..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-16-2014, 02:35 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for reporting back with results of your testing! Is your Bluetooth dongle in plain sight or hidden from view? The DS4 controllers don't always seem to have the best range and it can make a very dramatic difference relocating your Bluetooth controller until signal to noise ratio is decent. We can probably build in a way of testing signal to noise ratio if we reverse engineer the rest of the DS4 protocol; we just need to find some way to know HID output reports were received.

My dongle is on a top front port. The only object between me and my system is the arm of my couch and I was about 7-8 feet away while I was using it. I will play around with some of my other bluetooth devices and see if there are any issues.

Again, it works great in USB mode. Good enough that I'd rather endure a wire then go back to my 360 pad. You guys are doing good work. Is there a link that highlights the changes and whats being worked on in the current beta version?
(03-16-2014, 04:12 PM)Elwood Wrote: [ -> ]My dongle is on a top front port. The only object between me and my system is the arm of my couch and I was about 7-8 feet away while I was using it. I will play around with some of my other bluetooth devices and see if there are any issues.

Again, it works great in USB mode. Good enough that I'd rather endure a wire then go back to my 360 pad. You guys are doing good work. Is there a link that highlights the changes and whats being worked on in the current beta version?
That is definitely enough to make a significant difference. I relocated my dongle upward so it is not even blocked by a bit of furniture and signal dramatically improved.
(03-16-2014, 04:15 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]That is definitely enough to make a significant difference. I relocated my dongle upward so it is not even blocked by a bit of furniture and signal dramatically improved.

Thanks, I'll play around with it.
I think it depends on the dongle, I have 2 computer both with built in BT, 1 is Asus P67 Pro motherboard and if i sit like 1-2 meters away on the couch and will be working ok, but if somehow something in the way its starts to lag, bad. My main machine with Asus Z87 Pro motherboard works flawlessly even if i am in different corner of the room, the singal is not even lost when i am 3 floors down but then there is some lag, but not as bad as my other computer with shorter distances.
DS4 is capable of about 1000hz report rate and i believe some dongles have lower signal so once you out of line of sight it cant keep up with such a high rate, so big portion of data is lost.
(03-16-2014, 04:36 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]I think it depends on the dongle, I have 2 computer both with built in BT, 1 is Asus P67 Pro motherboard and if i sit like 1-2 meters away on the couch and will be working ok, but if somehow something in the way its starts to lag, bad. My main machine with Asus Z87 Pro motherboard works flawlessly even if i am in different corner of the room, the signal is not even lost when i am 3 floors down but then there is some lag, but not as bad as my other computer with shorter distances.
DS4 is capable of about 1000hz report rate and i believe some dongles have lower signal so once you out of line of sight it cant keep up with such a high rate, so big portion of data is lost.

I'll look into a better dongle. Guess this is what I get for cutting some cost and getting a mobo without all the bells and whistles, but don't think the extra $195 for the extreme would've been worth the bluetooth. USB it is, you guy have any recommendations for a good receiver.
(03-16-2014, 06:04 PM)Elwood Wrote: [ -> ]I'll look into a better dongle. Guess this is what I get for cutting some cost and getting a mobo without all the bells and whistles, but don't think the extra $195 for the extreme would've been worth the bluetooth. USB it is, you guy have any recommendations for a good receiver.

Before you buy dongle look up what BT Stack it uses, atm the fully supported one is Microsoft one, i am not 100% sure but i think WIDCOMM (broadcom) also works. Toshiba is not supported yet.

I've got some progress on Toshiba stack, now you can use controller, all buttons work and touchpad.

2 more things i am working on with Tohsiba stack is retrieving MAC address of controller (unique ID) and output report (rumble and lightbar)

If you seing IndexOutOfBounds error over BT, your are most likely using Toshiba BT stack.
Is it possible to add option that create another virtual controller with use of axis from motion sensors only?
That way we can use sensor data in some emulators, especially in dolphin (wii emulator).
I'm sure this might have been answered before, and I tried searching the thread. Does anyone recommend a particular bluetooth dongle? I don't want to buy something that might have problems connecting with the controller.
First, thank u for this awesome tool.

Second, I have a problem with it. It works perfectly when I use the DS4 with usb cable but when I use it with bluetooth, DS4tool gives me the following error, what I must to do?

note1: It works with DS4Tool 1.0.0 but not all the functions (for example touch pad doesn't work).

note2: version 1.3RC3 also doesn't work (the same as 1.2.2)
version 1.3RC3 http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=49453

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at ScpControl.DS4Device..ctor(HidDevice device, Int32 controllerID)
at ScpControl.BusDevice.Start()

[Image: 888814y4.jpg]

PS: I am using Toshiba BT Stack. Is there any fix or replacement for this?