..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to put the left/right mouse click on L1/R1?
Clicking the toughpad causes the cursor to move, which is a major PITA in windows. I already lowered the sensitivity, but that only reduces the problem. Lowering the sensitivity any further would make the touchpad pointless due to the movement speed of the cursor.
(05-29-2014, 05:42 PM)LegitProfile Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to put the left/right mouse click on L1/R1?
Clicking the toughpad causes the cursor to move, which is a major PITA in windows. I already lowered the sensitivity, but that only reduces the problem. Lowering the sensitivity any further would make it pointless due to the movement speed of the cursor.

if you use one of the newer forks available they allow for mapping mouse buttons.
I'm currently using DS4Tool 1.2.2. Which one do i have to use and how do i map the mouse buttons?
(05-29-2014, 06:07 PM)LegitProfile Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently using DS4Tool 1.2.2. Which one do i have to use and how do i map the mouse buttons?

My, electrobrains, and J2Ks forks have that capability

(05-29-2014, 06:07 PM)LegitProfile Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently using DS4Tool 1.2.2. Which one do i have to use and how do i map the mouse buttons?

Be warned though, mapping it to non touchpad will make it hard to use the mouse in game, better off setting it to accept taps as well instead of actual pushes (like a real track pad operates)
(05-29-2014, 08:47 AM)jfb9301 Wrote: [ -> ]You could reboot the computer in safe mode, and then in device manager you could click the option "show all devices." This would allow you to uninstall the drivers for any device, even ones not currently plugged in.

After a reboot, you could then do a fresh install of the drivers.

Rebooted in safe mode and rebooted with driver signature authority off and went to Device Manager, show hidden devices, with the DS4 plugged in via usb and there is no HID game controller listed. If I go through and uninstall all HID devices, then plug each in one by one again, could that work?
Whenever I go to connect the controller via bluetooth, whenever the device asks to connect to the system, I say next and then the light on the top of the controller goes off. Why is that? This works fine on my laptop as a bluetooth and works fine on both as a wired connection. Obviously, I'd like to play wirelessly.
hello.im new to this forum. i just wanted to now how you actually use a ps4 controller to play games such as blacklight retribution, ghost recon phantoms(steam) or crossfire. i have downloaded the ds4 tool and followed instructions. i open up scpserver everything works fine. i use the xinput tester and all controls work fine. whenever i get into a game not of the buttons, triggers... work on controller. only touchpad, which makes your character move and shoot. when i enter steam big mode i can use all my functions of my controller fine. do i need to map controls? if yes how do i do it? i am really confused. please help
(05-30-2014, 05:49 AM)Devilsfanatic Wrote: [ -> ]Whenever I go to connect the controller via bluetooth, whenever the device asks to connect to the system, I say next and then the light on the top of the controller goes off. Why is that? This works fine on my laptop as a bluetooth and works fine on both as a wired connection. Obviously, I'd like to play wirelessly.

Make sure you have the HID box checked thats referenced in that video, otherwise your DS4 has no services that the DS4 Tool can use.

(05-30-2014, 09:00 PM)rohan-v-123 Wrote: [ -> ]hello.im new to this forum. i just wanted to now how you actually use a ps4 controller to play games such as blacklight retribution, ghost recon phantoms(steam) or crossfire. i have downloaded the ds4 tool and followed instructions. i open up scpserver everything works fine. i use the xinput tester and all controls work fine. whenever i get into a game not of the buttons, triggers... work on controller. only touchpad, which makes your character move and shoot. when i enter steam big mode i can use all my functions of my controller fine. do i need to map controls? if yes how do i do it? i am really confused. please help

As long as you set everything up right its should work out of the box, the issue with these older versions of the tools is there isn't much documentation and a lot of unexplained parts. Did you also make sure controller is set as the input device in the game itself, some games still dont do this automatically.
(05-30-2014, 09:03 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]

Make sure you have the HID box checked thats referenced in that video, otherwise your DS4 has no services that the DS4 Tool can use.

As long as you set everything up right its should work out of the box, the issue with these older versions of the tools is there isn't much documentation and a lot of unexplained parts. Did you also make sure controller is set as the input device in the game itself, some games still dont do this automatically.

ALSO THAT HID THING IS FOR WIRELESS CONNECTION IM USING WIRED CONNECTION
how do you do that? i went the games controller setting such as crossfire, blacklight and ghost recon phantoms. but theres no option to change to controller just keyboard settings
(05-30-2014, 09:22 PM)rohan-v-123 Wrote: [ -> ]how do you do that? i went the games controller setting such as crossfire, blacklight and ghost recon phantoms. but theres no option to change to controller just keyboard settings

A quick search of those 2 games showed that they either have no 360 support or flaky at best. You can use a newer version of the tool that supports km/mouse mapping though and still be able to play that way.