..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-14-2014, 07:08 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]While there is a wait for the final prototype of the new UI, I want to focus on fixing/adding things that really matter, as first priority I will be working on expanding BT dongle support to non-Microsoft stacks (Toshiba, etc).
I am hoping that at least basic support will be available in 1.3 (quick disconnect might come later)

Increasing BT stack support range is definitely a high priority I would think as well.
I have the same Bluetooth adapter and it's working just fine. I was playing Dark Souls for 3 hours and everything's working just fine. I'm using windows 8.1 pro.
Also InhexSTER look up the lates rev of electro DS4Windows and the about section, he's a gentleman and a scholar.
Edit: It appears people are misreading "You" as something other than "Bliss." I am responding to the troll, "Bliss," not any other individual. BTW, just had to mention Dark Souls just to make the troll complete, didn't you, "Bliss?"

(03-15-2014, 11:28 AM)Bliss Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same Bluetooth adapter and it's working just fine. I was playing Dark Souls for 3 hours and everything's working just fine. I'm using windows 8.1 pro.
Also InhexSTER look up the lates rev of electro DS4Windows and the about section, he's a gentleman and a scholar.

Yes, do look at the About dialog. Notice that I don't care about "prestige" for my name in what is supposed to be a community project. Click the link for the Google Code project and you'll get linked to the thread for DS4Windows, which you'll notice links to this thread. If you look at the Source in the Google Code project, you'll see the entire history of its development post-fork from Scarlet.Crush's project.

Sorry if your ego-feeding game requires names of developers in About boxes, but I don't swing that way. I've been an Open Source/Free Software advocate for fifteen years, and I'm going to follow the original tradition of non-commercial software NOT containing a Credit Roll. If you think the credit for who has worked on the software has been lost to the annals of history already, then you are deluding yourself. It is always there in the git repository, even if these forums disappeared tomorrow.

Edit: Also, if you think this software would be in remotely the state it is today without my contributions, you are also deluding yourself. Shame on you for bringing drama rather than contributing anything helpful.
(03-15-2014, 12:39 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, do look at the About dialog. Notice that I don't care about "prestige" for my name in what is supposed to be a community project. Click the link for the Google Code project and you'll get linked to the thread for DS4Windows, which you'll notice links to this thread. If you look at the Source in the Google Code project, you'll see the entire history of its development post-fork from Scarlet.Crush's project.

Sorry if your ego-feeding game requires names of developers in About boxes, but I don't swing that way. I've been an Open Source/Free Software advocate for fifteen years, and I'm going to follow the original tradition of non-commercial software NOT containing a Credit Roll. If you think the credit for who has worked on the software has been lost to the annals of history already, then you are deluding yourself. It is always there in the git repository, even if these forums disappeared tomorrow.

Edit: Also, if you think this software would be in remotely the state it is today without my contributions, you are also deluding yourself. Shame on you for trying to cause strife just because you love drama.

Nice, we down to insults now, I hoped that if you are doing your own thing you won't bother me here. And truthfully you are kidding yourself, its you who have been less useful than even HecticSeptic. He at least implemented important useful features where you can only brag about your experience and how you know it all on performance. You've been on this project for about 2 month, when i worked on it for 4 already.
I've been working hard almost every day after 8 hrs shift staying very late up each night trying to make it work for everyone.

With people like you I am regretting my decision do go open source as you have absolutely no respect for the amount of work I put in this. It's clearly visible who did what from changelog history. Where I keep working and adding important, complex things all you can do is change variable names and implement touchpad modes and rainbows and other non-essential stuff that even high school kid can do. (Sorry people but I really don't think fancy rumble patterns and lightbar modes is that important)
And by the way if you using 1.3 code you are pretty much using mostly my code as it was me who took big chunk of time and wrote up a library that you so despise. So maybe if hate it so much you should go back and work from 1.2.2 release or write your own

You started doing this because you wanted donation in the first place, where i work on this because I wanted a tool and want it to be shared with everyone.

Regarding names in the project, i talked personally with Scarlet.Crush and he said it would be nice to have his name in the tool, I asked him even though he never forced any licences and any requirements when posting his source.

The reason I would prefer names to be in the tool (not just mine, Hectic also asked me to have his in originally) is because not as many people look at the git and check out who worked on it.
If you don't want the names and so on in your version, fine its your decision. I will keep your name as I still appreciate your a lot input on the project, unless you absolutely don't want me to.

