..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting a real strange behavior when I launch DS4 to XInput Mapper either version 1.1 beta 3 or version 1.1.2. Once I enabled it, my controller mapping are totally wonky. The right stick has the x/y axis, L2 activates buttons 5-10, d-pad up is always depressed, R2 acts as the PS button, and the face buttons plus the d-pad all trigger various degrees of the X Rotation axis. Did I mess something up somewhere?

This only happens when using Bluetooth. It works fine over USB. The non-XInput mapped controller works fine over both Bluetooth and USB.
just got a question for electrobrains is it possible or feasible to assume that the touch pad works like a track pad in the matter of ,would a double tap of the actual pad {not a button} also work as a left click and if yes could you add that as a feature and the actual pad click be used as right click>? just in case my question seem confusing on my laptop the touch-pad can sense when you remove your finger so if you place it again on the same spot it works as a mouse click is that possible have you thought about that?

(01-19-2014, 02:06 AM)EvaUnit02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a real strange behavior when I launch DS4 to XInput Mapper either version 1.1 beta 3 or version 1.1.2. Once I enabled it, my controller mapping are totally wonky. The right stick has the x/y axis, L2 activates buttons 5-10, d-pad up is always depressed, R2 acts as the PS button, and the face buttons plus the d-pad all trigger various degrees of the X Rotation axis. Did I mess something up somewhere?

sounds like your using xbox ce and its changing your button placement or motion joy drivers i had same problem with these conditions but a cean uninstall of everything fixed the issue 4 me atleast
(01-19-2014, 02:11 AM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like your using xbox ce and its changing your button placement or motion joy drivers i had same problem with these conditions but a cean uninstall of everything fixed the issue 4 me atleast

I'm not. The only relevant thing I have installed, I think, is Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories v1.2.
(01-18-2014, 07:35 PM)holydhaliwal Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, so if I'm understanding correctly, having the program launch at startup in the background, then simply turning on the controller won't connect it? Same goes for if the controller shuts down after the timer, just pressing the PS button to turn it back on will also not connect it?

if you turn off the light bar wich you can do from scp server the controller can stay on about 8 hours worth of game time not idle i haven't seen what idle time is like so unlesss your watching lotr trilogy you shouldn't need to turn it off [this is what i do ] also to maintain your ds4 battery life its best to fully drain it after every full charge otherwise your battery life will get progressively shorter

(01-19-2014, 02:28 AM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]
[quote='EvaUnit02' pid='344335' dateline='1390090951']

I'm not. The only relevant thing I have installed, I think, is Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories v1.2.

how did you figure out your buttons were wrong was it a game or a tool? and did you install the drivers that came with scp server and wich version did you install?? are you pluged in to a regular usb is it a front panel port or is it mobo port start with making sure its a mobo port i havent had any luck getting any usb ports to work on my win7 pc other then the mobo ports the other ports are buggy as hell might not fix your problem but it will fix some one else s also usb 3.0 for win 8 works best i tryied 2.0 works ok most of the time not all the time
(01-19-2014, 02:28 AM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]how did you figure out your buttons were wrong was it a game or a tool? and did you install the drivers that came with scp server and wich version did you install?? are you pluged in to a regular usb is it a front panel port or is it mobo port start with making sure its a mobo port i havent had any luck getting any usb ports to work on my win7 pc other then the mobo ports the other ports are buggy as hell might not fix your problem but it will fix some one else s also usb 3.0 for win 8 works best i tryied 2.0 works ok most of the time not all the time

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've installed the driver that game with DS4Tool: ScpDriver.exe. It installed successfully.

I then plug the DS4 in via USB. I go to Game Controllers and the controller shows up as "Wireless Controller." Mappings are normal. Stick 2 has Z Axis and Z Rotation. D-pad is normal. L2 and R2 show up as button 7 & X Rotation and button 8 & Y Rotation respectively.

I then start ScpServer.exe. Back in Game Controllers, the controller shows up as XBCD Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller. Mappings are normal. L2 and R2 are mapped to the Z-Axis.

