..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is small update, RC3
It mainly focuses on fixing possible DS4 tool crashes and some other bugs that could have caused controller
never be available again until reboot or re-pairing controller again.

The link in few posts bellow or in my signature
(03-13-2014, 01:54 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is small update, RC3
It mainly focuses on fixing possible DS4 tool crashes and some other bugs that could have caused controller
never be available again until reboot or re-pairing controller again.

I see you left out my Options window fixes Ohmy

No worries, have added the changes you made to my branch now. This again enables sixaxis data (but you can un/hide it now).

Will later use the simplified version I had earlier and start linking up Custom Mapping to highlight whatever button you press while it is open. Sixaxis will probably only go there in terms of X/Y Accel and only really for basic axes like Left/Right stick or possibly also L/R 2.

Here's RC3 with the Options fixes Smile
@HecticSeptic, Shoot me pm with your gcode email and i will a add you as a committer on google code, so there won't be a need to keep going between projects.
I think we should have accelerometerChanged and gyroChanged events (not sure if we personally would use them) being triggered and have gyro/acc in DS4 device and not in the state class. Also it depends where to store them and how expose them depending on the processing of raw data
Edit: Accidentally uploaded a bogus archive with DS4Service not DS4Tool, the .zip has been corrected.

(03-13-2014, 02:56 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]@HecticSeptic, Shoot me pm with your gcode email and i will a add you as a committer on google code, so there won't be a need to keep going between projects.

I just added support for two different touchpad binds in ButtonMouse mode. I want to do the up-to-nine-button support soon, so I need something extended from the current keybind GUI. Right now, ButtonMouse mode is pretty complex but supports the same number of extra keybinds as regular Mouse mode... they're just different.

Pushing with two fingers switches you to and from Button Lock. Button Lock makes e.g. L1/R1/D-pad-Left/Square all act as Left Click even without a finger resting on the touchpad. There is haptic feedback for each different gesture so you know it's doing something.

This lets me bind e.g. all of Del, Backspace and Tab and have those available as Push-To-Talk or whatever keys. Any ambiguous space is treated the same as the Upperpad binding. The right side of the pad is bound to Multitouch.

BTW how could the events ever be null?

https://code.google.com/p/ds4-tool/sourc...a&name=dev#
(03-13-2014, 03:07 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]BTW how could the events ever be null?

In case if event is triggered before += handler_method is executed. As there are no event handling methods assigned

Here is RC3 with latest elecrobrains changes and another NullPointerException (possibly a crash) fix that can occur during hot plugging.
Having a weird issue version-wide, ever since I tried RC2. Hide DS4 Controller is not working properly, even though I did the steps in the right order. At this point, checking the box with Steam and all other controller using applications makes the controller disappear and provides a lovely error message "Can't open DS4 controller. Try quitting other appliactions." even when I've quit everything. Also, if it is working and I use Steam big picture, maybe a game or too, and then with steam still running, launch Uplay, it breaks the Hide DS4 option and I get the same error. I didn't change anything other than open Uplay.

Also, DS4 tool will crash frequently when I toggle "Hide DS4" a couple times.

And just wondering, Heptic and Electrobrains, what are your Steam names? Fine if you don't want to share though
(03-13-2014, 03:18 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, DS4 tool will crash frequently when I toggle "Hide DS4" a couple times.

Try latest RC3 from me, it should fix crashes, with Hide DS4 is a bit tricky, It might take few moments before other app releases usage of DS4, especially uplay. Anyways try new version it should potentially have fixed your issues.

For other devs, try playing around with LogToTray method i added (you have to uncomment a line in ScpForm class ShowNotification to enable it). Thought maybe we can add this but wanted to show you first
(03-13-2014, 03:18 AM)raptor1138 Wrote: [ -> ]And just wondering, Heptic and Electrobrains, what are your Steam names? Fine if you don't want to share though

I honestly don't use Steam Laugh

(03-13-2014, 03:07 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I just added support for two different touchpad binds in ButtonMouse mode. I want to do the up-to-nine-button support soon, so I need something extended from the current keybind GUI. Right now, ButtonMouse mode is pretty complex but supports the same number of extra keybinds as regular Mouse mode... they're just different.

Did you build it on top of my latest commit? I just added it to mine if not. Also investigating a Drag Mode sort of Touchpad/Mouse type which allows doubletap as drag and lets you drag with a second finger after clicking the pad with one.

(03-13-2014, 02:56 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should have accelerometerChanged and gyroChanged events (not sure if we personally would use them) being triggered and have gyro/acc in DS4 device and not in the state class. Also it depends where to store them and how expose them depending on the processing of raw data

Yeah adding events for it would definitely be the way to go about it for us using them. At the moment its an extension to the state class (one which encapsulates and hides whatever we might want to from public access) so that we can show not only it but general dumbed-down state. We could technically have dumbed-down events instead. They are already in DS4 Device, not in the state class.

(03-13-2014, 03:11 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is RC3 with latest elecrobrains changes and another NullPointerException (possibly a crash) fix that can occur during hot plugging.

Added, phewf. Going to be good committing to one place.

Here's the latest again. Sorry about all the revisions tonight guys Smile

Edit: Updated attachment, Drag touchpad Mode allows pad click and drag with either finger and also introduces doubletap dragging. Tap twice without lifting your finger the second time (sensitivity depends on tap sensitivity) to keep the click held down until you take your finger off the touchpad. You can use a second finger (like pad clicking) to drag/select over longer distances. Normal tapping twice will still be a double click. Note that is a new mode for testing, and not officially part of the release as such.

Update 2: Made Double-Click with double tap easier
(03-13-2014, 03:33 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Try latest RC3 from me, it should fix crashes, with Hide DS4 is a bit tricky, It might take few moments before other app releases usage of DS4, especially uplay. Anyways try new version it should potentially have fixed your issues.

Tried it out. Seems to have fixed my problems, indeed.
RC3 is another excellent release. Button Lock is absolutely amazing.