..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting this error when trying to run scpdriver.exe:

SCP Virtual Bus Driver Installer 1.0.0.103 [4/06/2014 5:09:36 PM]

Detected - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536 x86)
Could not find a valid configuration.

The force install check is also greyed out.

Any help would be great.
Can I turn off the light bar of the DS when not used? It bothers me greatly.

Thanks in advantage.
(06-04-2014, 11:11 AM)ThatTwirp Wrote: [ -> ]I keep getting this error when trying to run scpdriver.exe:

Any help would be great.

I've just started work yesterday on trying to improve the SCP driver installation process, I also am now using VM box to test on varying OS's so Ill take a look at whats causing your issues.
I've been looking for an answer but haven't seem much on this part of the install.

I recently reinstalled windows 8.1 and just now thought to reinstall the scpdriver package but i keep getting an error with every single version i can find. When i run scpdriver.exe i get the windows that states my version of windows and it seems ready to go but when i hit the install (or un-install for that matter) windows immediately claims it has stopped working and closes the program with that classic little "ScpDriver has stopped working" text box.

I know this all worked flawlessly before i reinstalled...so im not sure what is missing. I'm up to date on what i believe is everything windows would need but if anyone has an idea id love to hear it. (Im assuming its something that windows is missing since the reinstall)

I have indeed ran the exe as an admin and in every compatibility i can think of but every single version of the installer fails the same way.

Thanks much for any info because i absolutely love the DS4 system!
(06-04-2014, 09:02 PM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]I've been looking for an answer but haven't seem much on this part of the install.

I recently reinstalled windows 8.1 and just now thought to reinstall the scpdriver package but i keep getting an error with every single version i can find. When i run scpdriver.exe i get the windows that states my version of windows and it seems ready to go but when i hit the install (or un-install for that matter) windows immediately claims it has stopped working and closes the program with that classic little "ScpDriver has stopped working" text box.

I know this all worked flawlessly before i reinstalled...so im not sure what is missing. I'm up to date on what i believe is everything windows would need but if anyone has an idea id love to hear it. (Im assuming its something that windows is missing since the reinstall)

I have indeed ran the exe as an admin and in every compatibility i can think of but every single version of the installer fails the same way.

Thanks much for any info because i absolutely love the DS4 system!

if your running 8.1 then there are no prerequisites as 8.1 comes with everything you need except SCP and the tool, Ive been working on the SCP drivers trying to write one thats a little more compatible give the link below a try and remember to uncheck everything except Force Install.

http://dsdcs.com/attachments/Virtual%20Bus%20Driver.zip
(06-04-2014, 11:11 AM)ThatTwirp Wrote: [ -> ]I keep getting this error when trying to run scpdriver.exe:

Any help would be great.

Try this installer out:

http://dsdcs.com/attachments/DS4Tool(beta).exe
(06-04-2014, 10:16 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]if your running 8.1 then there are no prerequisites as 8.1 comes with everything you need except SCP and the tool, Ive been working on the SCP drivers trying to write one thats a little more compatible give the link below a try and remember to uncheck everything except Force Install.

http://dsdcs.com/attachments/Virtual%20Bus%20Driver.zip

alas i end up with the same result. Hitting install just immediately causes windows to claim its stopped working. Im not sure where the problem lies but i appreciate the try.

Im about out of ideas and usually i can figure out whats up but im at a loss as to why windows is flat out instantly crashing it.
(06-04-2014, 10:40 PM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]alas i end up with the same result. Hitting install just immediately causes windows to claim its stopped working. Im not sure where the problem lies but i appreciate the try.

Im about out of ideas and usually i can figure out whats up but im at a loss as to why windows is flat out instantly crashing it.

Im not giving up yet. Can you run the installer I sent then send me the log? It will be in the same dir as the exe.

Also, does the error give any other details?
(06-04-2014, 10:49 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Im not giving up yet. Can you run the installer I sent then send me the log? It will be in the same dir as the exe.

Also, does the error give any other details?

I checked the log but it only claims

Quote:SCP Bluetooth Driver Installer 1.1.0.139 [6/4/2014 10:46:36 AM]

Detected - Microsoft Windows 81 Pro with Media Center (6.2.9200.0 AMD64)
Selected DEFAULT configuration.

and unfortunately it has nothing in the way of errors. its one of those windows has crashed but we don't know why errors. So its crashing before it gets to do anything involving install or uninstall

[Image: error.jpg]
(06-04-2014, 11:22 PM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]I checked the log but it only claims

and unfortunately it has nothing in the way of errors. its one of those windows has crashed but we don't know why errors. So its crashing before it gets to do anything involving install or uninstall

[Image: error.jpg]

Ok, I'm going to try to get another version out tonight that does internal error handling, it should help me narrow it down. The odd thing is I created a fresh install win81 vm and it went perfect, so I gotta find out what's unique to your setup.