..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remove anything you added to the game folder involving xbox360ce or xbox360lib, these are completely separate tools from the DS4 Tool and will in fact interfere with it's operation.

(03-27-2014, 12:30 AM)HEPATITIS_420 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having a problem that hopefully someone here could assist with. I am trying to use my DS4 controller to play Call of Duty: World at war. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the DS4 tool (1.2.2) as well as xbox360ce, and xbox360lib and put the necessary files in the game folder. The game will recognize all buttons and they can be mapped, except for the motion of the joysticks. I watched the youtube video linked above, and after installing the driver from ScpDriver.exe I did not get anything in my devices and printers other than what was already there. I am assuming this is because the video was made for an older version of the tool, and the version I am trying to use does not behave the same way. I have also downloaded XInputTest, and checked that hide DS4 works. I have also tried this in game command into the console "exec default_controller.cfg" with and without hiding DS4, and get similar results (buttons will work, but not joystick motion). If anyone could give me some advice, or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!
I didn't install anything from here and do have a 360 wireless receiver driver installed (attached for testing a long time ago) and as I plugged in my PS4 controller, it installed as a Wireless controller under Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64 and in the properties, all buttons are functioning Ok. Except the touchpad and I still have to check if it rumbles
Guys i need help. The mapper does not find the controller
I'm having another issue. Whenever I check the "Hide DS4 controller box" the LED on the controller goes red, the program disconnects the controller and nothing related to the controller works at all unless I uncheck the box.
(03-27-2014, 10:18 AM)DoomerDGR8 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't install anything from here and do have a 360 wireless receiver driver installed (attached for testing a long time ago) and as I plugged in my PS4 controller, it installed as a Wireless controller under Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64 and in the properties, all buttons are functioning Ok. Except the touchpad and I still have to check if it rumbles

That's how the DS4 appears when you connect it. What this tool does is make the DS4 emulate an Xbox 360 controller, and enables rumble, touchpad support, and extra customization.
So, I set up DS4 Tool 1.3 RC3 and made sure the controller connected and worked in games. I then set Steam to not start when my computer boots. I then restarted and connected my controller and went into Big Picture mode. But unfortunately the analog sticks still do not work while in Big Picture. I did look in the settings and Steam recognizes the controller as an XInput device. Shouldn't it see it as an Xbox360 controller since that is what the tool is emulating? In my Devices and Printer's it shows an Xbox360 controller after I have started the emulator.
Well I decided to throw my hat into the ring and make my own branch of this wonderful tool. I'm no expert in coding so I didn't mess and probably never will mess with the functionality of the controller, however I decided to make my idea for the custom controller screen come to life. So in short I built off electrobrains newest build, and completely revised the custom mapping, much like hectic did/is doing. Yeah doing this will probably make it harder for the other devs to choose a style, but really I just made this for me, both as a gateway to learning visual studio and git-related stuff, and to see how far I could go. So without further adieu, my build:

As I said earlier this build is just a revamped custom controls screen, nothing more.
[Image: zhSdPJh.png]
It works as stated at the top, by clicking one of the buttons on the controller and that button will highlight, then like the last builds, press any key to assign it, the first item in the list to the right will show what it is now assigned to. This example shows the triangle button assigned to menu (alt key)
[Image: w4o7PM7.png]
Before you assign a key, the first item will also show what the button was last assigned to, while the second item in the list will show what is the default key for said button/stick, so you'll never lose track. The list of course is really there so you can select all the other actions you can't press, such as 360 controls and mouse actions.
[Image: yz0Vs42.png]
As I said, other devs can implement it as they like, I'll try to modify it as needed to. I also made a branch on code google so as soon as I figure out how to upload to it (give me like an hour, I haven't looked into how to yet). The download for my build is below, I hope you all enjoy!

EDIT: I have no idea if I did it right but I pushed a branch to my own clone or something along those lines, I hope that works Tongue: https://code.google.com/r/jays2kings-ds4.../?name=jay

ANOTHER EDIT: I merged electrobrains DS4Windows, and it would be rude to make a new post about it when he doesn't post builds here any more, however if InhexSTER also wants to use my custom mapping screen he's free to.

Download DS4Windows -J2K instead Changes: Merged with DS4 Windows 1.0 Alpha, has Hectic's tabbed options, and my Custom mapping ui. For those that used my ui before the touchpad mapping makes more sense and has a tip and repeat has a tip too. Also fixed a crash if you selected an item in the list before selecting a ps4 button.
I'm still having trouble with steam grabbing the controller on resuming from sleep instead of the ds4 wrapper. It's so frustrating! any ideas?
First of all: GREAT TOOL
Works good so far. Im just a little disappointed that the Controllers Audiojack doesn't work but I read you guys are working on it so keep on going!

A Problem i now had with my playstaton 4 Controller was, that the Tool doesn't always recognize the controller fully. It grabs the Controller and displays it in the Window but without a MAC Adress (00:00:00:00:00). However, pressing stop and then start again does help and after this I don't have a Problem anymore
It is a tad annoying so I actually would be so daring and would like to ask you to maybe add an option which does this automatically? Only if this would help more people than just me of course!

could look a little bit like: If Controller connects with Mac Adress 00:00:00:00:00 and if Controllers Battery is 0% (its always 0%, if i don't have 0% the controller works just fine even without a proper adress) then start Stop and Start again?

I'm not a programmer myself (yet) so i don't know if this helps you

edit: Version 1.3 RC4
edit 2: Mac now shows after reinstalling Bluetoothdrivers for another reason but Battery is still at 0%. only Stoping & Starting helps (Yes, already deactivated Steam & XBMC)

Anyway, great tool, rly looking forward to the Audiojack support! (Even only sound, no microphone would be awesome!!)
Hey. I have successfully connected DS4's using the USB method, but when trying to pair with bluetooth (v2.1) it succesfully adds the device, but the blue light never turns solid, only flashing for a while, until it turns back off.

Any ideas?