..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is new RC4

New changes:

Added support to mapping mouse movement to left or right stick.
Right now there is no control over sensitivity, please use in game sensitivity slider. (Overall this is very basic feature right now, better implementation is coming and with full control over it)

Added idle timeout over BT (20 min, will add gui control soon for exact time)

Some improvements under the hood.

Toshiba stack support:

Now its possible to use all inputs (including touchpad modes) on the controller over Toshiba dongles.
You will get a warning in the log if you are using not fully supported dongle.

LIMITATIONS of Toshiba support atm:
Don't expect rumble or lightbar to work!
Please Stop the tool before turning off controller! The tool might freeze otherwise.
Quick disconnect doesn't work.

I've been working also on other things that will not be released for a while
Thank you for the ongoing work with this program it's really appreciated.

I'm having some quirky issues though and I'm curious if everyone is having it or just me.
What is the <b>correct</b> process for turning the DS4 controller on and pairing with Windows after a reboot?

Do I turn the controller on, then open the DS4 Xinput wrapper, or should I be sure the Xinput wrapper is already open before turning the controller on?

I ask because I'm having ongoing problems where I seem to need to un-install and re-install the wrapper constantly to ensure it's working properly :/
(03-18-2014, 12:02 AM)ham_juggler Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the ongoing work with this program it's really appreciated.

I'm having some quirky issues though and I'm curious if everyone is having it or just me.
What is the <b>correct</b> process for turning the DS4 controller on and pairing with Windows after a reboot?

Do I turn the controller on, then open the DS4 Xinput wrapper, or should I be sure the Xinput wrapper is already open before turning the controller on?

I ask because I'm having ongoing problems where I seem to need to un-install and re-install the wrapper constantly to ensure it's working properly :/

Not the most convenient but the best way is to connect DS4 just by clicking PS button after you disconnect it, while the tool is off. You shouldn't need to re-pair every time.
Some issues (especially hotplug) were fixed since 1.3RC3 so try that version or newer, to see if issues were fixed.
(03-17-2014, 10:57 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet, looking forward to check it out in detail! I have a lot of experience with matters of license, so let me break down the freedoms of GPL affords you:
First of all, anyone may create a branch and release it as GPL, and anyone may also take the source code and use it privately, with or without modification. However, if the software is ever distributed again, it must be with the GNU General Public License and it may not be substituted with another version of the GPL or another license altogether without authoral consent.

The consent required for changing a license is basically just a written note, even an e-mail, but it must be from every novel contributor if they put their name in the copyrights. (This is one licensing complication that kept me from really thinking names in software code is appropriate.) Basically, this software and all derivatives are restricted to being GPL. The only way around this that I know of is simply using this software as a reference point to learn how the hardware/firmware works, and creating a new piece of software that does not share any of the code.

All of the Scp* software, and all of the DS4* software, on this forum is AFAIK "stuck" on the GPL now. That is one reason we often in the BSD circles call the GPL the GPV -- it spreads itself like a Virus by taking over host projects. Still, it is a very positive license in that it gives you legal teeth if someone steals the code and starts selling it as a product without releasing their source code modifications.

Donbabbeo, if you want to reserve the rights to code that you're writing now but want to integrate into the DS4 projects, make sure you annotate those files with a copyright that names yourself directly. That is an important protection and ensures that other people cannot easily try and sue you if you decide you want to change the license. You would want to be able to do have that option if you ever decided you wanted to take your code commercial. There's a reason I don't like dealing with the GPL, and that's simply that it marries you to the corrupt extant court systems of the land.

Cool, now i'm more confused than before Laugh

Put it even simpler: if you had the chance, would you keep LGPL or switch to another license? Biggrin
(03-17-2014, 11:46 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Here is new RC4

Thank u, Now it works with Toshiba Stack. Keep up the good work Smile
No one's had that (and said so) so far as I remember. Are you using any custom mapping at all? If you are please let us know exactly what it is (send us the mapping file) so we can reproduce it (although I don't own Titanfall). Does it still do it in the Xbox Controller Properties in Game Controllers (Controllers on the Wrapper)?
[/quote]

I am not using any custom mapping. Also using L1 and R1 in the Xbox Controller Properties does nothing to the X or Y axis, simply highlights the corresponding red button
(03-18-2014, 12:51 AM)Godboo Wrote: [ -> ]I am not using any custom mapping. Also using L1 and R1 in the Xbox Controller Properties does nothing to the X or Y axis, simply highlights the corresponding red button

Does this happen when touchpad is disabled?
(03-18-2014, 12:56 AM)InhexSTER Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen when touchpad is disabled?

Works fine with touchpad disabled, thank you!
[Image: 10h4lj9.png]

[Image: 2a7v6lv.png]

can you help please?
(03-18-2014, 03:29 AM)tenkashixd Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 10h4lj9.png]

[Image: 2a7v6lv.png]

can you help please?

Can you expand the window, the log is hidden