..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-03-2014, 05:10 AM)djnforce9 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the game but did not notice any frame rate drop due to DS4Tool. Not sure why it'd impact performance THAT much.

Same here, i have constant 60 frames with DS4Tool, try update your drivers.
I have another suggestion. Would it be possible to turn off all LED's on the controllers when the program exits and the computer itself is being shut down? I've noticed that the LED's remain on when I shutdown Windows and even when the entire computer is powered off (as there is still power going through the USB ports from the PSU). This requires me to unplug and re-plug all attached controllers.
Just wanted to say nice one. Attached this app onto Windows startup, launches into Steam Big Picture, and it's all set up! Hopefully it works just as easily with a bluetooth dongle once I get one.

Again, cheers!

@djinforce9: That's not something the program can fix, because the program is not running when the computer is shutting down. You could try turning off "On/Off Charge" for USB in your BIOS settings. Sounds like that's your culprit for the LEDs when the computer is off.
(01-03-2014, 02:52 PM)djnforce9 Wrote: [ -> ]I have another suggestion. Would it be possible to turn off all LED's on the controllers when the program exits and the computer itself is being shut down? I've noticed that the LED's remain on when I shutdown Windows and even when the entire computer is powered off (as there is still power going through the USB ports from the PSU). This requires me to unplug and re-plug all attached controllers.

When you stop using DS4, press and hold the PS button until the led turns off: this shuts down the controller. Simply press the PS button when computer is on to reconnect.
I can get the controller to work and skip opening titles, but when I get to the main menu nothing works.
Can anyone offer assistance ?
(01-05-2014, 02:39 PM)mep69 Wrote: [ -> ]I can get the controller to work and skip opening titles, but when I get to the main menu nothing works.
Can anyone offer assistance ?

Be more precise...?

Oh, and Inhexter where are you?
(01-05-2014, 11:41 AM)Drake Wrote: [ -> ]When you stop using DS4, press and hold the PS button until the led turns off: this shuts down the controller. Simply press the PS button when computer is on to reconnect.

It would be nice if there was an auto shutoff after so many minutes of inactivity though, as holding down the PS button launches Steam Big Picture mode, otherwise you have to close and relaunch Steam all the time.
(01-05-2014, 06:44 PM)Eggbom Wrote: [ -> ]Be more precise...?

Oh, and Inhexter where are you?

You've answered my question with a question :/

I thought I was quite clear to be honest. The control works fine, all calibrated and in order. I can use the touch pad to move the cursor etc.
Launching a game AKA Castlevania and Brothers, I can skip the Intro scenes what pointless pop up on games. But, I however cannot interact with the main menu of the game what so ever.
Tried pressing all the buttons and nothing.

More elaborate for you ?
(01-06-2014, 12:20 AM)mep69 Wrote: [ -> ]You've answered my question with a question :/

I thought I was quite clear to be honest. The control works fine, all calibrated and in order. I can use the touch pad to move the cursor etc.
Launching a game AKA Castlevania and Brothers, I can skip the Intro scenes what pointless pop up on games. But, I however cannot interact with the main menu of the game what so ever.
Tried pressing all the buttons and nothing.

More elaborate for you ?

Ok, maby the game doesnt support full controller support?
I have the same with cs go, menu doesnt work with controller, in game perfect.
And what about the mouse cursor, doesnt work either in menu?
I'm not posting to seek support, just posting an example of my results.

Windows 7 64, patched to current
Cheap Chinese USB bluetooth dongle (VID_0A12&PID_0001)
36" USB A to MicroUSB B cable
A million MicroUSB-ended AC adapters

Initially, the controller would never show up in available devices when in pairing mode, so I used it via USB. It worked well enough in DirectInput games and other applications, but had the same problems my DualShock 2 pads had when connected by a cheap Chinese USB adapter; some games would re-orient the analog sticks, and compatibility was hit or miss.
Then, out of nowhere, I was trying to pair the controller again, and I was able to do so (by rapidly enabling HID). With v1.1b2, I was able to connect and disconnect using only the controller, with no issues. This worked fine for a few days, and 100% of my nine hours of playtime in Bully, one hour of Boring-lands 2, about 30 hours of my playtime in Saints Row 3 and 4, and a few minutes in Skyrim, Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, and a few other games, I had no issues.

I come back home from work today, power the controller up, and it refuses to pair with my desktop. Pairs with my phone just fine, but doesn't actually work, claiming that at least one of the buttons is constantly being pressed. Fine, whatever. Now when I connect via USB, it works fine with and without SCPS running, same as before (but better with the wrapper, natch), but now randomly disconnects and reconnects. I've ordered a new BT 4.0 dongle (from China yet again) and another USB cable (10 feet this time), but I think I'll get the same results.

To sum up, the DS4 works exactly like a 360 pad when connected, and SCPS is running, and until today, no issues. Nothing has been changed or updated, but the DS4 has always been flaky when it comes to pairing or being physically connected to my system. Alas, my usefulness as a troubleshooter or tester is nil until I magic up a solution.

Update: removing the device and starting the pairing process over has worked; the controller is once again paired via BT, and working with SCPS. But for how long? DUN DUN DUNNNNN.