..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Intel Core i5 3210M + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - Max Performance Configuration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thank you so far Smile

what about changing the "clamp mode" and "round mode"?
(12-08-2013, 02:15 AM)Eiffel65 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so far Smile

what about changing the "clamp mode" and "round mode"?

In certain specific circumstances it might get you a few more FPS to set it to none, but mostly it will cause problems. You can try it and see, but if something goes weird you will know why lol.
(12-08-2013, 02:20 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]In certain specific circumstances it might get you a few more FPS to set it to none, but mostly it will cause problems. You can try it and see, but if something goes weird you will know why lol.

I never touch it because it breaks some of my games.
Clamping mode only useful for some games other than that the defult is best. For ex- in ssx tricky the player get invisible so, to fix this issue you need to change clamping and round mode to real or near.
Ohh, okay Smile It could just be awesome to play games like ssx 3, tekken 5 and DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, with max fps Smile
Btw, will i ever be able to record (fraps) with these specs...? :/
Probably not because of how demanding FRAPS is, but you could always try it.
Yeah, fraps slows my rig down on some PCSX2 games, so I imagine it will kill yours.

Look into something like Nvidia shadowplay which is done on the GPU and should run at a good speed for you. Also it's free. Just requires a GTX 650 or higher. I don't know if it works with laptop cards or not though.
ohh... okay Tongue i was getting worried that my computer sucked... Tongue
(12-08-2013, 11:08 PM)Eiffel65 Wrote: [ -> ]ohh... okay Tongue i was getting worried that my computer sucked... Tongue

Not at all, it's just that PCSX2 is super demanding and most laptops haven't gotten to the point of being fast enough yet. Unless you are spending extravagant amounts of money.
Pages: 1 2 3