..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

So im tyring to get my DS4 to be useful in games. I ran the original DS4Tool and while it worked, was recognized, and everything, games still treated it like the default DS4 drivers do (example: Portal 2 and similar games, the right stick non functional, camera rotates indefinitely, R2 is mapped to Start, Square is A and X is Y, etc)

So I updated to 1.1 Beta 3 hoping for better results. The tool works, I can use the touchpad to move my mouse cursor around and play with the lightbar and everything. But now, not a single game recognizes that I have anything connected. So I can't use it for anything :\

What's up with that? lol

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
(12-18-2013, 06:21 AM)exsammy Wrote: [ -> ]Am having problems with your tool too. First for people experiencing BT pairing and disconnecting issues, u are using junk MS driver, Google cirago bt dongles and download their drivers. This solves pairing issues. But I can't use this tool because the controller works fine without the tool. But when I start the tool, buttons fail to respond correctly. It works fine on cable with some Lag. On BT battery % is always 10.

I am using win 7 64x
its not the program its your usb drivers seems like they aren't sending the correct voltage if not usb driver then the hardware u need usb 2.0 . 3.0 will not work properly and no usb hubs also if you look when you have the controller paired via bt and then connect via usb you end up making the pc think you have two controllers wich also causes problems are you using a dongle or is your bt internal?
everything works but I have one question. I don't use the dualshock 4 wireless , instead I leave in connected and I noticed that it actually charges off my computer but will the program overcharge the controller if I leave it connected ?
(12-18-2013, 09:26 AM)KillerX21 Wrote: [ -> ]everything works but I have one question. I don't use the dualshock 4 wireless , instead I leave in connected and I noticed that it actually charges off my computer but will the program overcharge the controller if I leave it connected ?
shouldn't it is made to work on windows so it should be like any other controller but turn off ds4 input mapper when not in use im not sure if it bypasses controllers firm ware but I leave the light on wile charging so it will drain as its pluged in and turn it off when I go wireless sometimes or I set it to battery life so I know when to plug it back in
For some reason, the controller will sometimes stop accepting input for a second or two. I've also encountered input lag from time to time. All of this is happening through a wired connection, by the way. My controller didn't come with a cable, so I'm using the one that came with my Galaxy S4.

I've tried Bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work.

My OS is Windows 8.1.
(12-18-2013, 09:53 AM)JBridge Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason, the controller will sometimes stop accepting input for a second or two. I've also encountered input lag from time to time. All of this is happening through a wired connection, by the way. My controller didn't come with a cable, so I'm using the one that came with my Galaxy S4.

I've tried Bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work.

My OS is Windows 8.1.

About USB cabel - Single DUALSHOCK4 gamepad goes without micro USB-cabel. It is normal. You need normal micro USB-cabel for PC. SO, your cabel is OK.

About bluetooth - may be it is setting issue. You need to setup it in "control panel->Devices and printers ->Add a device". Check it. Check also latest drivers

If bluetooth doesn't work - you have to use another Bluetooth doungle by other vendor, as I think! But it is not a problem of this DS4 soft.
Just two questions:
1) Do you know the games for PC with accelerometer gamepad feature support and with DirectInput to check how it works? As I understand XBOX doesnt' support Accelerometer at all. But I think if the such game appears, then the DUALSHORK 4 for PC have to support it without any special drivers? Or we will need another special drivers for DirectInput?
2) Does touchpad for dualshork4 in PlayStation4 support clickes and double clickes like in notebooks? If it support, why soft of beta3 doesn't support touchpad clicks?
I don't have PS4, I only bought the DUALSHOCK4 gamepad controller for my PC.
(12-18-2013, 10:30 AM)Deniska Wrote: [ -> ]About USB cabel - Single DUALSHOCK4 gamepad goes without micro USB-cabel. It is normal. You need normal micro USB-cabel for PC. SO, your cabel is OK.

About bluetooth - may be it is setting issue. You need to setup it in "control panel->Devices and printers ->Add a device". Check it. Check also latest drivers

If bluetooth doesn't work - you have to use another Bluetooth doungle by other vendor, as I think! But it is not a problem of this DS4 soft.

Windows already sees my Bluetooth thingy, as "Generic Bluetooth Radio". I don't generally use Bluetooth, so I'm not sure what this means. The one other time I tried to use it was to make it talk to my Treo 680. That didn't work, but that was probably because the drivers for the thing wouldn't work on anything newer than XP.
(12-18-2013, 07:56 AM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]its not the program its your usb drivers seems like they aren't sending the correct voltage if not usb driver then the hardware u need usb 2.0 . 3.0 will not work properly and no usb hubs also if you look when you have the controller paired via bt and then connect via usb you end up making the pc think you have two controllers wich also causes problems are you using a dongle or is your bt internal?

The BT works when paired without the tool, buttons are recognised when I check the calibration screen but when I start the tool, the buttons stop working, does that sound like my drivers are not good? Am using Toshiba BT stack which came with my 3.0 dongle. I have used all ports, still d same. Without the tool? I can play games and d Bluetooth works fine, no Lag, no problems. Also when I hook it up with cable, my battery stat is always 100% and there are lags but the tool works. With BT the tool shows my battery to be 10%, and buttons are mapped incorrectly like dpad moves only up and upright, R2 triggers buttons 6789 at once, left analog moves triggers and ps button moves right analog stick downwards
Alright, so I managed to install the Targus BT drivers and it seems to work with the latest beta! Laugh Yay! But the only thing that's a bit annoying is that when you turn off the software, it freezes and you have to turn it off via the Task Manager.