..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone help with my problem please?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XI...#pid360096
(03-12-2014, 08:25 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

Seems its been ages since I've posted any standalone (not part of the main release) revisions. Just thought the Options window could use an overhaul since all those extra controls were thrown in there. They did not resize very happily before. So here's my 2c before the next big change:

[Image: 2aje79v.png]

Edit: This change is shown committed here: https://code.google.com/r/nand-ds4tool-h...t?name=dev

Ooh, could you make another change since you're good at getting the GUI stuff cleaned up: make the label for the sixaxis stuff a checkbox that turns on and off the update of that display, so people can see their sixaxis data (not that it is perfectly necessary, but you never know when a controller might not be calibrated and you want to figure that out.)
can someone explain the low battery color options? Seems like there are 3 or 4. There is a check box underneath the sliders and color setters. How do I get it to be blue when full and a diff color when it needs to be charged?
(03-12-2014, 09:34 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, could you make another change since you're good at getting the GUI stuff cleaned up: make the label for the sixaxis stuff a checkbox that turns on and off the update of that display, so people can see their sixaxis data (not that it is perfectly necessary, but you never know when a controller might not be calibrated and you want to figure that out.)

I think the reason InhexSTER disabled it was due to it exposing the data publically (so that Options can see it). When it was just the accelerometer (at an accuracy of less than 100 units) it wasn't much of a security issue, but showing the full range of each of those measurements could potentially allow that whole 'detect keystroke' vulnerability.

Perhaps we can add an 'ExposedState' to the ScpDevice* class which only gives enough information for:
1. Sixaxis data to be shown with limited accuracy
2. Current control State only in terms of true/false**

* Edit: (Its called DS4Control.Control now)
** For Custom Mapping to highlight the drop down when you press a button

Otherwise, yes, we can just hide it.
(03-12-2014, 09:44 PM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]can someone explain the low battery color options? Seems like there are 3 or 4. There is a check box underneath the sliders and color setters. How do I get it to be blue when full and a diff color when it needs to be charged?

When the "set low battery-light color" box is checked, the RGB sliders will set the "low" color; when unchecked they set the full color. Alternatively, click the two color boxes for a photoshop-style color picker for each (to enable this, check "light bar color indicates battery level"; otherwise the controller will just light up as the main color and then flash to indicate low battery).

---

On an unrelated note, is there a master list compiled of "Bluetooth adapters known to work with DS4Tool properly"?

I tried some Asus BT4.0 USB adapter and the data throughput was seriously slow; the mouse was unusable. InhexSTER suggests BT 2.1+EDR, but the EDR spec is evidently dead and I have no idea how BT manages data throughput nowadays. I'm sick of my controller disconnecting itself and I'd like to go full wireless but I don't know what adapter to pick.

If there's no master list yet, if people who have BT working flawlessly can report their make and model of adapter I can start compiling it at least.
thanks for the explanation on the power.

What is perform jitter compensation? Should I keep that checked? and what is hide dual shock option?
Do you think it would be possible to add an option so that when you press ps+options or hold ps button for 10 sec that it will also stop and Close the tool???
yeah i disabled sixaxis because its not much use in options also you guys i guess haven't come to conclusion yet on how to handle raw data. I feel we can add another state to ds4library for all 6 axis and make a separate event for when the values change
(03-12-2014, 11:39 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i disabled sixaxis because its not much use in options also you guys i guess haven't come to conclusion yet on how to handle raw data. I feel we can add another state to ds4library for all 6 axis and make a separate event for when the values change

I only brought it up because people keep asking why it's not moving anymore... when it's not like we were doing anything with it anyway. I think now that the code is in there describing the sixaxis sensor data fields we can just purge it from the UI instead?
(03-12-2014, 11:48 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I only brought it up because people keep asking why it's not moving anymore... when it's not like we were doing anything with it anyway. I think now that the code is in there describing the sixaxis sensor data fields we can just purge it from the UI instead?

I actually already put it back through a composite wrapper on DS4State through which we can filter what we want 'public'. For now its one to one pretty much, but I think just a true/false on buttons (including L/R2) and perhaps a dumbed-down version of sixaxis (the simple version I first put up with only accel X and Y). The current version in any case is too sensitive to be useful (judging from the insights in the Options comments). Would think it better to move it to custom mapping as well.

Was planning on it being accessible in Custom Mapping (although binding keys to it sounds pointless, some have expressed interest in it). Maybe we could allow its use based on this same hotkey principle as everything else: Press the hotkey and whatever bound XInput axis will now come from the accel.