..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 problem on hp pavilion dv 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone i've got a laptop hp pavillion dv5 and i try to play pcsx2 game but it seems like really slow , is there any way i can speed up pcsx2 ? my system : processor amd X2 dualcore 2.10
memory 3.00 GB
graphic 512 mb
thanks
(02-21-2009, 01:15 AM)lee825788 Wrote: [ -> ]hi everyone i've got a laptop hp pavillion dv5 and i try to play pcsx2 game but it seems like really slow , is there any way i can speed up pcsx2 ? my system : processor amd X2 dualcore 2.10
memory 3.00 GB
graphic 512 mb
thanks

Well, sorry to disappiont you but I think a laptop isn't enough to emulate pcsx2 smooth.

Here the system requirements:

Quote:What are the requirements for using this emulator?
Minimum
* Windows/Linux OS
* CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
* GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0
* 512mb RAM
Recommended
* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better
* 1gb RAM (2gb if on Vista)

As you can see, the Recommended Requirements are quite above yours.

Well, there is a possibility to speed ab ur fps a little. But I can't garanty anything.

Get the latest rev and try the new speedhack. Don't expect wonders please, ur system is a lil' bit slow.

For the latest rev you have to compile it for yourself:

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/list

(If you need a Guide, just use the forum search. Search for something like Compile Wink)
thanks but could you please tell me how to install it ?
(02-21-2009, 10:18 AM)lee825788 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks but could you please tell me how to install it ?

Install?

First you have to compile it. After you compiled the .exe just go to the /bin/ ordner of your repository and copy the compiled .exe. Paste it in a pcsx2_pg ordner and start it.

Also, I will repeat myself for a last time.

Quote:(If you need a Guide, just use the forum search. Search for something like Compile Guide Wink)

A little bit of work is up to you.
Hi Smile

Like yunsabit said, your laptop is quite slow for PCSX2, but you can play with the options and try the new speed hack on the newer revs because it boosts the FPS quite well depending on the games.

To compile your own emulator, go there http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2373.html

If you have any problem compiling, just check the answers in the thread I linked, there are already a lot of solutions that may help Smile Or you can just wait some days and Krakatos will upload a new snapshot with this speed hack.

Whatever, seeing your rig, you will be able to play some 2D games not badly I think (Disgaea or other 2D RPG games, 2D fighting games etc) but for the rest either try to use GSdx graphical plugin with native resolution checked, EE/IOP x2 and wait cycle speedhacks on, default options in advanced options, and try VU skip mode in CPU options. It may be better for you but don't expect any miracle with your rig I'm sorry, PCSX2 is quite CPU power demanding Sad
what graphics chip is in your laptop?
ati 3450
goodie, ati.. no experience with ati, can't tell ya anything there.