..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-21-2014, 06:12 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]Already going this route, all the buttons are visible. No need to have two images. Only thing is whether to squeeze icons/names into the space for each button, or to have medium thick, vector-style light blue (personally) lines linking each button to the function assigned to it. May do away with drop downs for this (visually) and just have labels in a matching font or system default. Then clicking these or the buttons will do the drop-down for example.

Yeah one image is much easier to handle. Just throwing more options out there but you could do a two lists one of them showing all the buttons the other showing what it's mapped to, pretty much like how most PC games allow you to customize keyboard controls. Clicking the button on the controller image also highlights it in the list and vice versa for clicking the list. The blue lines idea works, but I don't think trying to fit icons in the button will look too good, I could be wrong though.

Also if you want a new image, I will be remaking this image with color and all tomorrow:
[Image: Screen-Shot-2013-11-05-at-2.05.34-AM-620x400.png]
(03-21-2014, 08:09 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Also if you want a new image, I will be remaking this image with color and all tomorrow:

I'd prefer if you didn't remake it from scratch. Personally I'd be happier with you just improving on the current one. So if you're into graphics design and you want to contribute I can send you the original PSD with all the layers etc.

I suppose I'm also a bit attached to mine at this point as well, so perhaps its a bit selfish. If you really want to start from scratch and its mostly preferred I guess we'll swap it, but currently all the button positions are mapped out so you can click them and we'd have to do that from scratch, too.

Edit: Is there any demand for say, an ability to swap out both the custom mappings picture and the position mappings of each button? We could technically let you override these with, for example, including a CM.png (doesn't have to be png) and CM.map (which would just be a text file). The text file would basically have either a row for each button with several pairs of coordinates or would use XML.
(03-21-2014, 10:21 AM)HecticSeptic Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer if you didn't remake it from scratch. Personally I'd be happier with you just improving on the current one. So if you're into graphics design and you want to contribute I can send you the original PSD with all the layers etc.

I suppose I'm also a bit attached to mine at this point as well, so perhaps its a bit selfish. If you really want to start from scratch and its mostly preferred I guess we'll swap it, but currently all the button positions are mapped out so you can click them and we'd have to do that from scratch, too.

Edit: Is there any demand for say, an ability to swap out both the custom mappings picture and the position mappings of each button? We could technically let you override these with, for example, including a CM.png (doesn't have to be png) and CM.map (which would just be a text file). The text file would basically have either a row for each button with several pairs of coordinates or would use XML.

Here's something I would really like: I want to be able to associate multiple maps to a controller. For example, currently Touchpad Button Mouse Mode has Left/Square/L1/R1 left-click, Up/Down/Triangle/X middle-click, and Right and Circle right-click. I want to be able to assign that as the map associated with button shift/lock (button mode with the touchpad touched or after having entered button lock specifically) so that it can be a whole host of hotkeys.

The touchpad part I guess I would ignore the touchpad bindings from the main controller mappings and instead take them from the button mode shift mappings (and during button mode, setting one would set both maybe.) I really want to have more free-form ability to bind the touchpad because at a minimum six distinct hotkeys can be carved out of the touchpad face section, not including pushing the top curved portion counting as a touchless touchpad push.

Edit: In regards to your in-Edit-proposal, I'm thinking I'd really just want the ability to overlay some lines indicating the touchpad zones and the borders between them. I'd want to move those lines around to indicate a different number of zones if a person wanted to use only 1 hotkey on the touchpad-push-gesture, as opposed to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12... What exactly did you have in mind?
(03-21-2014, 08:09 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Also if you want a new image, I will be remaking this image with color and all tomorrow:
[Image: Screen-Shot-2013-11-05-at-2.05.34-AM-620x400.png]

Love it, seems to match perfectly with the metro style
(03-20-2014, 03:22 AM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]guys - this app works great but whatever I try, it still sometimes overrides the controller and makes it either move or be non responsive from time to time. It's seldom but it's as if the app stops and then starts or the controller drifts/non responsive. what could be causing this?

