..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Bad fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have had an alienware mx14 laptop for about a year, and my fps on most games was fine (45-60fps). Recently, my fps on games like planetside 2, which i could play fine before on medium and high graphic settings, has dropped to 15-20 (on lowest graphic settings). Anyone have any ideas to why this might be happening?
(12-01-2013, 03:53 AM)sporezilla Wrote: [ -> ]I have had an alienware mx14 laptop for about a year, and my fps on most games was fine (45-60fps). Recently, my fps on games like planetside 2, which i could play fine before on medium and high graphic settings, has dropped to 15-20 (on lowest graphic settings). Anyone have any ideas to why this might be happening?

Scan for a virus and defrag your hdd.
Your laptop is probably throttling. Make sure the Windows power plan is set to 'Performance'. Alternatively you could also use the free program called "Throttle Stop" or something like that. Also make sure the games aren't using what I presume to be the laptops cpu integrated graphics instead of the dGPU.
Ive just ran a defrag and set my power plan to high performance. No improvements so far, still getting 20 fps.
(12-01-2013, 04:57 AM)sporezilla Wrote: [ -> ]Ive just ran a defrag and set my power plan to high performance. No improvements so far, still getting 20 fps.

Make sure all of your vents are clear so it doesn't get too hot and throttle because of that. Use some canned air or a vacuum to clean the vents out good.
What setting you use?any none defult? Use ee and vu to 2 if its already on 2 then put both to 0 and 1. And use native.
(12-01-2013, 05:34 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: [ -> ]What setting you use?any none defult? Use ee and vu to 2 if its already on 2 then put both to 0 and 1. And use native.

He said he was running fine before, so settings shouldn't be the problem.
I vacuumed out some dust in the fan, but the laptop still feels pretty hot after awhile
(12-01-2013, 05:43 AM)sporezilla Wrote: [ -> ]I vacuumed out some dust in the fan, but the laptop still feels pretty hot after awhile

Go get CoreTemp and run it in the background while running PCSX2. See what the temp gets up to and then report back here. I bet it's a heat problem.
temp is 70-84C
Pages: 1 2