..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-01-2014, 03:24 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I asked because x360ce doesn't work with walking dead (last time I used it) and it was a problematic game to get a controller to work for if it didn't specifically read on the pc as a microsoft officially certified controller.

Is there anyway for you or anyone to verify this so that I won't go to the store to buy a ds4 and it not work for that game?

Using this tool, I was fully able to play Walking Dead with my Dualshock 4. Not every game works with x360ce, even if the game supports 360 controllers.
(04-01-2014, 04:46 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Using this tool, I was fully able to play Walking Dead with my Dualshock 4. Not every game works with x360ce, even if the game supports 360 controllers.

Thanks. Is there a game list somewhere of any games that don't work with this?

Also, can I use Durazno with this (to have trigger deadzone control) and is there an option to switch dpad to analog stick and vice versa?
(04-01-2014, 04:51 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Is there a game list somewhere of any games that don't work with this?

Also, can I use Durazno with this (to have trigger deadzone control) and is there an option to switch dpad to analog stick and vice versa?

I don't use Duranzno but this program has a built in deadzone control for the triggers, and you can map all the parts of the dualshock controller to any part of the 360 controller, as in yes you can map the dpad to the analog stick and vice versa.
Excellent. +1
Just got a ds4 controller. Works very nice. Only 4 issues though:

-Real-Time changes checkbox doesn't stick (everytime you go out of the menu, it is automatically unchecked).

-We need a hotkey for switching the dpad/left analog stick. Old games tend to read the dpad as the analog stick. Logitech controllers have this option. L2+R2+L3.

-gyro controls never reach the maximum distances on the scale.

-No analog stick deadzone settings. We need this for when the analog sticks wear down and the neutral position becomes a moving position. We need this to have that not happen when the controller gets old.

Can these be solved?

EditTongueroject64 with pokopom has issues with Rumble and with having the select button being pressed on start which brings up a texture view window in-game.
Edit2: Sleeping Dog's camera keeps rotating and using the dpad to navigate the menu results in moving 2 spaces instead of one when moving up and down. Similar thing happens with Deus Ex, the fall.
Edit3:RE6 keeps switching between direct input and xinput and button mapping keeps switching around.

(May have to take the controller back to the store if issues can't be resolved Sad )
(04-01-2014, 03:24 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I asked because x360ce doesn't work with walking dead (last time I used it) and it was a problematic game to get a controller to work for if it didn't specifically read on the pc as a microsoft officially certified controller.

Is there anyway for you or anyone to verify this so that I won't go to the store to buy a ds4 and it not work for that game?

i don't know if you're talking about Season 1 or 2 but i've tried using my DS4 in TWD Season 2 and it works though i still prefer using the mouse.
(04-01-2014, 07:27 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a ds4 controller. Works very nice. Only 4 issues though:

-Real-Time changes checkbox doesn't stick (everytime you go out of the menu, it is automatically unchecked).

-We need a hotkey for switching the dpad/left analog stick. Old games tend to read the dpad as the analog stick. Logitech controllers have this option. L2+R2+L3.

-No analog stick deadzone settings. We need this for when the analog sticks wear down and the neutral position becomes a moving position. We need this to have that not happen when the controller gets old.

Can these be solved?

EditTongueroject64 with pokopom has issues with Rumble and with having the select button being pressed on start which brings up a texture view window in-game.
Edit2: Sleeping Dog's camera keeps rotating and using the dpad to navigate the menu results in moving 2 spaces instead of one when moving up and down. Similar thing happens with Deus Ex, the fall.
Edit3:RE6 keeps switching between direct input and xinput and button mapping keeps switching around.

(May have to take the controller back to the store if issues can't be resolved Sad )

Hello there !

Real-Time changes are not that important to stay selected, it's only one click.
If you want Dpad to Analog Stick you can use xpadder.
Gyro Controls reach maximum for me, not that it matters while you're using it on PC since Ximput dont have gyro controls.
In some games you can set the deadzone but yeah it could be useful.

I've never used Project64 but I was playing sleeping dogs and RE6 both were working flawlessly, and I had no problems.
Which version of the tool are you using ?

I've played The Walking Dead with my DS4 using DS4Tool.
Dead-zone calibration and compensation would be useful in some cases, but in most games, you can just control your sensitivity to find a good setting. I will probably work on it, as I have some specific ideas, but it is not a high priority. The sixaxis controls indicate gravitational force... you shouldn't see higher than about 1.0 or lower than about -1.0 while the controller isn't moving about wildly. No one else seems to be interested in implementing motion controls, so unless you want to contribute in that area, it is going to remain a low priority. It is very hard to make sensible use of motion controls in games that do not already account for them... all we can really do is map them to mouse or Xinput readings. Doing this in a remotely-useful fashion means having different settings for each and every game.

It sounds like your other issues would best be solved by running the program in exclusive mode ("Hide DS4 Controller"). You can expect to see the DS4Windows version allow you to switch controller mappings and modes on-the-fly in the future, but I can't speak to the development of DS4Tool anymore. So yes, if you wanted to make a mapping for reversing the analog and digital controls, you could do that, but you have to explicitly load/switch it right now.
(04-01-2014, 07:27 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a ds4 controller. Works very nice. Only 4 issues though:

Can these be solved?

Most of the issues you have with the games can be fixed by using the "Hide DS4 Controller" option. If you get an error from the program when trying to check the box make sure to exit any programs which may be using the controller at the time (Steam, Uplay etc), DS4Tool will tell you to do this if you read the output.