..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Windows 7 x64 and have a WIDCOMM driver based Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR dongle.

I really wish I had something more to give you guys to help figure out this disappearing application issue, but the only thing I got is that it only happens on 1.3+. 1.2.2 is perfectly stable.

Also, having disappearing controllers as well on 1.3. It's just acting bizarre for me and if you guys are having no problems, I really don't understand what it is I'm doing "wrong."
(03-20-2014, 04:24 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, here's progress on the new Custom Mapping:

THIS is awesome. Much better than the way it is now.
I can confirms that the DS4 1.3 beta have a disappearing issue after it paired up with the bluetooth. It stayed detected for 5 or 10 seconds and then disconnected. Though, I have to mention that it was working properly before or untili updated my bluethooth driver (which was when the problem started). I then uninstalled and used the default system driver but that still didn't resolve the disconnecting issue. I might have to make a new user account to see if that help remedy the issue.
(03-20-2014, 08:48 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirms that the DS4 1.3 beta have a disappearing issue after it paired up with the bluetooth. It stayed detected for 5 or 10 seconds and then disconnected. Though, I have to mention that it was working properly before or untili updated my bluethooth driver (which was when the problem started). I then uninstalled and used the default system driver but that still didn't resolve the disconnecting issue. I might have to make a new user account to see if that help remedy the issue.

I traded in my DS4 for a new one yesterday (to see if it would have better triggers) and I was greeted to an hour worth of effort getting it to pair. I think the Bluetooth pairing on the DS4 is just incredibly buggy. Keep at it. Try putting it right up next to the Bluetooth dongle if you have not tried that already.
(03-20-2014, 11:00 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I traded in my DS4 for a new one yesterday (to see if it would have better triggers) and I was greeted to an hour worth of effort getting it to pair. I think the Bluetooth pairing on the DS4 is just incredibly buggy. Keep at it. Try putting it right up next to the Bluetooth dongle if you have not tried that already.

So how are the new triggers? Do you see any difference in the dead zone?
(03-20-2014, 06:35 PM)TheBlueCrow Wrote: [ -> ]So how are the new triggers? Do you see any difference in the dead zone?

I notice no major difference, maybe only 2mm of play without sensor change versus 3mm for the prior ones. One person mentioned having some DS4 where almost half of the trigger was dead zone! The touchpad is also very sensitive, registering my finger around 1mm above it, same as the other one. The shell is excellent, zero flexing creak.
(03-20-2014, 04:24 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]In other news, here's progress on the new Custom Mapping:

Planning on removing all the dropdowns for a more minimalistic on-controller sort of view. We already have the buttons on the controller 'clickable' and 'right-clickable', but need to still sort out how this minimalist icon/box/zone on a button is going to look. Also, the image still needs a sharper edge and more detail in the analogue sticks.

Very nice thing you have going on. I hope you don't mind me proposing an idea. How about use two images of the DS4 the top of it and the back of it (with the triggers flipped) and to the side show the button name, what's it's assigned to, and the label to show "press a key to assign to." You will still need a drop down for some actions like mouse actions like movement, but overall it will be less cluttered. I made a very rough example:
[Image: vPOSu6Y.png]
[Image: pPhHIi2.png]
Or you could put all the keys in one dropdown instead of the just the sticks, but can pick the buttons via clicking them. Again just a rough idea I thought I'd throw out there, take it as you will.

EDIT:
Another option is going the Borderlands 2 Route, however you'll need a new angle/render of the controller and will be a bit cluttered, despicably if you show all directions of the stick and PS button:
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg?feature=og]
(03-21-2014, 05:27 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Another option is going the Borderlands 2 Route, however you'll need a new angle/render of the controller and will be a bit cluttered, despicably if you show all directions of the stick and PS button

Already going this route, all the buttons are visible. No need to have two images. Only thing is whether to squeeze icons/names into the space for each button, or to have medium thick, vector-style light blue (personally) lines linking each button to the function assigned to it. May do away with drop downs for this (visually) and just have labels in a matching font or system default. Then clicking these or the buttons will do the drop-down for example.
Just to make sure, there's no way to use the "Hide DS4 Controller" option with a Steam game, right? It works fine when I turn Steam off, but the moment I launch a Steam Game (which opens Steam) the controller disappears, and everything stops working.
(03-21-2014, 02:56 AM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I notice no major difference, maybe only 2mm of play without sensor change versus 3mm for the prior ones. One person mentioned having some DS4 where almost half of the trigger was dead zone! The touchpad is also very sensitive, registering my finger around 1mm above it, same as the other one. The shell is excellent, zero flexing creak.

Yeah that was me. I went through half a dozen DS4's before I landed on one that was "right" for me, and my triggers are insanely sensitive. One pair I had to squeeze them at least 1/3rd of the way down the full range of motion before the pull was detected on my PC. The controller I stuck with though? Sometimes just by having my right index finger on R2, I accidentally pull it a hair, and in some games that is enough to cause an action. Kinda annoying how sensitive it is lol.

Glad you got some improvement though, even if it's still not perfect. These controllers man. I love them, I love the look, the design, the feel, the potential build quality, but I hate the quality control on them. It's like, this could be the perfect controller, if it weren't for all the little manufacturing variances. This controller had 0 plastic creaking when I got it, but after 2 weeks, every time I pull on L2 I feel the plastic seam creak hardcore in my left palm. There's a ton of play between the two pieces and to someone like me who has mad OCD for this *****, it's incredibly jarring and makes me not want to use it Sad

I should really just break past my OCD and kinda abuse it like a normal casual person would. F*ck it right, it's just a piece of plastic and circuitry. It's not my child or something.