that's why inputs are messed up. Atm we supports only MS Stack dongles in newer versions.

So disable/enable Scp V bus device (mentioned few pages back) in device manager. Then try USB if it works than you might want to wait for us to find a solution for your BT dongle or buy one that supports Microsoft based drivers.
(03-10-2014, 08:48 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]You might be using non Microsoft BT dongle, that's why inputs are messed up. Atm we supports only MS Stack dongles in newer versions.

So disable/enable Scp V bus device (mentioned few pages back) in device manager. Then try USB if it works than you might want to wait for us to find a solution for your BT dongle or buy one that supports Microsoft based drivers.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

How do I know if a BT dongle supports MS stack? This is the one I have -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833340012

Which one of these supports MS Stack? -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...isNodeId=1

Thank you so much!
I Iam 100% sure that Asus BT-211 works with it. Your's is Toshiba stack dongle it seems.
(03-10-2014, 08:19 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Just a suggestion, but how about use sixaxis when the touchpad/click is pressed down, as in when your dragging something. Since The touchpad isn't infinite in length I tend to reach the end of pad before I finished moving the item.

You could also do that touchpads do when you double tap the touchpad to drag (when you reach the edge of the pad the mouse automatically moves in that direction).

I think that first suggestion sounds great. I'd like to hear all of everyone's ideas for motion controls. For example, scrolling I could see being done by having two fingers on the touchpad and instead of dragging them, just pointing the DS4 upward or downward to pan (or tilt left or right) to mouse-wheel pan. I'd also like to add zoom support, and of course eventually I am going to make it possible to map a number of things to different touchpad areas. I am more concerned with making it work well as another way to get input into games, like camera controls, though, than I am concerned with simply its use as a pointing device. Some of the more complex operational modes will probably not show up until 2.0.
Regarding a continuous drag, i think best solution is to take into account 2nd finger. So if its put down you can have 1 finger down indicating a hold (mouse down) and 2nd finger to move and object around, so as long as you don't lift 1st finger you can keep moving object with 2nd finger