..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 To XInput Wrapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-21-2014, 06:50 AM)echecaille Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a common problem? I know there's work to be done, but I seem to remember having used the controller/wrapper in some of these games before these problems started, so I thought I'd double-check. Thanks!

Not sure if your taking from the earlier versions of this wrapper but i use this for Final Fantasy online. and i dont have the button issues your having. all my buttons work fine from l1l2 r1r2.
(01-21-2014, 05:03 PM)DeathWish Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if your taking from the earlier versions of this wrapper but i use this for Final Fantasy online. and i dont have the button issues your having. all my buttons work fine from l1l2 r1r2.

Thanks for responding. It happens in both InhexSTER's 1.1 beta 3 and Electrobrain's latest version. It's worked perfectly in some games, but not others. I've yet to try FFXIV.
(01-21-2014, 05:30 PM)echecaille Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for responding. It happens in both InhexSTER's 1.1 beta 3 and Electrobrain's latest version. It's worked perfectly in some games, but not others. I've yet to try FFXIV.

no problem im always watching this thread. try the 1.1.2 version thats in page 80 or something. it works pretty good and some new additions as well that may help as well
(01-21-2014, 12:47 AM)Insanelycool Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, just for the sake of troubleshooting I used scpdriver.exe to uninstall the driver, and then ran the tool... it does exactly the same behavior as your video (which is exactly what I thought would happen). Then I went back to reinstall it and it wouldn't work until I checked the box for force install and then clicked the install button (in scpdriver.exe).

Try this and report back! Hope it works!

Tried uninstalling and force installing the scpdriver.exe, but electrobrains' versions still won't work. Inhexter ones still perform without major problems. I don't think it's the driver.
(01-20-2014, 02:28 PM)electrobrains Wrote: [ -> ]I'll make certain the very next version writes any output you see on the screen to a TXT file for easier diagnostics. What interface did the last version that worked for you work with, Bluetooth or USB or both? I think you're getting an error I haven't seen at all before. What you should do next is run ScpServer.exe from inside a Command Prompt and see if any error messages show up on the terminal window. Make sure to try ny very latest version, BFF-1.2 Beta, too. With "Exclusive" mode checked, it should work at least as well as the DS4 Tool's 1.1 version series, so there's probably something simple I missed out on in your computer's case.

I really hope, that you bring out the new version very soon! I want to try all the great features, but I can't just because of one little bug... :'(
(01-21-2014, 08:51 PM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]Tried uninstalling and force installing the scpdriver.exe, but electrobrains' versions still won't work. Inhexter ones still perform without major problems. I don't think it's the driver.

That is really bizarre, but I think we are at least in the right direction. The program acting like that seems to be because it's not talking to the driver. I'm not sure why, as most of us don't have that problem. We may have to wait until the new version comes out with some kind of log file for error reporting.

Just to be thorough, what version of windows are you running? The video looked like Windows XP to me. I might be able to set up a virtual machine and test it out to see if that is the issue. I'm pretty sure most people here are at least using windows 7.

Edit: FYI, if anyone here is using windows XP, you should upgrade to windows 7, it is more stable and faster than XP... plus XP isn't going to be supported past April, meaning you will vulnerable to hackers and viruses past that point. If you are using it to play games you probably have at least 1GB of RAM, which is the minimum required for windows 7. Now if you plan to not upgrade you shouldn't use the computer online past April. You have been warned!
I've just registered just to thank you InhexSTER and electrobrain !

and give some input:

I was playing with InhexSTERs Beta 1.1 beta 1 because 1.1 beta 3 did not work properly (like gameinput Lag and Uplay freeze)
Today i was just looking if there is any update - when i realised 20 more pages since my last visit Laugh !
Found that the code is aviable and saw that electrobrain did it further - ive read that inhexSTER hasnt so much time aviable.

Now ive tested the 1.2b - and it is AWEEEESSSUUUUM !
works flawlessly - no big input lag - touchpad works like a charm Smile - uplay also works

Good Job

ah yeah - and FYI:

Controller: Dualshock 4 (first release)
Bluetooth Dongle: Belkin 2.1 - F8T016 (http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/...BK-1-l.jpg)
Settings: exclusive: no - HID flush: no

Edit: Got Sticky Sticks over bluetooth in Assassins Creed 4 - like every minute for 3 seconds.
*Change log:*

Enable hot-plug support for Bluetooth. A disconnected Bluetooth
adapter still works poorly and (usually?) requires clicking Stop/Start.

Add Up and Triangle as additional Middle Mouse Buttons, remove the
PS button as anything special to reserve it for later mode toggling.
Also make Share/Options left and right mouse clicks as the Hotkeys
page said (lied.) Finally, make pushing the touchpad act as the
Windows key to make it easy to switch applications without another
keyboard/mouse-type controller handy.
(01-21-2014, 08:51 PM)steakandcheese Wrote: [ -> ]Tried uninstalling and force installing the scpdriver.exe, but electrobrains' versions still won't work. Inhexter ones still perform without major problems. I don't think it's the driver.

Update! I installed the virtual machine with windows XP... boy did I call this one on the nose. XP is exactly the problem. I can get inhexsters to work on XP but not electrobrains' version. I tried the newest one he just posted as well.
...Continuing to troubleshoot to see if I can resolve it...
Wow man, newest version has even more bugs.
Use led as battery indicator checkbox doesn't work
Stopping/Starting in exclusive mode doesn't work (Not able to reacquire controller until you exist app)
All sort of a strange behaviour until config is written out on the first run.
Controller randomly disconnected at least once in first few min of use (maybe due to config)
Exceptions are not informative to the user please add text for each one
Can't turn off touchpad until restart the app
The new touchpad function messed up my keyboard input
after running a tool c,v and some other keys don't work as if ctrl is being pressed, not even with on screen keyboard.

And that's what i was able to find in first 5 mins.

Another request, I personally don't approve taking donations so please don't ask for it in my thread.