..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-05-2014, 10:49 PM)Ziggy4991 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having a similar problem. everything says it installs correctly but when I got to the SCPserver it says that it can't find a controller.

I did try this on another pc and it worked fine, but now even using the newest version I still can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

What does the log window specifically say?
Hey just letting you know i dove deeper into windows error logs and its coming up with a fault in the clr.dll which is a component of .net (which i know this thing needs to run) Ill be damned if i know how to fix it since the current .net is built into windows heavily...but hey at least i traced it down Smile
(06-06-2014, 02:45 AM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey just letting you know i dove deeper into windows error logs and its coming up with a fault in the clr.dll which is a component of .net (which i know this thing needs to run) Ill be damned if i know how to fix it since the current .net is built into windows heavily...but hey at least i traced it down Smile

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2640103

This is puzzling though as I develop on windows 8.1 and even test deployment in a fresh VM of 8.1 prior to each release, never had this issue...
yeah im ahead of you on that one but it comes back that it doesn't apply or is blocked by some other condition. Apparently MS thinking that .net was unbreakable wasn't a swell idea. Lord knows ive destroyed the .net system on a windows server before without trying very hard.

Edit: Im not sure whats up...best i can do is link you the offical crash log in the action center.

[Image: error2.jpg]
(06-06-2014, 02:56 AM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]yeah im ahead of you on that one but it comes back that it doesn't apply or is blocked by some other condition. Apparently MS thinking that .net was unbreakable wasn't a swell idea. Lord knows ive destroyed the .net system on a windows server before without trying very hard.

can .net be remove through windows features, or repaired through windows repair?
(06-06-2014, 02:57 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]can .net be remove through windows features, or repaired through windows repair?

yeah apparently in windows 8 its locked into the system now. I can turn on .net 3.0 and the like but never un-install or change the 4.5.1 it has installed now. I cant find much of a fix specificly for 4.5.1 for anything. Its kind of a grey area or id totaly reinstall it if i could

Edit: and no you cant just run the current 4.5.1 install because since its up to date it just claims its already installed.
(06-06-2014, 02:59 AM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]yeah apparently in windows 8 its locked into the system now. I can turn on .net 3.0 and the like but never un-install or change the 4.5.1 it has installed now. I cant find much of a fix specificly for 4.5.1 for anything. Its kind of a grey area or id totaly reinstall it if i could

hmmm, that crash shows the error comes from the SCP driver and not the DS4 Tool, did you by chance have the SCP driver already installed prior to installing my tool? I would recommend completely removing all traces of SCP driver and service and allow my installer to install it automatically, My app runs a slightly different version of SCPs stuff that does a little better error handling, maybe we can get it working or at least get a crash log that gives me some trace info.
(06-06-2014, 03:03 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm, that crash shows the error comes from the SCP driver and not the DS4 Tool, did you by chance have the SCP driver already installed prior to installing my tool? I would recommend completely removing all traces of SCP driver and service and allow my installer to install it automatically, My app runs a slightly different version of SCPs stuff that does a little better error handling, maybe we can get it working or at least get a crash log that gives me some trace info.

First thing i did when i got this computer up and running (well when i remembered id need to get the ol ds4 tool up and running) was start by running the SCPdriver.exe which i know has to be ran first to install the drivers before i used any DS4 Tool. Thats when i got the first error ive shown you.

Ive tried many different scp drivers after that (including your own) with the same exact problem.

Where by chance does it install the drivers if its possible to clean out by hand?

If only i could get the drivers installed id be ever so happy...id jam them in by hand if i could!!
(06-06-2014, 03:09 AM)Twillin Wrote: [ -> ]First thing i did when i got this computer up and running (well when i remembered id need to get the ol ds4 tool up and running) was start by running the SCPdriver.exe which i know has to be ran first to install the drivers before i used any DS4 Tool. Thats when i got the first error ive shown you.

Ive tried many different scp drivers after that (including your own) with the same exact problem.

Where by chance does it install the drivers if its possible to clean out by hand?

the drivers end up in the system32 folder and in the driver store, the bug you had earlier in my installer has been fixed in recent versions, and the SCP drivers now produce a crash log if there is an issue so we can hopefully narrow this down.

delete these reg keys and my installer should try to overwrite SCP.
[Image: 06.05.2014-21.12.png]

I also see a lot of articles suggesting windows update, worth a shot.
(06-06-2014, 03:13 AM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]the drivers end up in the system32 folder and in the driver store, the bug you had earlier in my installer has been fixed in recent versions, and the SCP drivers now produce a crash log if there is an issue so we can hopefully narrow this down.

delete these reg keys and my installer should try to overwrite SCP.
[Image: 06.05.2014-21.12.png]

Ok i made sure nothing existed...no registry values at all on the matter. Got your most current exe.

Hit run, it gets to stating it needs the drivers as a pre-Req, I acknowledge that happily, hit next. scpdriver.exe asks for admin rights...i say go for it...it sits a second...and then it seems to fail according to the status next to virtual bus driver.

Thats about it....