..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Messing with 1.2b, and so far, it's easily the best version. No more lag, no nothing. It's great. Laugh

I'm having issues with the touch pad, though. The clicking and DRAGGING works with every button, but the ONLY button that actually works as a single click is the touch pad itself; single clicking a file to open it or select it with Left, L1, L2, L3, Share, Down, PS, Cross, Right, R1, R2, R3, or Options does absolutely nothing. Yet, as I said, clicking and DRAGGING with those buttons will work. Any way to fix this?
(01-19-2014, 07:42 PM)Cheetah1024 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright electrobrains, I've literally tried everything... Nothing works, except the versions from @InhexSTER. This is what happens when I try to use your tool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq675c170dbmty....30.57.wmv

Electrobrains, could you please have a look at this? I'd love to try your version of the tool but it just won't start and I have no idea why.
(01-20-2014, 12:13 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Messing with 1.2b, and so far, it's easily the best version. No more lag, no nothing. It's great. Laugh

I'm having issues with the touch pad, though. The clicking and DRAGGING works with every button, but the ONLY button that actually works as a single click is the touch pad itself; single clicking a file to open it or select it with Left, L1, L2, L3, Share, Down, PS, Cross, Right, R1, R2, R3, or Options does absolutely nothing. Yet, as I said, clicking and DRAGGING with those buttons will work. Any way to fix this?

try touching the touchpad wile you press any of those other keys I had thought I had the same problem butthen I realized electrobrain is a genious no mouse controls work unles you actually touching the touch pad with is genious I think
(01-20-2014, 01:54 PM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]try touching the touchpad wile you press any of those other keys I had thought I had the same problem butthen I realized electrobrain is a genious no mouse controls work unles you actually touching the touch pad with is genious I think

Oh, really, now? That really is pretty genius if that's how it works... I'll have to test that in the morning.

Also, one more question: What does the option do that says it will use the LED setting as a battery indicator, or something like that? It's the option right above the one that says to have the light bar flash when it gets to 50% (my apologies, I'm not at my computer right now).
(01-20-2014, 02:02 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, really, now? That really is pretty genius if that's how it works... I'll have to test that in the morning.

Also, one more question: What does the option do that says it will use the LED setting as a battery indicator, or something like that? It's the option right above the one that says to have the light bar flash when it gets to 50% (my apologies, I'm not at my computer right now).

Reading posts helps a lot too... I just posted about both of these things! Tongue2
(01-20-2014, 02:02 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, really, now? That really is pretty genius if that's how it works... I'll have to test that in the morning.

I think its kind of bugged right now but it gradually changes the color of your light bar from green to red as the battery drains or at least it did im not sure if its something wrong with mine cause I usually turn the light off anyway [too bright] but give THEM a few days and will be perfect the guys making this are really good at what they do and they are making strides EVERY DAY
(01-20-2014, 01:47 PM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]Electrobrains, could you please have a look at this? I'd love to try your version of the tool but it just won't start and I have no idea why.

I'll make certain the very next version writes any output you see on the screen to a TXT file for easier diagnostics. What interface did the last version that worked for you work with, Bluetooth or USB or both? I think you're getting an error I haven't seen at all before. What you should do next is run ScpServer.exe from inside a Command Prompt and see if any error messages show up on the terminal window. Make sure to try ny very latest version, BFF-1.2 Beta, too. With "Exclusive" mode checked, it should work at least as well as the DS4 Tool's 1.1 version series, so there's probably something simple I missed out on in your computer's case.
I just got a question for electro how exactly does the new led battery settings work? does it drain from any color you select to red?, like it did before or does the light just dim ? Im not really sure I understand how the feature works now .and thank you
(01-20-2014, 02:15 PM)eyencee Wrote: [ -> ]I think its kind of bugged right now but it gradually changes the color of your light bar from green to red as the battery drains or at least it did im not sure if its something wrong with mine cause I usually turn the light off anyway [too bright] but give THEM a few days and will be perfect the guys making this are really good at what they do and they are making strides EVERY DAY

Thanks guys for being understanding that there's just a million different things that I could be working on at any given time just in the realm of one little software program Smile So I want to reiterate the differences to the color changing ability are currently only partially-exposed in the GUI. You can go change your full-battery LED color, that's the one that's exposed in the Options. To change the empty-battery color it transitions to, exit the tool and edit ScpControl.xml; the EmptyBatteryRed/EmptyBatteryGreen/EmptyBatteryBlue entries control the color at the other end of the battery transition. It is entirely configurable now which colors to use/what brightness, just needs to be exposed in the controller's Options.

I made it so the default is just a dimming. The controller color defaults are the same as before, so the transitioned colors are just lightened versions of those. Instead of being an ambiguous green->red (how do you tell which controller is which?) I stuck with pure individual color tones being dimmed as a safe default. It is not a safe default to turn on controller LED blinking as battery indicator because I don't know what blink rates are considered "safe" for people with epilepsy.

Here's the table showing the new defaults:
Code:
public Byte[][] m_Leds = new Byte[][] // per-controller nominal color and low-battery color
        {
            new Byte[] {0,0,255, 0,0,2},
            new Byte[] {255,0,0, 2,0,0},
            new Byte[] {0,255,0, 0,2,0},
            new Byte[] {127,0,127, 1,0,1},
        };
(01-20-2014, 02:28 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I'll make certain the very next version writes any output you see on the screen to a TXT file for easier diagnostics. What interface did the last version that worked for you work with, Bluetooth or USB or both? I think you're getting an error I haven't seen at all before. What you should do next is run ScpServer.exe from inside a Command Prompt and see if any error messages show up on the terminal window. Make sure to try ny very latest version, BFF-1.2 Beta, too. With "Exclusive" mode checked, it should work at least as well as the DS4 Tool's 1.1 version series, so there's probably something simple I missed out on in your computer's case.

I've been using inhexters versions, both on usb and bluetooth, without any major problems. When trying to run yours, they simply won't start. Haven't tried the newest 1.2 release yet though. I tried running the tool with everything else closed, even going through the task manager and disabling non essential programs (like itunes, etc..). The only thing I haven't tried as of yet is disabling my firewall, though I have disabled my virus scanner to see if that causes a problem.

As soon as I get home I'll try running the tool from the command line, see if that will give you a clue as to what's happening.