..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-25-2014, 06:02 AM)ham_juggler Wrote: [ -> ]I just picked up a BT400 dongle to try to make this more reliable and now things aren't working at all.

I don't want to use the driver the other dude is writing, not to be mean but even his alpha 1.5 version just is designed badly, bloated looking, has login / account stuff - it's just terrible. I like this particular DS4 driver because it's simple and clean.

Anyhow - I do not understand bluetooth, I'm dumb ok? Sad god help me can someone explain?
Like....... I get the impression somehow that there's multiple layers of drivers for bluetooth. There's the driver for the adapter, then there's a driver for the controller but there's also like bluetooth drivers for the protocol or something? I dunno.

Long story short, using the BT400 on my PC with the DS4, I am no longer prompted to use the 3 different methods of pairing the device, it keeps dropping out within about 15 seconds and there's no game controller appearing in the game controllers section, it's like the BT400 doesn't know it's a game controller, despite it saying it.
Any ideas? Man BT is a bummer.
EDIT / NOTE: I'd heard the BT400 is the best dongle to get so I grabbed another one, plz don't tell me it was a waste of time :/
Here's the thing I'm talking about, I no longer have this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...1nLYY#t=38

Won't prompt for a connection method (pin etc)

This happened to me if I were to use basic microsoft driver for my bluetooth device. Every single time I connect, I have to allow it to connect and as soon as I allow it, it will ds4 will drop the connection (doesnt matter even if I wait 15s or so). My workaround is either installing ASUS driver, or check/uncheck for mouse/keyboard options. It will then connect correctly. However, before I dc my ds4, I have to stop the mapper from running, otherwise I wont be able to re-connect correctly as xbox 360 controller.
Check out the youtube video, totally solved the issue.
Does anyone know if it's possible to assign a button to the touchpad press? Can't seem to do it in the 'Custom Mapping'. It only comes up 'Click' and nothing else, bar keyboard commands. Would highly appreciate any help on this.
Doesn't look like it's possible to me - click and click only.
A shame this is the best of the DS4 tools Sad
That's a real shame, would be really cool to be able to do that, for pausing and other things. I wanted to use it for bringing up the Pip-Boy in Fallout, haha! Oh well. An update to make this possible would be appreciated! Sad
Hey dude, I'm wrong.
Click in the box which says click and instead just type the button you want it to be - I just set my touchpad to type the letter "f" as a test and it works.
ffffffff (done with touchpad)
Yeah I saw that, but I meant an actual button on the controller. On Fallout: New Vegas when I'm playing with the controller it just completely locks out the keyboard and mouse, so I don't think it would help assigning it to a keyboard command, unless I could somehow emulate the keyboard and mouse controls instead of a 360 controller on the DS4 (lol). It's crazy that this isn't an option, seeing as you can customise every other button to be literally anything. Would be one of the best and unique features of the program if it was possible, since only the DS4 has a touchpad like that.
It seems that the touchpad basically only functions as a mouse and that's it. It's not involved with the 360 pad emulation in any way. Not sure why, to be honest. I have a lot of retro emulators and you can actually assign the touchpad on the DS4 to any button you want, it's treated the same as any other button on the controller, so this should be possible. I really hope this is added in an update.
Oh wait so fallout will stop ALL key commands even working?

If you're using the controller, what do you press now to open this pipboy console thing? If it's not possible with the controller when you play normally?
I can still use everything with the standard buttons but just thought it would've been cool to assign the B button to the touchpad instead of circle, which you can't do. Frustrating. Such a simple thing, too. It would work as well because the game would just think you're pressing B when you're actually pressing the touchpad, because it'd be assigned to that in the program. You could do so many cool, novelty things for so many games being able to use the touchpad as anything you wanted. Oh well.