..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again. I have a problem: after starting the PC I connect the controller via BT and run ds4tool in the "controllers" I have nothing shows up (I hide on). Although sometimes successfully start the PC and there will be "XBOX 360 wireless controller." But the last 20 starts windows7, I can not do this. Reinstalled the driver and xbox 360 and so on. Result 0
Please help!
(07-17-2014, 01:39 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]This fork is no longer underdevelopment, newer versions have deadzone adjustments.

Thanks! I went to the one in your description and downloaded it, deadzone is automatically set at 0. But I'm still having the deadzone problem in-game. Increasing it makes the sticks unresponsive and it doesn't seem you can set it any lower . Is it just gmod being dumb and nothing I can do to fix it or what?
(07-18-2014, 07:10 AM)Codeh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! I went to the one in your description and downloaded it, deadzone is automatically set at 0. But I'm still having the deadzone problem in-game. Increasing it makes the sticks unresponsive and it doesn't seem you can set it any lower . Is it just gmod being dumb and nothing I can do to fix it or what?

Something else is affecting your deadzone then, 0 in the application is true 0, either the game has a built in deadzone setting or there is some other mapping utility of some sort running at the same time.
So i've just found the secret web frontend.. Because the default port of 8080 conflicts with another app i'm running. Is there any way to change this port currently?
Ok I am REALLY beginning to lose track of all these branches. Which one is currently recommended or are all of them good but with different features? Right now I am using "DS4Windows" from electrobrains (not be confused with "DS4 Windows" from jhebbel).
(07-20-2014, 07:01 PM)djnforce9 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I am REALLY beginning to lose track of all these branches. Which one is currently recommended or are all of them good but with different features? Right now I am using "DS4Windows" from electrobrains (not be confused with "DS4 Windows" from jhebbel).

Its primarily a personal preference thing.
My 'original' DS4Windows branch is never going to game detection and automatic profile switching, thumbstick sensitivity recalibration, and numerous other features jhebbel and Jays2Kings have developed. Its bare-bones feature set is in many ways related to the user interface differences -- it is very tedious just adding the UI configuration for any new settings, so any work that I do to extend features will be as contributions to one of those branches, and DS4Windows will stay at 1.0 unless critical bugs are found. There is no conflict having different versions installed to different directories, so you can try them all at any given point, just don't try to run more than one at a time.
Hello, made an account to thank you for progressing such a useful piece of software. I have been using it for the past few days and I've been having an issue with mapping the mouse to one of the sticks. Whenever I map it to the right stick and move that stick to the right the pointer kinda of slowly trails off. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!
(07-21-2014, 06:17 PM)nichief Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, made an account to thank you for progressing such a useful piece of software. I have been using it for the past few days and I've been having an issue with mapping the mouse to one of the sticks. Whenever I map it to the right stick and move that stick to the right the pointer kinda of slowly trails off. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Set a deadzone if you are using one of the forks that have that ability, DS4 sticks don't have the best centering.
(07-21-2014, 06:28 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Set a deadzone if you are using one of the forks that have that ability, DS4 sticks don't have the best centering.

Yeah that's what I thought at first, also I posted on the wrong thread haha meant to reply to yours as I'm using your derivation. I'll go by microsofts introduction of deadzone and report back if I have any issues with calibration, thanks!