I do like all the new features and stuff you are adding and THANK YOU for putting the nice features in, I just don't like how this smaller stuff keeps interfering with everything else in the project.

So please stop bothering me in here, I am not going into your thread posting opinions, so please do the same.

I hope this conversation is over.

If people really feel like my work here is not that important I will stop doing this.
(03-15-2014, 06:58 AM)TheBlueCrow Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of controller assignment, I believe DS4Tool prioritizes USB connection over bluetooth. I was having trouble with getting my bluetooth controller recognized as player 1 when I had a USB controller plugged in.

Is anyone else using an Asus USB-BT400 bluetooth adapter? I'm using version 1.3 RC3 on Windows 7 x64, and my controller gets disconnected randomly after using it for a while (<30 minutes). The light bar would still be on but it would not be recognized by DS4Tool. Other times, my input would be severely delayed. I tried out 1.2.2 too, and the controller gets disconnected as well.

Have you installed drivers from ASUS website? Atm tool will set controllers in the way they are hotplugged, or if you click start/stop it will list them in order windows returns them.
(03-15-2014, 06:26 AM)Nxtplz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I'm having troubles with this, i tried troubleshooting, (first it didn't work when i had it plugged in via charge cord, i thought it was because i needed a bluetooth connection) so i went and bought a bluetooth dongle and pair the controller up via bluetooth but i still cant get it to work, it says every thing is fine and what not, i've watch a ton of videos and done exactly what the video maker does and it just wont work, one thing i've noticed: is where it as your controller once you open up Scpserver, mine has all the info but then at then end instead of saying TRUE mine says FALSE (BT) , im guessing this is the problem, im wanting to use the controller for titan fall, please help Laugh P.S i've downloaded all the necessary things, one thing i noticed when i opened "microsoft accessory status" it'd give me this message: "This application was unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b) click OK to close this application"

I'm guessing the problem may lie there but i've repaired that folder twice now and have the same issue, help is muchly appreciated

please reply :o

Try using development version of 1.3 RC3 and let me know how it goes.
Maybe your Microsoft controller drivers somehow are not installing properly. Once you use 1.3RC3 maybe post screenshots if you still experiencing a problem
(03-15-2014, 01:27 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]You started doing this because you wanted donation in the first place, where i work on this because I wanted a tool and want it to be shared with everyone.

Regarding names in the project, i talked personally with Scarlet.Crush and he said it would be nice to have his name in the tool, I asked him even though he never forced any licences and any requirements when posting his source.

The reason I would prefer names to be in the tool (not just mine, Hectic also asked me to have his in originally) is because not as many people look at the git and check out who worked on it.
If you don't want the names and so on in your version, fine its your decision. I will keep your name as I still appreciate your input on the project, unless you absolutely don't want me to.

Grow up. I don't have any hidden motives. I have shared everything. You think anyone is going to make a living off of this software? Get real.

Yes, I absolutely want my name off of the About box. I was never comfortable with name-drops being in what should have been a StatusBar. Your petty insults mean nothing to me, but I don't want my name associated with your brand of fascism. Good day to you.
(03-15-2014, 02:15 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I absolutely want my name off of the About box.

Done.
I suggest we all keep a civil tone here.

@Inhexster : keep up the good work.
@electrobrains : Keep up the good work too. No need to annoy inhexster in his own topic. Keep yours, boast, brag, do whatever you want as long as you do it in your thread and in a civil way.

@both : as a general rule, don't feed the troll. Bliss obviously registered just to be a troll.
Hello, thank you very much to the fantastic team for this amazing tool. You guys are fantastic.

I don't know if it has been mentioned before (have been following the thread for several weeks and haven't seen it) but, is there any way to prevent 2 players appearing in Rayman Legends (uPlay)?

I'll explain myself:

- If I open uPlay with "Hide PS4 controller" option ticked, I can play Rayman Legends normally until there is any sudden disconnection of the controller. In that case, reconnecting would be impossible unless I quit uPlay entirely again.

- If I open uPlay with the "Hide PS4 controller" option unticked, the game will start in 2 player mode with controls going crazy. Chances are, the same happens in any uPlay game with 2-player mode.

Any potential solution for this?

In any case, the tool is already amazing. Software companies don't make a work as good as yours, guys. Thank you.