Any help on this?
This software has been working for me up until yesterday. It now crashes my computer whenever I plug in my PS4 controller. I haven't installed or changed anything at all. I literally have no clue why this randomly started. Any ideas?
so I believe I know what on the controller is acting up from time to time. It's definitely the left and right stick as it will cause my player (FPS - titan fall) to look left and right without me doing it or actually move without me doing it. It also happens in driving games and when I'M pressing left on the stick or right it won't respond and then does causing me to lose control . What might be causing this and can i adjust it in settings?
Using 1.3 RC4:
Severe memory leak in application, doesn't seem to always happen. This was left overnight and increased about 600K/s
[attachment=49583]

Also the application is incredibly finicky about exclusive rights, namely I need to shut down steam whenever I turn the controller on and put it on exclusive mode for Dark Souls. Is it possible you can make it more aggressive?

Lastly it has two weird bluetooth peripheral devices it tries to install but it doesn't work. Maybe it's related to the Bluetooth Service I installed with it (Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)) but I'm incapable of pairing the controller as so many tutorials tell me to yet it sticks with this service installed - otherwise it just seems to deinstall itself in seconds because it can't connect to DS4tool.

Edit: It's started leaking again, 1-2 megabyte per second. Seems to restore the log in memory constantly because I think the log is bigger than last time. Also is eating a whole CPU core for giggles.
(03-22-2014, 04:42 AM)delt31 Wrote: [ -> ]so I believe I know what on the controller is acting up from time to time. It's definitely the left and right stick as it will cause my player (FPS - titan fall) to look left and right without me doing it or actually move without me doing it. It also happens in driving games and when I'M pressing left on the stick or right it won't respond and then does causing me to lose control . What might be causing this and can i adjust it in settings?

As far as I can tell this is a design flaw. Sometimes the DS4 will incorrectly report that there is movement on one of the thumb sticks. This happens very rarely for me and the difference is negligible since it only happens when I'm not touching it and once I do it stops. It'll only be the very smallest amount it can go, and it won't stay one direction so it will look like jitter. One thing we can do is to implement a deadzone, which we can allow to be zero like it is now by default, and you can increase it if you're unlucky and got a bad controller.
(03-22-2014, 07:26 AM)cupcake420 Wrote: [ -> ]Using 1.3 RC4:
Severe memory leak in application, doesn't seem to always happen. This was left overnight and increased about 600K/s

Also the application is incredibly finicky about exclusive rights, namely I need to shut down steam whenever I turn the controller on and put it on exclusive mode for Dark Souls. Is it possible you can make it more aggressive?

Lastly it has two weird bluetooth peripheral devices it tries to install but it doesn't work. Maybe it's related to the Bluetooth Service I installed with it (Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)) but I'm incapable of pairing the controller as so many tutorials tell me to yet it sticks with this service installed - otherwise it just seems to deinstall itself in seconds because it can't connect to DS4tool.

Edit: It's started leaking again, 1-2 megabyte per second. Seems to restore the log in memory constantly because I think the log is bigger than last time. Also is eating a whole CPU core for giggles.

Exclusive access (hiding the DS4 DirectInput) can only be obtained if nothing else is using it. Forcing Steam to let go of it (off the top of my head, as far as I know) would entail dodgy unsafe manipulation of its memory space (I don't believe its allowed either). Unfortunately the only way we can get exclusive access is to do so before Steam takes hold of it, unless Steam is kind enough to implement an option not to open all (or any) game controller devices.

DS4 Tool doesn't install any devices, it only emulates the XInput of an X360 Controller through the ScpVBus. The driver installed - the ScpVBus - is what is used to achieve the XInput emulation.

Sony did not make the most user friendly (or perhaps even reliable) BT connectivity with the DS4 through pairing. What you are aiming for is a 'Wireless Controller' in devices which has an available service in properties which you should enable. I mentioned a youtube link ages ago in this thread which helped me to pair it, see if you can find it as I think it might help you as well.

I have not personally seen any evidence of memory leaks, despite running the wrapper overnight myself. While .NET provides us with Garbage Collection, preventing traditional memory leaks, there is still a risk of inefficient memory management which if serious can result in an Out of Memory exception (but I'm guessing you mean memory leak in purely the 'keeping something you're not using' sense). Since we do have some unmanaged platform invoking that would be one area where a real memory leak could happen. We would have to actually use Scitech's MemProfiler or similar (which I personally don't own) to really see, but could you elaborate on what circumstances this occurs? How often does it happen, if not so often then there should be something specific that triggers it?

Edit: (let's not triple post here)
Edit: Great, can't delete for some reason...