..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-31-2013, 03:26 AM)Njord Wrote: [ -> ]A Micro-USB to USB cable works wonders. Laugh

Unless you want to play with a wireless controller
(12-30-2013, 06:41 PM)Tidemoo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

With out tredging through 60 odd pages of replies I will post mine directly to see if we have any fixes.

So I have the Plugable Bluetooth USB Adapter (Bluetooth 4.0 LE) A brand new Duelshock 4. I have installed the tool and all is fine works great is Assasins Creed, State of Decay and a few other games I tested.

The issue I have is when ever I connect my DS4 my Internet will stop working within seconds, I have tried a few things but nothing is helping. Chnaged the WiFi channel still happens and so on. Also when I close the tool down the internet will not work until I reboot.

Am I missing something? My WiFi adapter is Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter never had an issue with it until today.

Any help would be appreciated o/.

Basic Knowledge of Wireless technology will tell you that Wifi generally uses the 2.4Ghz range, and guess what, so does Bluetooth! So you can try changing the channel of your wifi to help improve the situation (by minimizing noise from nearby networks)... or better yet, get yourself a wireless router that supports the 5ghz range and use that to connect instead (5ghz range is generally a wireless N technology and some support "Dual band" which can broadcast/recieve 2.4 and 5ghz at the same time). Keep in mind to use the 5ghz range both the router and the adapter need to support it, and the 5ghz frequency doesn't travel as far.

I have the same issue, my wifi router is far away from me so that only makes matters worse. You can do what I did and just order a 10ft USB extension cable. I found one for $10 at MicroCenter.

Edit: Changing channels on the router shouldn't really have any effect aside from minimizing noise from other wifi's in your area. This is because of how BT works: The transmitted data is divided into packets and each packet is transmitted on one of the 79 designated Bluetooth channels. Each channel has a bandwidth of 1 MHz. The first channel starts at 2402 MHz and continues up to 2480 MHz in 1 MHz steps. While Wifi uses pretty much the same range but each channel is every 5mhz.
(12-30-2013, 06:56 PM)Tidemoo Wrote: [ -> ]Should also add that my iPhone connects to the Bluetooth fine and the Internet connection works perfectly it seems to be the controller when the tool is running that is the cause.

Try doing something utilizing the bluetooth like streaming a video from your phone to the computer... and then see how well your internet connection works. It's basic science, if you use the channels with one device the other device will be competing to connect. BT usually wins because its generally closer to the device than the wifi.
(12-31-2013, 01:33 AM)FOGSHIE Wrote: [ -> ]IT DOESN'T POP-UP. I know 0000 works, if only I could enter it in the first place.

I had the same problem. The thing is, I don't know how I did it, but I got my DS4 to permanently connect to my PC without the pin.
Basicly what I did was connect the device as instructed ( hold Share+PS, click Add BT-device, Wireless Controller...), and then have Bluetooth Devices window already open.
When the DS4 popped up, I immediately right-clicked it and clicked Properties. To be honest, all I did was randomly tamper the available settings there, and then it suddenly connected.... Blink

I know this isn't of much help, but just so you know, you can connect DS4 without the pin.
I've been noticing some input locking over USB on beta 3 using both an amazon and the stock PS4 micro USB cable.

I'm on Windows 8.1 so that may be the problem.

Usually it is only a couple seconds of the controller not responding, though if I was holding a button down when it occurs, it'll stay pressed for the duration.
(12-31-2013, 11:51 AM)Drake Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same problem. The thing is, I don't know how I did it, but I got my DS4 to permanently connect to my PC without the pin.
Basicly what I did was connect the device as instructed ( hold Share+PS, click Add BT-device, Wireless Controller...), and then have Bluetooth Devices window already open.
When the DS4 popped up, I immediately right-clicked it and clicked Properties. To be honest, all I did was randomly tamper the available settings there, and then it suddenly connected.... Blink

I know this isn't of much help, but just so you know, you can connect DS4 without the pin.

Actually, I think that just happened for me... thanks?
by the way, DS3 Wrapper now supports DS4 too with correct auto status monitoring and kinda no sticky buttons bug (i've not tested much yet), but there's no LED colors support, no touchpad support, bluetooth works too but with special built-in BT driver that should be installed
(12-31-2013, 04:38 PM)FOGSHIE Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I think that just happened for me... thanks?

Really?! Glad to hear! Biggrin
(12-31-2013, 04:38 PM)FOGSHIE Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, I think that just happened for me... thanks?

Well if anything else goes wrong, I attached a tutorial on how to get the pairing code screen to pop up.
When I select next my computer goes right to pairing there is not option to select a pin code.

Edit: Yeessssssssss I got it working I made a video to help people out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7DUV4T8744