Now, if I instead connect via Bluetooth this is what happens:

I connect the DS4 via Bluetooth. I go to Game Controllers and the controller shows up as "Wireless Controller." Mappings are normal. Stick 2 has Z Axis and Z Rotation. D-pad is normal. L2 and R2 show up as button 7 & X Rotation and button 8 & Y Rotation respectively.

I then start ScpServer.exe. Back in Game Controllers, the controller shows up as XBCD Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller. Mappings are wacked out. Stick 2 has the X and Y axis. Stick 1 does nothing. The d-pad and face buttons change the value for X Rotation. L1 and L2 do nothing. L2 activates buttons 5-10. d-pad "up" is displaying as perpetually activated.

I've tried this with both v1.1 Beta 3 and v1.1.2.
Hello everyone, registered to give my two cents. All the versions so far done by electrobrain don't work for me at all. I press start and nothing happens, seems like the program won't even run for me for some strange reason. All the other versions done by inhexster work just fine. What am I missing?
(01-19-2014, 02:54 AM)EvaUnit02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've installed the driver that game with DS4Tool: ScpDriver.exe. It installed successfully.

I then plug the DS4 in via USB. I go to Game Controllers and the controller shows up as "Wireless Controller." Mappings are normal. Stick 2 has Z Axis and Z Rotation. D-pad is normal. L2 and R2 show up as button 7 & X Rotation and button 8 & Y Rotation respectively.

I then start ScpServer.exe. Back in Game Controllers, the controller shows up as XBCD Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller. Mappings are normal. L2 and R2 are mapped to the Z-Axis.

Now, if I instead connect via Bluetooth this is what happens:

I connect the DS4 via Bluetooth. I go to Game Controllers and the controller shows up as "Wireless Controller." Mappings are normal. Stick 2 has Z Axis and Z Rotation. D-pad is normal. L2 and R2 show up as button 7 & X Rotation and button 8 & Y Rotation respectively.

I then start ScpServer.exe. Back in Game Controllers, the controller shows up as XBCD Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller. Mappings are wacked out. Stick 2 has the X and Y axis. Stick 1 does nothing. The d-pad and face buttons change the value for X Rotation. L1 and L2 do nothing. L2 activates buttons 5-10. d-pad "up" is displaying as perpetually activated.

I've tried this with both v1.1 Beta 3 and v1.1.2.
remove the xbcd drivers they are not the right ones
seems like you got old drivers ligering somewere in your computer xbcd
http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html those are wrong you need this http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/...or-windows but first you need to wipe the old drivers then you restart your pc install microhard drivers install scp server drivers then restart again and everything should work fine after
(01-19-2014, 03:03 AM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, registered to give my two cents. All the versions so far done by electrobrain don't work for me at all. I press start and nothing happens, seems like the program won't even run for me for some strange reason. All the other versions done by inhexster work just fine. What am I missing?
something uses your controller, like x360ce. Close everything and restart v1.1.2. I've had the same when x360ce window was opened
(01-19-2014, 03:27 AM)delite Wrote: [ -> ]something uses your controller, like x360ce. Close everything and restart v1.1.2. I've had the same when x360ce window was opened

yup or penicle ,steam eometimes and ,xpadder
(01-19-2014, 03:22 AM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]remove the xbcd drivers they are not the right ones
seems like you got old drivers ligering somewere in your computer xbcd
http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html those are wrong you need this http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/...or-windows but first you need to wipe the old drivers then you restart your pc install microhard drivers install scp server drivers then restart again and everything should work fine after

First off, I just want to thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

So, XBCD had been uninstalled for a long time (at least, from its uninstaller) I went through and ensured I had no XBCD directory in Program Files. I then searched through the Registry for keys referencing it and deleted the one I found. I restarted my computer. After that, I reinstalled Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories as you directed and then the DS4Tool drivers. Then, I restarted once more.

When I turned my controller on, it displayed as Wireless Controller just as before. When I started ScpServer.exe, Windows installed drivers. Now, my DS4 shows up in Game Controllers as "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)"; however, the mapping is still broken.