..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can anyone provide a good, affordable PC build solely for PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to build a PC for PCSX2 and other emulators. I want to be able to:
Run games seamlessly (consistent 25+ FPS)
Play games in 1080
Basically max out graphics
Use Windows 8 (I know it's like shooting myself in the foot, but I'm using it now, and for emulation it's not all bad)
Use Dual Shock 3 SCP Bluetooth Driver
Use the PC
SX2bonus frontend
Have a DVD drive, because how else am I supposed to run PCSX2?
Have a low profile, console like case
Not break the bankBiggrin
I don't mind buying refurbished/old parts, as I just want to run PCSX2. I do really want to keep cost down.
(11-11-2013, 03:24 AM)Tyrannical1 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to build a PC for PCSX2 and other emulators. I want to be able to:
Run games seamlessly (consistent 25+ FPS)
Play games in 1080
Basically max out graphics
Use Windows 8 (I know it's like shooting myself in the foot, but I'm using it now, and for emulation it's not all bad)
Use Dual Shock 3 SCP Bluetooth Driver
Use the PC
SX2bonus frontend
Have a DVD drive, because how else am I supposed to run PCSX2?
Have a low profile, console like case
Not break the bankBiggrin
I don't mind buying refurbished/old parts, as I just want to run PCSX2. I do really want to keep cost down.

My build, possibly replacing the 7870 with a 7850

My build cost ~500 U.S. Or do you want cheaper?

By consistent 25+FPS I'm assuming you are PAL and mean 50FPS(as reported by PCSX2).
If you on budget buy an i3, or an fx6300 plus an gt630 gddr5 is nice for pcsx2 for upto 2x native in most games.
I don't know about an i3... Since they can't be overclocked, he might try to run a certain heavy game and there wouldn't be anything he could do to improve speed besides speedhacks, which don't always work.

I generally don't throw out specs until I know what budget the person is working with, so how much are you willing to spend tops?
my pc has yet to drop below 50/60 fps on most games

PC Stock settings:
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Intel i3-2120 @ 3.3
16gb DDR3 ram (2133mhz)
nvidia GT 520 2gb