..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just for you to know, it seems that using the Dualshock 4 over Bluetooth in Windows 7 (x64 Pro, not sure if it changes anything) causes BSODs.

Playing Batman Arkham City and Burnout Paradise, both over Bluetooth, caused BSODs; while playing Burnout Paradise over USB went fine (just did a 30 minutes session while the previous ones both ended with a BSOD after 15 mins).

I attached BSOD dump and sysdata if it can help you. And for additional information, I use an ASUS USB-BT211 Bluetooth dongle.

Also, I want to inform other people that in-game vibrations seems to work only over USB.
What bt stack are you using, InsanelyCool?
(12-08-2013, 11:39 PM)BlackEco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Just for you to know, it seems that using the Dualshock 4 over Bluetooth in Windows 7 (x64 Pro, not sure if it changes anything) causes BSODs.

Playing Batman Arkham City and Burnout Paradise, both over Bluetooth, caused BSODs; while playing Burnout Paradise over USB went fine (just did a 30 minutes session while the previous ones both ended with a BSOD after 15 mins).

I attached BSOD dump and sysdata if it can help you. And for additional information, I use an ASUS USB-BT211 Bluetooth dongle.

Also, I want to inform other people that in-game vibrations seems to work only over USB.

I also had an issue like this. I got a random bluescreen when just connecting the controller today... Might be something else.. Idk..

I've also noticed that I can't use BT on version DS4_1.1_Beta1_Update 2 and up. It doesn't see my controller when using BT. (I'm using the toshiba bluetooth stack) Also, it did work with USB, however, whenever I started any program that would use the controller my PC would just freeze. And then it would unfreeze for like 2 secs and then freeze again until I closed the DS4 tool. But rumble and LED worked great via USB, no issues there. Can't wait to see this fixed and play games with rumble and custom LED lights via BT! Laugh
(12-08-2013, 11:39 PM)BlackEco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

What USB are you plugged into? What mobo do you have? Sounds like it might be a diff issue because a BSOD is more of a windows/driver issue. I haven't had a bluescreen in in normal operations on windows unless the OS/drivers corrupt or an unstable overclock/overheating issues. Having the issue occur after a period of time makes it more likely to be heat or general system instability.
(12-08-2013, 11:44 PM)Meriscorditan Wrote: [ -> ]What bt stack are you using, InsanelyCool?

I believe it's Broadcom, with Microsoft enumerators Smile

[Image: Bluetooth.png]

Edit: and sorry bout the double post Smile

Edit 2: I'm also on windows 8.1 fwiw Smile I guess this is one of the few times it has saved me from troubles! Like I said before I have no noticeable input lag or any issues at all over BT Smile
Quote from PCGamer.com:

Quote:In our testing, the DualShock 4’s Bluetooth connection works well in Windows 8 and 8.1. But Windows 7 refuses to keep a connection active with our Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB receiver. It’s likely a driver issue and may be limited to our specific radio, but others have reported similar issues. It’s unfortunate, but right now only the wired connection is guaranteed to work.

Looks like Windows 7 Bluetooth stack has issues with DS4. I assume it's limited to certain dongles / drivers
I tested ASUS USB-BT211, and it works ok in Windows 8.1 but has very small range
I just want to chime in here and say that I have Windows 7 64-bit, and the latest release of DS4Tool (beta 2 update 1) has been nothing but flawless for me through Bluetooth. I've played all the way through Batman: Arkham Asylum completely wirelessly, and I've played through a large part of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition and Super Meat Boy without any problems as well. Rumble and lightbar control work perfectly, too. I've also messed around with Dark Souls, and it played great.

I also saw "Make sure you quit all other apps/games that can use the controller (Steam/Uplay/TeamSpeak, etc)" in the first post. I've had no issues using the controller to play Steam games or to control Steam Big Picture Mode, either. Everything's been great, and I've already stopped using MotioninJoy and the DS3 since DS4Tool has been so good for me.

I've got an Asus G55VW, and I have no idea how to check what Bluetooth stack I'm using, but if you need any help, just ask.
Alright, so I ended up changing the bluetooth stack to Microsoft from Toshiba. It works! I'm guessing that the tool and the toshiba drivers don't exactly cooperate with each other...
(12-09-2013, 06:36 AM)Meriscorditan Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, so I ended up changing the bluetooth stack to Microsoft from Toshiba. It works! I'm guessing that the tool and the toshiba drivers don't exactly cooperate with each other...

I am glad you found a solution. As I have only few computers to test on there is just too much of different factors that can affect the tool.
Well, I'm glad at least that I can use this over bt, finally. Thanks for making this tool.