..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 4 issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-14-2013, 07:25 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried unchecking 8 bit textures? Depending on the game, it can be faster on, or faster off.

What are you using skipdraw=1 for in this case?(just curious, this shouldn't really be causing you any slowdown)

And you never answered my question if you were using save states or memory cards.

Your CPU is quite slow for PCSX2, but like you said, it was running okay for you before. I have one thought maybe why this is happening. You know how in Persona 4 as the game advances, the seasons change right? Furthermore, you said you also had more problems while raining. So maybe it has something to do with the time of year it is in game. Some effect that is being rendered at that time of year and not others, that is causing your slowdown.

Also, again, what is the GS and EE% saying in the title bar of the game window? Depending on which one of these is close to 100%, it might help us figure out what is slowing you down.

both GS and EE are constantly between 10 and 15% no matter what is going on.

I am using memory card saves for the most part but i mix it with save states depending on the need.

and it is not the slowdown when it is raining as before I saved rise, I ran at full speed the entire time no matter what it looked like or what I was fighting. It is only after I saved her that the slowdown started happening in certain areas, against certain enemies, and when raining.

I found that skipdraw fixes some speed issues in games like star ocean but I find no difference in this game when I put it at 0 so I just leave it at 1

I have tried disabling the 8 bit textures but again, no difference in the game.
(11-14-2013, 07:35 AM)echoesofmercy Wrote: [ -> ]both GS and EE are constantly between 10 and 15% no matter what is going on.

I am using memory card saves for the most part but i mix it with save states depending on the need.

and it is not the slowdown when it is raining as before I saved rise, I ran at full speed the entire time no matter what it looked like or what I was fighting. It is only after I saved her that the slowdown started happening in certain areas, against certain enemies, and when raining.

I found that skipdraw fixes some speed issues in games like star ocean but I find no difference in this game when I put it at 0 so I just leave it at 1

I have tried disabling the 8 bit textures but again, no difference in the game.

I understand that you had no slowdown before you saved Rise, and now you do. What I'm saying is that the date in game has changed since before and after. I know from playing through the game twice that the way the game looks changes depending on the season. For instance snow in winter, heat glare in summer, etc. I was suggesting maybe one of these effects wasn't present before you saved her, but is now.

That's all I can think of to explain it.

Edit: and 10-15% seems WAY low for EE and GS, as they are higher on my PC which is much faster.

I don't have any more ideas, maybe someone will come along soon that does.

Sorry.
(11-14-2013, 07:39 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that you had no slowdown before you saved Rise, and now you do. What I'm saying is that the date in game has changed since before and after. I know from playing through the game twice that the way the game looks changes depending on the season. For instance snow in winter, heat glare in summer, etc. I was suggesting maybe one of these effects wasn't present before you saved her, but is now.

That's all I can think of to explain it.

Edit: and 10-15% seems WAY low for EE and GS, as they are higher on my PC which is much faster.

I don't have any more ideas, maybe someone will come along soon that does.

Sorry.

It is cool thanks for trying although you did give me the idea to download the NTSC version and see if I have the same problem with that one.
Even if you legally own the PAL version of the game, downloading the NTSC version is illegal in the U.K. where the PCSX2 project is hosted, and as such, it's against the rules here.
(11-14-2013, 07:48 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you legally own the PAL version of the game, downloading the NTSC version is illegal in the U.K. where the PCSX2 project is hosted, and as such, it's against the rules here.

correct.
closed and warned for warez talk
Pages: 1 2