..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Answer me PLEASE
(07-22-2014, 05:12 PM)Erik5300 Wrote: [ -> ]Answer me PLEASE

As has been stated multiple times, this fork is no longer underdevelopment, technical support for it is not going to be very easy to come by as most users have migrated to new forks by now, getting upset again will not change this.
Can someone, who used the wrapper for a while with DS4, tell me how is the latency/delay comparable to native XInput deices?

A year ago I tried quite a few wrapper for old PS2-3/DirectInput controllers but with every one the lag was way too noticeable and it made no sense to play, since, well, the point is to use controllers for fast-paced/action games (like Castlevania).
(07-24-2014, 05:44 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone, who used the wrapper for a while with DS4, tell me how is the latency/delay comparable to native XInput deices?

A year ago I tried quite a few wrapper for old PS2-3/DirectInput controllers but with every one the lag was way too noticeable and it made no sense to play, since, well, the point is to use controllers for fast-paced/action games (like Castlevania).

90% of it depends on your system, the latency of the mappers themselves is usually only 1ms-3ms
Does this XInput Wrapper work for dualshock 2 and dualshock 3 controllers?

Also, I have a question about the "Hide DS4 Controller" functionality: while researching this software I read this, "on the DS4 the right analog uses Z-axis AND Z-Rotation, while the triggers use X-rotation for the left and Y-Rotation for the right. Since the DS4 uses two separate rotations for the triggers..."

Is this still an issue with software like Steam, Pcsx2, and other installed games?

ExclHuhBlink

Meaning... can I use either DirectInput of XInput settings and have both x/y axes on each of my analog thumb sticks? I don't want to be stuck with only a ***** Z-rotation for a thumbstick... >: P

Can "Hide DS4 Controller" fix that issue???

help please!! SadWacko
(02-04-2014, 03:04 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]If you want us to guaranteed support your Bluetooth adapters, you need to send us one IRL for us to test with. My requests for hardware donations are falling on deaf ears... Guess you guys really don't want your particular hardware supported all that intently.

Works fine with PCSX2, once I set up all the binds manually.

Anything 2.1+EDR or later should work, but I use a 2.0 one which works fine, too. Look for Broadcom chipset if you want the greatest compatibility. Currently people are having trouble sometimes with Toshiba ones. Search the thread and you will find adapter recommendations.
Holding the PS button turns it off, yes, this is a feature of the DS4 itself and not DS4 Tool.

Do you have to set bindings for lilypad while using this or can you neglect pcsx2 controller bindings when using the Ds4 tool with that software??? I have the same question about Steam and any non-steam Pc games I may install: do these games require in-steam and in-game custom bindings in addition to the Ds4 wrapper's own bindings?
Hello! DS4 triggers has not dead zone in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Character always walk or jump. I use ds4tool 1.2.2. Help me please. Don't write too much info to me. I'm russian, and haven't good knowledge of your language. Thank you!
Everything earned when I'm HIDE DS4.
Thank you Smile
Hi there, people! I have a problem with my ds4 on pc setup.
FIrst of all i've uninstalled all motionjoy drivers in device manager, then closed DS3_tool.
After that i've connected ds4 to pc via usb cable, then downloaded DS4Tool 1.2.2 and installed Virtual Bus Driver.
The "Controller 1: blah blah blah" message has apeared as a first radiobutton label in ScpServer, and x360 controller apeared in control panel's devices.
After that i've installed last version of x360 gmepad drivers, restarted my pc, then run ScpServer again, and tried to play Dark Souls 2.
Button mapping was collapsed: square as A, X as B etc. Then i've checked the "Hide DS4 button" in ScpServer, heard windows "device unplugged" default sound, and run Dark Souls 2 again. Controller wasn't recognized at all. I've tried with other games: wolf amongs us, Assassins Creed 4, Steam big picture(steam was closed, when I've checked "Hide DS4" button) - results was the same: mixed mapping with unchecked "Hide DS4" and no input with checked.
I've noticed that when I'm checking hide button, the x360 gamepad dissapears from control panel, not the Wirelese Gamepad.
I really hope that someone can help me. Thank you, and forgive my ***** English.

Thanks to jhebbel's links to 1.4.34. It works just fine!
first of all i would thank you for your great job
and i have a request
could you please add option to slow down the analog sticks
to be able to adjust the speed for some games cause ds4 left stick become faster than usual

Thanks

Mostafa Gad
i connected my controller via bluetooth it works good but when i open scpserver it says
found controller : vid:0x054c pid:0xo54c
could not open controller 1 for exclusive accessdo
try to quit any application that can be using the controller
then press stop and start again
i closed everything and the light in controller is blue
plzzzzz help dunno what to